For those who have gym membership.....

Options
13»

Replies

• paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    This is a personal one, because everybody has slightly different goals. Are you trying to lose massive weight, just tone up, build a bad *kitten* muscle, slim down, etc....... Also how much time, and how fast I you trying for? They all play into the equation.

And honestly men and women tend to have very different goals. Might I add if you belong to a gym, most gyms offer Personal Training, and the first session is normally free. I would use your gym for a week or two, try to figure out what your goal is, and then maybe talk to the gym about a personal training session or two. I am not saying you need a P.T. permanently or full-time, just to help get you started down the path, or to help get you back on the right path from time to time.

Also others in a gym are normally open to help, if they can, as long as the goal is training, not just social BS.

our gym gave 3 free sessions with a trainer, then it's $50 (aus) for 45mins. really trainers are just the same as all of us but have done the hard yards already, your motivation and in the case of my gym they give a stretch and massage at the end, they don't offer anything you couldn't work out yourself by doing research and seeing a nutritionist and doesn't mean they aren't biased towards one idea or another

for instance the one i happened to get was an intermediate trainer and he would tell me go nuts on eating cause you want to bulk up to lose weight and only do cardio to get your heart going then immediately stop, which I had success doing the complete opposite.
  • kjwalker59
    kjwalker59 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I go at least 3 days a week. I have a day of rest between sessions to "rest" the muscles. At the gym I start with 30 minutes on the elliptical followed by 30 minutes on the treadmill. I am trying to increase the incline on the treadmill and increase the speed/run for more time on the treadmill as my fitness improves. I follow that with weight lifting on 9 different machines (hip abduction, biceps, triceps, legs, abs, etc. and end my workout with mat work for abs and back stretches. It takes about 2 hours. My reward for a good workout is relaxing in the gym whirlpool and sauna... Time well spent!