I NEVER Believed in diet pills until........

Options

Replies

• SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    It's not a diet pill it's a starvation pill. Fixed it for ya.
  • ashleyisgreat
    ashleyisgreat Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    It's not a diet pill it's a starvation pill. Fixed it for ya.

Exactly. And it doesn't teach you a damn about nutrition.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Don't be an idiot. Only a superficial and vapid person would put their physical appearance over their health. Don't be that kind of person.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    It sounds nutz...but that is what is happening with me. I got this stuff directly from China.
    Oooh. I wouldn't even touch stuff from China. They have NO REGULATION for the purity of product being bottled. In fact lots of supplements from China are usually tainted with something and for all you know their could be male pro hormones in them.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Or meth. OP, have you found yourself unusually energetic and hyper-alert?
  • toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    There are some medications which, if prescribed by a responsible doctor and used in conjunction with visits to a Registered Dietitian who sets up an eating plan, might be OK in the short-term for an obese person who has failed repeatedly. What you're doing sounds scary.
  • Contrarian
    Options
    Wait - you're a PHD student in theology who states in her profile - "To be an example to my 9 year old niece"?

Ridiculous.
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Is this dangerous?

YES!!!!!

Advise?

STOP!!!!

Please. Seriously, 100% bad idea.
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Ninerbuff always has great advice, I love when I see him on a thread, lol.

My two cents: A friend of mine had an aunt who died recently because she was taking diet pills that worked really well, when she lost tons of weight and stopped taking them, he weight came back and she couldn't lose it... so she started taking them again and eventully she was malnourished to the point where she ended up dying from it. It's really sad, but it can easily turn from "Awesome! I'm not even hungry and my weight is just falling off!" to becoming an eating disorder.
  • MrsSenecal
    MrsSenecal Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I had a perfectly healthy 35 fellow officer who had a major heart attack while on duty taking Diet Pills. He had to be medically retired at 40% of his pay and he can never work again due to the scar tissue in his heart.

This officer was in shape, did cardio every day, lifted and was in perfect shape.

This enough makes me NEVER want to head down that route.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    It sounds nutz...but that is what is happening with me. I got this stuff directly from China.

Is it lead?
  • MrsSenecal
    Options

I don't eat anything from china, at least not knowingly...

WORD!!!

China is very unregulated when it comes to medicines.
  • Justice2012
    Justice2012 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Its not phen---whatever you call it.

Its 7 or 8 natural ingredients.

I do not plan to do this forever.

I know you guys are shocked, and somewhat defensive, and I do appreciate everyone's concern.
  • CrankMeUp
    CrankMeUp Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    no.gif
  • slartybart
    Options
    Hi natural foods unprocessed diet pills play with your brain chemistry dodgy anyway have you seen the movie Requiem for a Dream if not watch it the, whole thing i
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

I know you guys are shocked, and somewhat defensive, and I do appreciate everyone's concern.

They told you it was 7 or 8 natural ingredients. But consider it's unregulated who the hell knows what's in it.
  • MrsSenecal
    Options
    There is no magic pill that will make this process any easier. This is the lazy way out.
    What are those 7-8 ingredients please. And name what medicine it is.
  • Contrarian
    Options

I'm not defensive. I just have very little respect for what you're doing.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    why can't everybody leave the OP alone??

obviously the placebo ( or in this case, the NOcebo ) effect is working for her.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options

It's probably safer than going out into the woods and sampling all the toad stools to see which one destroys your liver. Buy electronics from China NOT food or drugs or even pet food. Haven't you seen on the news about the Chinese food factory executives who were executed for the murders their adulterated food caused? Were you not watching the news for the great Melamine Pet Food Recall of 2007, when Chinese pet food was killing dogs in the US? Did you not know that as early as 2001, Belgian scientists had determined that Chinese pine nuts (Pinus armandii), which are still distributed in the US, gives some folks "Pine Nut Syndrome" wherein everything you eat tastes bitter and your tongue tastes like tin foil for a few weeks? Did you not know that between 2007 and 2008, the FDA identified as many as 149 deaths being associated with adulterated heparin from China? Do you have a death wish?
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options

Why did you post this? You know people around here are going to tell you it's a stupid idea.

Hopefully you don't end up in the hospital.

Come to think of it, this thread should be deleted for promoting unsafe behavior.
This discussion has been closed.