Which celebrity's death upset you the most?

Options
1121314151618»

Replies

• Baby_sway86
    Baby_sway86 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I don't think I was upset but the only celebs that made me go oh that's sad is Brittany Murphy - she was young and had started coming out with some movies that weren't just romcoms, and just started getting into her.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Margaret Thatcher.

Oh, sorry, misread the question, I thought it was "Which celebrities death made you want to drink yourself stupid into the night in sheer celebration the most".

My bad ;)
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Definitely James Gandolfini!!! Love Sopranos!! When I read he died a cold chill ran through me... Great actor and great man.
  • OnionMomma
    OnionMomma Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    On December 14, 2012, 20-year-old Adam Lanza fatally shot twenty children at Sandy Hook Elementary School in the village of Sandy Hook in Newtown, Connecticut.
    Anyone of them could have been celebrities.....but we will never know.....my heart still aches for those trusting, innocent souls.....

Best answer by far.
    So young, so innocent. So much potential and life left to live. THIS breaks my heart.

^^Yes this. There were heroes in the form of teachers that day that lost their lives protecting the innocent children they loved as their own.

I work in a Primary School and we were broken the next day. I can tell you for certain, I work with amazing men and women and we are in an often thankless profession. All of us agree, we would have done the same thing. We love those kids as are own.
  • bevchen
    bevchen Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I don't get "upset" about celebrities dying in the same way I would if someone I knew died, but there are some that I found sad.

Jon Lee from Feeder – So sad that he felt suicide was the only way out.

Bobby Robson – By the time he went, it was pretty inevitable, but it was still sad. Best comment I read at the time: "Bobby Robson didn't lose the battle with cancer. He won it 4-1".
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I agree...all of the innocent children and victims along with those who have died serving and protecting us....as for famous, I would say, Princess Diana, JFK Jr., and Heath Ledger.
  • A_Beautiful_disaster
    Options
    Chris Farley
  • aloranger7708
    aloranger7708 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I don't think their deaths really upset me - I feel more shocked than anything because most of them are so young.
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Dale Earnhardt
  • katbirdinpa
    katbirdinpa Posts: 105
    Options
    Gerry Garcia
  • dhilliges2015
    Options
    June Carter Cash and Johnny Cash
  • Myslissa
    Myslissa Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Christopher Reeve.
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Male: Patrick Swayze
    Female: Audrey Hepburn

BOTH FABULOUS ACTORS AND STUNNINGLY BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE (body and personality)

Also:
    Mr Dressup
    The Friendly Giant
    was just in shock when I heard about these two. you feel such an indellable connection to childhood characters and it seems they are immortal, then they die and you realize you've grown up....:sad:
  • Shaolin_Life
    Shaolin_Life Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Marcus Aurelius.....I remain devastated.
  • projectvanity
    Options
    Steve Irwin and Michael Jackson.
  • Annie83uk
    Annie83uk Posts: 128
    Options
    stephen gately and michael jackson. and now Cory Monteith, gone too young:noway:
  • larsensue
    larsensue Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I've never cried when a celebrity dies but plenty have made me sad. Patrick Swazye, Farrah Fawcett, John Ritter, John Candy and especially Princess Diana ( she was so tortured).

What I do cry about are lost, kidnapped, abused, or murdered children. No child should die a horrific death by an adult's hand.

The death of innocents and our men/women in arms are the most tragic. No on should have to die at the hands or neglect of another for ANY reason!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Amy Winehouse, definitely.

I was a MAJOR fan of her and her music from 2007 on, and was really hoping she would get herself together and come out with more and more music. I went through a major natural disaster and lost my home in May 2011 and listening to Amy's albums was one source of strength for me during that trying time, and 2 months later hearing she died was just heartbreaking to me.

Also, John Ritter.