Opinions please

Options
CarlaRG
CarlaRG Posts: 264
My husband and I aren't on the best of terms (considering divorce) but he is wonderfully supportive in my weight loss.

The other day I sent him a progress pic of my rear (wearing panties).

My best friend just happened to be sitting next to my husband when he got that text. She could not see who it was from but saw the pic and how he was trying to hide it.

She thought he might have a girlfriend or something so she told me about it. Like I said, it was my pic so no harm (Idk that I'd care had it not been but oh well)

I think her bringing it up to me was great and just another brick in the foundation of our friendship. I don't think a lot of people would have said anything.

That's my question....would you tell your friend if you thought their SO was cheating?

Replies

• TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Only if I was 100% sure...
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Only if I was 100% sure...
    yup
    only this.
  • runner2runner
    runner2runner Posts: 1,937 Member
    Options
    I'd have to be 100% sure first before I do anything!! It'd be a shame if I were to say something only to find that I got it wrong and the friendship is potentially ruined!! But if the evidence is there and is concrete, then it would only be my duty as a friend to tell him/her!!
  • CarlaRG
    Options
    I should add that I have my suspicions already
  • TyTy76
    Options

That's not relevant...
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    suspicions =/= proof. If you're already in the "I think he's cheating" call him out on it and move on, but I wouldn't go to a friend with it until you're 100%... otherwise, your friend will hate the guy even if you're wrong about your suspicions.
  • jaycbadass
    jaycbadass Posts: 325
    Options
    I ve learned my lesson. stay out of it!! see no evil, speak no evil....
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    bringing up things that you aren't sure of can create problems that aren't there.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options

so does that make it more or less okay to add to those suspicions with guesses and conjecture?
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Made that mistake once, ended up losing a friend and she is still with the guy. The messenger definitely got shot.

What I would do is have a word with the cheater and try and get them to be honest.
  • NathanielUK
    NathanielUK Posts: 61 Member
    Options

But if your talking divorce - why does it matter? You obviously dont want to be with him, considering your divorcing him.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i am confused... is this post about how good your friend is for saying soemthing to you, or whether you should tell another friend that they think their partner is cheating?
  • KatieBee8
    KatieBee8 Posts: 61
    Options
    Yes, I wouldn't hesitate in telling my friend if I had reason to believe their partner was cheating. Even if I wasnt 100% sure I would probably say something.
  • edible_lifter
    Options
    Like many above me, I'd have to be 100% sure.
    My best friends' husband (ex now) was trying to cheat on her for their ENTIRE relationship. She knew what he was like but was in denial. I didn't say anything because it's exactly who he was.

The only difference cheating makes now is what box to select on the divorce papers.

You deserve better. Love yourself enough to make the right decision. <3
  • CarlaRG
    Options
    I think this is very interesting. Thanks for your opinions.
    My friend's husband is always telling her that part of the "Bro Code" is to keep things like that to themselves and that seems to truly be the case.

@wolverine66...I am a practical person. I try to not jump to conclusions but I will weigh things out to determine what is fact and what just might seem off. I am a big believer in the "grass isn't always greener on the other side" and will not do anything to jump the fence prematurely. However, if there is no hope of bringing life back to the side I am on.... that is what I need to figure out.

Again, thanks for all the opinions...keep them coming
  • CarlaRG
    Options
    i am confused... is this post about how good your friend is for saying soemthing to you, or whether you should tell another friend that they think their partner is cheating?

I am of the OPINION that my friend did the right thing for me. That is just how I feel about it. The point of the post is just to see if others would voice their suspicions.
  • KatieBee8
    KatieBee8 Posts: 61
    Options
    I'm amazed that so many people wouldn't tell their friends :noway:. Isn't that what friends are for?

I would rather tell my friend that I had reasons to believe/evidence that her partner was cheating and risk our friendship being damaged. Rather than her finding out later that not only was her partner having an affair but her friend knew about it! Surely that's more damaging to any friendship?!
  • labeachgirl
    labeachgirl Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Just curious, why was your best friend sitting next to your husband when you weren't there?
  • TyTy76
    Options
    Just curious, why was your best friend sitting next to your husband when you weren't there?

Uh oh.
  • lorettasnewbeginning
    Options
    I think I would tell my friend if I had reason for a strong suspicion. I would tell her what I saw, heard, etc. and let her draw her own conclusions. Unless I was actually in the bedroom with her husband and a paramour there is no way to be 100% certain. As a divorce attorney in a state where irreconcilable differences is sufficient grounds for a divorce, I generally steer my clients away from claiming adultery as the grounds for divorce unless there is a claim for alimony. The reason is that it is very difficult to prove, unless the offending party confesses.