Short Women from about 4'9-5'2...Calorie Intake??

Options

Replies

• Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    EXACT same as me!!!
    I'm 5'0 and I eat 1200-1300 calories. I exercise around 30-60 min per day and I do not eat back my exercise calories. I have a desk job where I'm on my butt all day so I'm very scared to eat back any exercise calories I get!
  • giveMEbeauty
    giveMEbeauty Posts: 192
    Options
    4ft 11
  • sunshine421969
    sunshine421969 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'1 and I spoke to a friend of mine a while back..she has a degree in this field and working toward more.She set me on a 1700 calorie a day and burn at least 500 calories a day and NOT EAT back the calories.I have did this and it has worked well for me.I was on a 1200 calorie a day a few weeks back and burning around 300 calories..I stayed the same weight for awhile and I was getting fustrated,,When I changed , just in 4 days I started losing weight again..I wish you the best...:smile:
  • Allup2Me78
    Allup2Me78 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the wonderful info!!
  • Sizethree4Ever
    Sizethree4Ever Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    EXACT same as me!!!
    I'm 5'0 and I eat 1200-1300 calories. I exercise around 30-60 min per day and I do not eat back my exercise calories. I have a desk job where I'm on my butt all day so I'm very scared to eat back any exercise calories I get!

Me too.

I'm 5'0 and I eat 1200-1300 calories. I exercise around 30-min per day and I do not eat back my exercise calories. I upped my calories last year to 1500 after reading so many 1200 calorie posts, and I gained back a lot of weight.
  • femmefae
    femmefae Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10" and currently trying to eat between 1300-1600 cals per day. I'm thinking I might up it because I exercise daily. I'm currently trying to train for a triathlon in October so while I think I should eat a little bit more, I'm kinda of scared to eat any more than that. Also, I don't normally eat back my work out calories. I do Pilates 4x a week ~50 mins each session, HIIT training 2-3x a week ~1 hr per session, triathlon training 5x a week ~1 hr-1.5 hrs per session, Lifting on a four day split ~30 mins per session, 1 rest day per week.

For reference I work at a desk job, but still find that I might not be as active as I could be :/
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hi, 5'1" here, eat 800 - 950 calories a day depending on how hungry I am.
  • ccb2004
    ccb2004 Posts: 16
    Options
    I am 5'2 1/2. I eat about 1700 calories a day and losing on average about a pound a week. I started at 139 lbs., currently at 122 and aiming for 110 as final goal weight. I walk a couple miles every day and do a Jillian Michaels dvd daily (between 30-50 min, depending on which dvd i do). Planning to start weight training very soon :-)
  • Marina809
    Marina809 Posts: 38
    Options
    I'm 5' 1.5". My TDEE is 1468. I eat anywhere from 800 to 1000 calories a day. I haven't started an exercise program yet and work at a desk all day so not much going on physically to justify any more calories than that.

ETA: I do 20/4 intermittent fasting so I get to eat all those calories in one evening meal. During the day, I drink black coffee and water only.
  • WeeBelle123
    WeeBelle123 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Curlyexpat
    Curlyexpat Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am 5'1 and I spoke to a friend of mine a while back..she has a degree in this field and working toward more.She set me on a 1700 calorie a day and burn at least 500 calories a day and NOT EAT back the calories.I have did this and it has worked well for me.I was on a 1200 calorie a day a few weeks back and burning around 300 calories..I stayed the same weight for awhile and I was getting fustrated,,When I changed , just in 4 days I started losing weight again..I wish you the best...:smile:

Thanks for the tip, I will try this as I am on 1200 and been stuck for a while.
  • llbennett74
    llbennett74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    My base is set at 1342 and then I eat back about 1/2 of my exercise calories so I've been averaging out just over 1500. I exercise 6 days a week for 45 minute to an hour most days. I'll admit I have not found the perfect formula yet and am working on upping my protein and watching the carbs. I am 5'1 1/2.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Options
    I'm 4'11 and I have maybe 15-20 pounds that I WANT to lose--I could conceivably lose 10 pounds and be "fine" but I don't really like my body at anything over 115 pounds (personal preference for ME, not a judgment of others' goals).

That being said, my current calorie target is as follows:

~1500-1600 when doing a 30 minute intense workout (T25)
    ~1600-1700 when doing a morning walk plus my 30 minute workout (1 hour total)
    ~1700-1800 when doing a morning run plus my 30 minute workout (1 hour total)

Aside from workouts I usually walk 15-40 minutes a day to/from campus. That's about it.

I'm injured right now but when I start strength training again I'll likely be eating 1800+ every day.
  • bmskid
    bmskid Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    5'2"...I eat at BMR, and right now that's about 1611.

You do NOT have to eat less to lose weight just because you're short. Promise. :)
  • nomorebingesgirl2014
    nomorebingesgirl2014 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    4ft 11
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    5'2"...I eat at BMR, and right now that's about 1611.

You do NOT have to eat less to lose weight just because you're short. Promise. :)

It depends on your metabolism, age, and activity level, as well as how quickly you want to lose weight. There is no one answer for everyone.
  • Miiya1993
    Miiya1993 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey yeah I'm small too, either 4'9 or 4'11 depending on which leg and I eat around 700 calories. I don't really do any cardio because I have severe asthma. I feel fine eating that much but I'm worried I'm not losing any weight. I haven't weighed myself since I started this lower calorie diet but I hope I see some results.
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    5'2 15-1600 cals, workout 120min per day
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2" on a good day, weigh 190.4 as of today (which would take my ticker down another couple of pounds I think) and I eat 1500-1600 calories regardless of exercise. I am not super active, I'm a stay-home mom with older kids, so not chasing any toddlers around. I hit the gym 6 days/week, C25K alternating with walking. Sometimes I throw in a yoga DVD. I understand why some short women feel the need to eat 1200 calories, I disagree but I get it. However, anything below that is just unnecessary.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I am 41 and 5ft1. I usually eat 1200 plus exercise cals and my daily goal for exercise is 400 cals which means I can eat 1600 but I don't always do that but I think it works out in the end as I sometimes eat out. I am going to be away for 4 days and then back a day and then away another 6 days so I am trying out 1100 plus exercise right now which is very easy because I am also burning 500+ cals a day at the moment. Other weeks I have eaten 1300 or 1400 + exercise and I think it is ok to change it up and vary things. My progress has been pretty good, I have lost at least 14lbs in 12 weeks :smile: I say at least because it is my ovulation week and I usually retain a pound or two so may be a bit higher.