Ladies... how short is too short?

Options

Replies

• PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I think people who worry about that are insecure. Sorry friends who are concerned with height. I still love you, promise! I'm 6' tall. My bf is 5'8". I rock the heels when we're out together. I don't care that I end up a solid 6"+ taller than him, nor does he. He loves tall girls.

To each their own. You're attracted to what you're attracted to. Can't change it, so why worry about it? Making a conscious decision to not be with someone you like or click with BECAUSE of height, that's just silly.

Amen! to that sister, I'm taller than my husband, and my grandma was taller than my grandpa. So I'm guessing I inherited my love for short men from her lol.
  • Cutting4life
    Cutting4life Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Whats average height?
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    I've always liked tall men. I'm 5'6 and my husband is 6 foot. I once dated someone who was 6'6! I think the shortest I ever dated was 5'11.
  • theepervette
    theepervette Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'2.. so almost every guy i've met is taller
  • FruityLoops
    FruityLoops Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I can't say I've ever discounted anyone because of height, but my current bloke is 6'7" and the previous was 6'5", so clearly I have a type, lol!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Peter Dinklage is a hottie! He went to the same college as me too, so that makes me partial (it was a world all to itself). Oh, and I just saw that he was also born in the same place as my husband, wow...funny coincidence.
  • mushroomcup
    mushroomcup Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I'd probably be uncomfortable dating a man who is shorter than 5' 5" or taller than 6' 4". Not sure if it's relevant, but I'm bi, so I'll just include that I tend to prefer women who are a little taller than I am. I'm not in the dating scene though (in a long-term, happy relationship), so none of this matters anyway.

(For reference: I'm 5' 4".)
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I don't really think tHere is such thing as too short. I'm pretty short myself (5'3) and I wouldn't discount someone based on their height. With that said, I've somehow always ended up with men that are 6'+
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    I was going to ask this very question specifically aimed at really tall ladies (5'8 and taller) but I can see that it is pretty universal that tallness is preferred. I got the 'short end' of the tallness gene pool, but its' okay because so did my wife!
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    So I would say roughly my height. Considering I am basically 5'4" that doesn't seem too hard.
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I need them taller than me when I'm wearing heels...so about 5'9".

I went on a date one time with a guy I met online. His profile claimed 5'7", so I figured I'd wear a pair of my smaller heels. I got out of truck and was looking down...way, way down. No second date, but then again he also asked me to marry him during dinner, so that didn't help his case.
  • CountDown321
    CountDown321 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    6 foot 2 inches minimum, prefer 6'7 or so :)

Oh, and Im 5'3.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    My height or taller. I'm 5'4 1/2.

I will say that I had a raging obsession with one of my college TA's who was MAYBE 5'3. He was sexy as hell and I so would have. But he was sexy because he strutted like he was 6'3. It was an attitude thing.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Before I started dating my husband I liked a guy who was a bit shorter than me (I'm 5'6"). I didn't date him but only because he never asked me out. If he had, I definitely would have said yes. Height isn't a deal breaker for me. If I were single, my criteria would probably be more along the lines of how much a guy could lift than how tall he was. :laugh:
  • spider_mark51959
    spider_mark51959 Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Ha! I like the way you think Sabrina.
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9". When I was younger I tried to stay above 5'7 (my husband is 5'9"). Lately I've met a couple of really hot, strong 5'4" and would totally hit that (if I were single).
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Before I started dating my husband I liked a guy who was a bit shorter than me (I'm 5'6"). I didn't date him but only because he never asked me out. If he had, I definitely would have said yes. Height isn't a deal breaker for me. If I were single, my criteria would probably be more along the lines of how much a guy could lift than how tall he was. :laugh:

There's a trainer at my gym who is about 5'4" and can deadlift aver 400lbs. Yums.

I hear short men are better in bed too....
  • shadowharuka
    shadowharuka Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't really mind, if they are my height or taller. (I'm 5'6, boyfriend is 5'8.5 ish)
  • britttttx3
    britttttx3 Posts: 458
    Options
    Taller than me, which is taller than 5'3. And wow, is tom cruise really that short? Hahaha
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    x sigh x