Today I chose not to have...

Options
Glazed chocolate donuts. My husband brought them home. I checked the calories and fat (250/12) and decided it wasn't worth it, even as a treat.

What did you choose not to have recently?

Replies

• Trapwolf
    Trapwolf Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    sadly I chose not to have a vitamin water....I glanced at the label...it had 32 carbs and 170 cals...Thats like a Coke. I said..no to that. But I dont really say NO, I say...I would rather spend those calories on something else, sometimes I eat cake and pizza :O)
  • tsmom1128
    tsmom1128 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Broccoli alfredo. I work at a group home and I have to make lunch for my residents. Today, I made broccoli alfredo from scratch, as that is what they asked for. I resisted.... it's all gone now, they devoured it, so the temptation is no longer there. THANK GOODNESS!!!
  • noelkm67
    noelkm67 Posts: 118
    Options
    Great job, folks! Trapwolf, saying NO to those calories is what Ii mean by "choosing" not to have something. It's not a deprivation, it's a choice you make and it doesn't have a good or bad value. It's just one choice on a given day.

:-)
  • missy_girl001
    missy_girl001 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    A pitcher of sangria. I went for 1 small glass instead.
  • SmurphyKU
    SmurphyKU Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    My dad's birthday was yesterday and we had a huge cookie cake to celebrate.. I didn't eat a bite of it! I was so proud haha
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    The remaining portion of corn chips at the bottom of the bag.
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    All the pizza the kids did not eat last night. Woohoo!
  • Division12
    Division12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Potato skins at work!
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    One of the infinite junk food snack options at work including chips, cookies, candy bars, donuts, etc. and opting for a string cheese and apple instead. :)
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Ice cream (yet). Probably save cals for that for tonight
  • LivvieO
    LivvieO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Sadly I've chosen not to have my favourite Pineapple mango smoothie from McDonalds because of the sugar content. That's really hard because I'm going from drinking 2-3 per day every day to none at all.
  • noelkm67
    noelkm67 Posts: 118
    Options
    High five, everyone! And way to go, LlivvieO!!!
  • rumplesnat
    rumplesnat Posts: 372
    Options
    Hash brown patties and corned beef hash for breakfast. Had greek yogurt, granola and turkey breast instead! :bigsmile:
  • MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    Today I chose not to have spicy fried chicken wings, so so hard!
  • healthymelisa
    healthymelisa Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Ice cream - it was screaming my name. But I blocked it out.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    Today, and everyday, I choose not to deny myself of any particular kind of food that others deem 'bad' or 'non-nutritious' for whatever reason seems to suit them. Instead, I choose to eat in a reasonable manner, and if I over-indulge, I choose to be more careful and work out harder the next day.

So, in short, I choose not to stress over what I eat - instead, I choose to enjoy myself.
  • MrsMac927
    MrsMac927 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    burger and fries from Wendy's - I only went because my husband asked for it!! and now beer - all my friends are here drinking and I am being good :-)
  • robbienjill
    robbienjill Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Another slice of birthday cake my mom made me, AND I passed on White Russians! $h!! Is getting real:) :laugh:
  • TwinMom422
    TwinMom422 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    50 cent cone from Burger King. It's cheap, and I love them. Instead I ate broccoli. lol

Baking cookies at the moment for my twin's dad. Resisting temptation to eat one.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Today I chose not to have pizza, of the frozen variety. I stared at it in the case for several minutes at the grocery store debating whether I wanted it because I REALLY wanted it, or if I wanted it because it looked good in passing and I was feeling impulsive. I fell back on my usual tactic - walk away and if I still really want it 5 minutes later I can go back and get it, but 5 minutes later I wasn't craving pizza anymore. I don't believe in depriving myself of everything I crave, but I do want to make sure before I give in to the craving that it's going to be worth it.