Is it bad to exercise at certain times of the day?

Options
I always feel more motivated to exercise later at night, AFTER I've eaten the day's food. Is there something wrong with this?

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Nope. I find that exercising too late makes it hard for me to sleep, but unless that's a problem for you, go right ahead. Exercise whenever works for you.
  • mattie97305
    Options
    It is recommended not to exercise 2-3(guessing) hrs before bed. It can make it difficult to fall asleep.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I used to do this a lot more when I was in my 20s because I usually worked long hours and by the time I hit the gym I was lucky if it was 8 p.m. Like the other poster said, if you have time to unwind after, and you can sleep it's fine.

Personally, I think it helps out your metabolism!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with it, as long as you don't feel like it's interfering with your sleep cycle.
  • anewlily
    anewlily Posts: 5
    Options
    In my book, if you are going to exercise ... ANYTIME is a good time. Think about it, most people don't exercise at all.

But yeah if you do cardio stuff before bed, your heart rate might be a little faster and that can interfere with your sleep. I always get on my treadmill sometime between lunch and dinner (3-4pm). Whatever time you choose, you can't go wrong with exercising!!! :)
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Exercising in your sleep can be risky. Beyond that, don't sweat it.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    ain't no thang
  • OtakuMusician
    OtakuMusician Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot, everyone. And don't worry about the sleep schedule thing. Going to bed an hour or so after I work out actually helps me go to sleep a lot quicker and easier, and I sleep throughout the entire night.