Today I chose not to have...

Options

Replies

• JAEGAmom
    JAEGAmom Posts: 39
    Options
    A chocolate chip ice cream sandwich... My husband and I went to the Demo Derby at the county fair this evening & stopped by the station to fill the car up with gas on the way out of town! I had the ice cream sandwich out of the cooler and was halfway up to the register to pay, when I looked to see how many calories it was... almost 400!!! Went back and put it back in the cooler! Love them... but not for 400 calories!!!
  • unapologetically_crystal
    Options
    i said no to chicken wonton taco appetizer at applebees.. and everyone tried to get me to eat it.. but i knew i was getting food.. & also would already be having "something bad" (an iced coffee) later.. plus that appetizer would not have fit into my calories.
  • alfiedn
    alfiedn Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure how great my choice was, but I chose to eat a pizza with sun dried tomatoes, artichoke, and spinach rather than mozzarella sticks tonight.
  • JustLindaLou
    JustLindaLou Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    ...a resentment binge party after seeing the ex today... the best way to deal with that jerk is continuing on the quest to make a better life for myself including looking dang good in the healthy fit body I am building.... so I binged on roasted cauliflower with smoked paprika and feta cheese instead of eating an entire pizza and maybe the leftover pringles from 4th of July.... :D

Great thread! Awesome choices everyone, whether it was to skip something completely or make a healthier choice or just choose to not stress over today!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    The "cheeseburger" cupcake my son made me.... Because I already had a piece of pie. I will eat the cupcake tomorrow, though.
  • yaseyuku
    yaseyuku Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    More than one serving of ice cream.

I did have a serving though and it was delicious.
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    A Clif's Crunchy Peanut Butter bar. Yummm, instead I had two cookies and today I had my 1st TRUE cheat day (ate before I logged). Went 1000 calories over.. hopefully I don't gain too much.. Hahahaha
  • disneygallagirl
    disneygallagirl Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    pizza, made a better choice, even though it smelled awesome.
  • DavidAWillis
    Options
    Congratulations to everybody on your happy choices!
  • buttshrink
    buttshrink Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    To only eat two pieces of pizza instead of half the pie. I rounded out the meal with a salad ans it all fit into my calorie budget for the day.
  • orangeyellowkayak
    orangeyellowkayak Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    sadly I chose not to have a vitamin water....I glanced at the label...it had 32 carbs and 170 cals...Thats like a Coke. I said..no to that. But I dont really say NO, I say...I would rather spend those calories on something else, sometimes I eat cake and pizza :O)

this is true. I eat everything but something just are not worth the calories spent. Like my bank account I have decide how to spend my money , I also have to decide how to spend my cals.
    Deep fried food I have to leave out to save cals..
  • DancingDreams1234
    Options
    Well it's morning.. I chose not to add sugar to my coffee.
  • saschka7
    saschka7 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    sadly I chose not to have a vitamin water....I glanced at the label...it had 32 carbs and 170 cals...Thats like a Coke. I said..no to that. But I dont really say NO, I say...I would rather spend those calories on something else, sometimes I eat cake and pizza :O)

I'm the same way. Honestly though, I think it's a far more intelligent choice. People tend to get more satisfaction (whether it's from the taste, the social aspect, or the just the celebratory idea of a fun food) from pizza or cake than from Vitamin Water.

I like Vitamin Water too, but if I'm going to have 170 calories and 32 carbs (or whatever), the satisfaction level of Vitamin Water is FAR below pizza or cake--I'd rather save it for something I enjoy more!

I dunno....maybe some people get their rocks off more from Vitamin Water than anything else though. :smile:
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I chose not to have any of the Krispy Kreme donuts that we bought on our camping vacation (it's day 3 today.Out of seven)

I'm trying not to get into the mindset of free eating, although yesterday was pretty bad.
  • lcransaw
    lcransaw Posts: 95
    Options
    I did not eat cookies or get pizza or a fast food hamburger. I choose salad with my own dressing or half serving of the store's dressing. I also only drank water though I bought juice for my kid and hubby. I admire those of you who can resist Krispy Kreme donuts. I dare not go there, because that is a major weakness for me!
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    An entire block of chocolate. Or two.

Delicious, delicious Lindt was on special, so I bought 2 x 100g blocks (Coconut & Strawberry Intense). Over the last couple weeks I've been trying to re-introduce the foods that would usually trigger me to overeat, so that I can learn to consume them in moderation.

I've found that I can stick to having a couple squares a day, and some of the tricks I've been using to stop me from going back and finishing the entire block include:
    - Having the chocolate at work or in class where I physically cannot access the rest
    - Having decided the rest of my food for the day so I know there isn't room for seconds
    - Not carrying spare change or getting into the habit of using the vending machine (though their prices deter me pretty fast!)
    - Having a piece of fruit/cup of tea afterwards so I feel more full and don't have the lingering chocolatey taste in my mouth
    - Keeping my stash of snacks in a really inconvenient cupboard low down and behind the garbage bins
  • sarahthin
    sarahthin Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Not to eat the cake and icecream at my son's 40th birthday party. That is major for me
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Leftover pizza. I even put it in my log for BREAKFAST ahead of time, then deleted it and put 2 whole scrambled eggs with salsa...whew!!!!
  • victoriasnow
    victoriasnow Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Coffee creamer & sugar in my coffee. :(
  • gabijadc
    gabijadc Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Ice cream.
    I've promised to myself that I will have ice cream this summer ONLY on days when it's 25 Celsius or higher. And there was only one day like that this summer so far... Freaking freezing here :D