Do not go to a Chinese Restaurant

Options
Do not go to a Chinese Restaurant if you like to eat. Went today and ended up over by 568 calories OUCH. Guess once a month for a treat day is not too bad. And now all of those left overs........

Replies

• ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'll eat your leftovers. No problem.
  • kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    Dump it down the disposal......
  • coffee_fiend
    coffee_fiend Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So much oil! But lots of Chinese places have special diet menus that are yummy! Lots of steamed veggies. :)
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    orange chicken.... mmmmmmmmmmm....
  • Zenjaeie
    Zenjaeie Posts: 95
    Options
    My advice? Always go for the steamed veggies, egg drop soup or other brothy soups, and STEAMED brown rice (and don't forget the soy sauce!) All of these are low cal eating out options, and super yummy! This way I never have to give up my chinese food ;)
    As for the leftovers, dump 'em! Sounds wasteful, I know, but you had your indulgence- no reason to keep indulging on the food after that, it'll just lead to guilt. Or if you don't wanna dump them, share them!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    We don't eat Chinese food often...but I have NO intention of stopping it...I love it! And what are these "leftovers" you refer to?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    I think there are worse places you could go if you like to eat... if you enjoy it, enjoy it once in a while.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    dont go to Americanized chinese places.
  • Chuki5
    Chuki5 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    your kidding me right............LOL...........I could kill 5K calories at one buffet..........you got off easy! :bigsmile:
  • NanaWubbie
    NanaWubbie Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Only 568 calories? (This is why I don't do buffets)
  • OhioSioux
    OhioSioux Posts: 5
    Options
    I used to feel this way too until I discovered most Chinese restaurants offer steamed chicken and broccoli. It's really filling and low in calories. Try it out!
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    i havent gone in a while because i cant find accurate nutritional info for majority of chinese food, the estimations are just all over the place. If ive had an active day and have not had much to eat yet i might consider it occasionally.
  • GTAFrank
    GTAFrank Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Japanese = not much better. Had a greasy dinner saved only by a late night stint on the elliptical. Not making that mistake again.
  • Dwamma
    Dwamma Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Not to mention totally blowing your sodium count for an entire week in only one meal! :explode:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    568 calories!?!? OMFG the horror!
  • ArieYayo
    ArieYayo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I am a huge lover of Chinese food, but I stopped ordering take-out once I started having an active lifestyle. I, now, make my own sweet 'n sour, fried rice and whatever else I would like at home. That way you can really control what goes into your food and how much. There are a ton of recipes online. Just search for it.

It's really not as hard as it seems, once you get the hang of things!
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    I quit Chinese food after looking up the recipe for sesame chicken. Seriously, there are cakes with less sugar in them..
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    I can go to Chinese restaurants, just not buffets, where "all you can eat" becomes a sort of "get your money's worth" challenge in my head, and I wind up sick.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,018 Member
    Options
    Hakka is even worse.....I could eat that food all day, and sometimes I do.
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    makes me want hot and sour soup. I love that stuff. Full of mushrooms and tofu. Then I head to the fried deliciousness.