Trying a new lunch.. anyone else had this for a meal?

Options
2»

Replies

• carmenteacher
    Options
    I eat Fage nonfat or 2% plain Greek yogurt, add cinnamon to it and then put in about a cup of fresh blueberries with some chopped walnuts. I use the plain because then I can get my carbs/sugar from the berries and the nuts give me the crunch, and the cinnamon just makes everything taste better.
  • bowbeforethoraxis
    bowbeforethoraxis Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    That sounds really unsatisfying to me. Not much food for a big caloric, sugar filled bang. Plus I don't do sweet meals. I'm a lover of all things savory.

But - if you're the complete opposite of me, it would probably be great!

I tried mixing sugar-free chocolate pudding into Greek yogurt once. Someone told me it tasted like ice cream. What they failed to mention was that instant pudding was a poor choice that would turn the yogurt into a paste.

I've put pudding mix in greek yogurt before, and never had it turn pasty. Did you put in too much of the powder?
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Oikos is good stuff. I eat it as a snack. 4oz of plain greek yogurt with a 100 calorie pack of almonds. 170 calories. Just a snack.
  • sdionnemoore
    sdionnemoore Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Yes, the 100 cal packs of those cocoa roasted are a great deterrent from eating more than I should!

Doesn't dry pudding mix have thickeners in it? So when added to already thick Greek yogurt. . .yeah, I could see paste happening.
  • kaseyAnne425
    kaseyAnne425 Posts: 230
    Options
    So I took everyones advice and cut back on the 1/2 cup of granola I was going to use and substituted it for 1/4 cup of old fashioned oats with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Unfortunately, it still brought me up a lot in carbs, but lowered the sugar!
  • Happylady123
    Happylady123 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite breakfasts loaded with protein, calcium, and anitoxidants:

Mix together in a bowl:

Body Fortress - Super Advanced Whey Isolate Protein Vanilla Cream, 0.75 scoop
    Diamond of California - Slivered Almonds (one tablespoon)
    Dannon - Light N Fit Greek Vanilla Yogurt - 2x Protein (one single serve container)
    Great Value - No Calorie Sweetener, 3 packet
    Blueberries - Raw, 0.5 cup

In another bowl mix together and microwave for about 5 min:
    Quaker - Old Fashion'd Oatmeal, 1/4 cup
    Nature's Earthly Choice - Chia Ancient Grains
    Blue Diamond - Almond Breeze - Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk - 30 Calories, 0.5 cup
    Kretschmer - Wheat Germ ~ Original Toasted, 1 T (14g)

Combine the two into one bowl of fruity, crunchy, creamy deliciousness.
    The entire recipe has 436 calories, 0 sat. fat, 55 calcium, 49 carbs, 46 protein, 207 of sodium. This is a great post-run recovery breakfast or a great one to have before your run!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites. This is a filling meal.
  • Lind5ay90
    Lind5ay90 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I eat plain, non-flavored Greek yogurt with a touch of honey and some fresh fruit almost every morning. It keeps me full until lunch and sometimes even longer! I'd leave out the granola but, other than that, I think that sounds like a great, filling, quick meal for you :)
  • Shellerini
    Shellerini Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Try this :

http://www.glenisk.com/our-products/yogurts/glenisk-organic-greek-style-low-fat-blueberry-yogurt/

I love the taste and the fruits in there !
    It doesn't have too many calories and it does fill you up :)
    Plus it's cheap compares to other Greek yogurts
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    That sounds really unsatisfying to me. Not much food for a big caloric, sugar filled bang. Plus I don't do sweet meals. I'm a lover of all things savory.

I tried mixing sugar-free chocolate pudding into Greek yogurt once. Someone told me it tasted like ice cream. What they failed to mention was that instant pudding was a poor choice that would turn the yogurt into a paste.

I've put pudding mix in greek yogurt before, and never had it turn pasty. Did you put in too much of the powder?

Entirely possible! I think it wasn't chocolatey enough for me. Or I should've used vanilla instead of plain?
  • kaseyAnne425
    Options

Entirely possible! I think it wasn't chocolatey enough for me. Or I should've used vanilla instead of plain?

I've never done this but do you think maybe doing a hot chocolate mix would work just the same?? That doesn't have thickeners and would add a nice flavor!
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Yes. I do during the summer months at work. I put cereal in mine. Was doing the granola but even though it was tasty a heck there were a few too many calories involved.
  • kaseyAnne425
    Options
    Yes. I do during the summer months at work. I put cereal in mine. Was doing the granola but even though it was tasty a heck there were a few too many calories involved.

I feel like in the summer, lighter meals are better for me only because the humidity and heat where I live bothers my stomach! But cereal is defeinitely a great option! I should try putting the Special K Fruit and Yogurt in there.. It has clusters of yogurt covered fruit! YuM!
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options

I've never done this but do you think maybe doing a hot chocolate mix would work just the same?? That doesn't have thickeners and would add a nice flavor!

Um...that sounds amazing. Try it and let me know!
  • laurenwolfe93
    laurenwolfe93 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I sometimes eat one Light and Fit Vanilla Yogurt (From Dannon, only 80 calories!) and I mix about a quarter of a cup of Plain Special K Cereal into it (30 calories!). I'll do that for breakfast, and sometimes lunch. Personally, it fills me up a lot more than I ever thought it would.
  • kaseyAnne425
    Options

Um...that sounds amazing. Try it and let me know!

So I just googled it to see if it was even possible or good tasting and it was mentioned on a morning talk show as "protein pudding". You mix 6oz of nonfat plain greek yogurt with one package of low fat hot chocolate mix and it turns into pudding! YUM!