Protein Bars ( Only 3 Ingredients ) + Picture

Options

Replies

• monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    how many protons/serving?
    you'd have to contact a molecular chemist to figure that one out.
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    lol@ people who can't figure out the cals. My protein powder is only 78 cals per serving - everyone has different powder, everyone will make different sized bars, everyone will use different peanut butter!!

Count YOUR calories, and be OCD about it otherwise you will simply over/under estimate and find reaching your goal harder :flowerforyou:

OMG thank you for saying this!!!!! people who expect everything to be handed to them drive me crazzzzzzzzy!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cmkile1003
    cmkile1003 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Looks yummy!!!!
  • Elisabeth101
    Elisabeth101 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Anything i could substitute for the peanut butter? I'm allergic
  • JudieJudes
    JudieJudes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Anything i could substitute for the peanut butter? I'm allergic

I make my own recipe date flap jack. Recipe Below:-

225 grams Jumbo Oats
    100g Seed and nut mix - I use 10g chia seeds, 40g desiccated coconut and 50g of pecans/walnuts - chopped. Add to the oats and combine.
    200 grams Pitted Dated - Chop and add to 100 ml water in a saucepan. On a medium heat cook until all the water is absorbed and the dates become a paste.
    75g Butter
    50g of Soft Brown Sugar - Add the butter and sugar to the date 'paste' and continue to heat through until everything is melted and combined.
    Add date mixture to the oats/seeds/nuts and combine fully.

Line a 8 inch square tin with greaseproof paper and press the mixture into the tin. Be firm and compact it down. Next score the top of the flap jack 5 x 5 = 25 pieces (dont cut all the way through - scoring helps to cut into equal pieces once cooked.

Bake in the oven electric 160 for 40 minutes.

To my calculations each piece comes out at 110 calories, 4.8g fat, 14.5g carbs, 1.6g protein.
  • Leeann1979
    Leeann1979 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I may try these tonight
  • Leeann1979
    Options
    So people who post recipes, why can't you enter them into the 'recipe' app here on MFP and post the breakdown for calories, protein, carbs, etc.? Certainly would be thoughtful, helpful and considerate.

How about YOU do your own homework in the recipe builder on MFP because you may or may not use the same brands of ingredients, or you may decide on different portion sizes for yourself?

Seriously, it isn't hard. :frown:

No kidding!! My mind is blown at the people who apparently can't figure it out themselves. The OP posts a great recipe and people actually have the balls to complain. All 3 of the ingredients Im going to use are different than his, so him posting the data would be pointless.
  • pattyci
    pattyci Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry, but what does "bump" mean???
  • pattyci
    pattyci Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking the question. My husband is really allergic as well... I need a substitution as well.
  • mjpTennis
    mjpTennis Posts: 6,165 Member
    Options
    Looks great. Will try. Thanks for sharing.
  • She_Hulk
    She_Hulk Posts: 277
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. They look awesome!!!
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Definitely need to make this!
  • Tam2oh
    Tam2oh Posts: 27
    Options
    Can't wait to try this! Thanks for posting the recipe!
  • jimithegreek
    Options
    Made them earlier tonight and used the oatmeal, peanut butter marshmallow protein powder, and chunky natural peanut butter. They were outstanding! Thanks for the recipe!
  • pinklolipops
    pinklolipops Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Looks good, will try
  • Leeann1979
    Options
    I made these last night and was pleasantly surprised! I used quick oats, smooth peanut butter, and a scoop of chocolate protein powder and they are great! I wrapped them in saran wrap and threw them in the freezer! I got 11 made but should have made them a bit bigger. There is only 8 grams of protein per bar, but still a healthy little snack!! Oh ya, I added flax seeds as well!!
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Bump to save as well :) looks awesome, thanks!!
  • SmartBlogz
    SmartBlogz Posts: 37
    Options
    hmm..thanks. guess I can try this out!