Replies

• THE_DOCTORSWIFE
    THE_DOCTORSWIFE Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Becks light 64 calories 3.4 carbs and great taste
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    My thing about beer is this. That watered down light stuff is not what it's about. It's about the body, the flavor, and the enjoyment of the beer itself.

Ergo, when I drink a beer, I either work into my day or I work it off. I'd rather have one really good beer than 3 lower calorie beers.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I drink what I want and count it towards my daily goal. I won't drink anything but craft brewed beer, usually IPA. The current one I'm drinking is 7.5%ABV and is 230cals each. I'm not going to remove something I enjoy from my diet. Better to just moderate it.
  • kellymoriarty82
    Options
    I've had the same problem because I really enjoy beer. I've found that Bud 55 is tasty, gets me that beer taste with only 55 calories. It has less alcohol content that other beers, but that helps with the calorie counting :)
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    The lastest issue of Consumer Reports rates craft beers.

I just came back from vacation, and I had about 7-10 beers over the 2 weeks. I ate clean otherwise and exercised. I lost 4 pounds. The month before, I had only 1-2 beers total, and the scales did not budge. Coincidence? Hmmm....
  • vendygirl
    vendygirl Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Drink some nice craft beers. What is the point of drinking crap "lite" beer? It has no taste and talk about a waste of calories. Red wine is low in calories but really alcohol calories are pretty much empty calories. It is all about moderation. You can easily eat well and have a decent beer or two in the same day. Just don't do it every day. ;D I'm a beer snob though. I'd rather drink to really good beers higher in calorie than drink horse piss that is know as "american style ale".
  • stephen4232
    stephen4232 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    I am Scottish so I would say drink whisky!!!
  • redhotbeads
    redhotbeads Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Labatt Blue Light Lime - just make sure it fits into your daily plan and it's all good!
  • hillcontessa
    hillcontessa Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Amstel Light...95 cal....delicious. I drink beer every other day, if not some days back to back with no signifcant hinderance.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I drink beer regularly...it is on my diet. I've lost nearly 40 Lbs and counting doing so. Just fit it in. Also, drink what you like to drink...drinking **** beer isn't worth it..might as well just have an ice tea or something if you're going to drink these ultra light and light piss beers.
  • debrag12
    debrag12 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Options
    I drink Kronenbourg, Stella, Amstal, Desperados or any high % ale. I don't care :)
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    My thing about beer is this. That watered down light stuff is not what it's about. It's about the body, the flavor, and the enjoyment of the beer itself.

Ergo, when I drink a beer, I either work into my day or I work it off. I'd rather have one really good beer than 3 lower calorie beers.

THIS!

Personally, I enjoy dark beers - I enjoy the taste and aroma, much like wine. If it tastes like water, then I might as well save the calories and drink water! I don't drink one every day and when I do, I plan for it and work it into my calories, usually by adding an extra run or a spin class.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Quality > Quantity.
  • carollynch09
    carollynch09 Posts: 111
    Options
    only makes you fat and stupid if you don't know your limitations ;)
  • carollynch09
    Options
    piss beers....lol
  • carollynch09
    Options
    Nice to see I'm not the only one who likes beer even though we're trying to keep fit. I agree with drinking what I want. Might as well make it a good beer and something I'm going to enjoy right? I'll just factor it into my food log :) I have to limit it to two however. Once I get past two, my will power goes down and I head for the peanuts and popcorn. Yap, drink, and munch. Yap, drink and munch. Then before I know it, there goes two more beers! Thanks for all your input everyone. Is it the weekend yet? :)
  • kmrbriscoe
    kmrbriscoe Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you live in Colorado...craft beer mecca! Consult with your local microbreweries about any lighter styles they are brewing. Just include the calories in your daily count. So much more flavor in craft beer than anything mass produced!
  • Lalasharni
    Lalasharni Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I drink beer - but not the commercially bottled kind. I search out local micro breweries and enjoy their hand crafted beers which are made from locally sourced grains, malt and local water.
    I live in Burton on Trent, England which is the home of beer. Marstons Pedigree is a great beer but has additives. The local microbreweries scattered around here produce some wonderful beers with weird names - "Stairway to Heaven" "Old Tom" "Piddle-in-the-Hole" and "Catzenpizz"
    I love them, have a couple now and again and wouldn't dream of counting the calories.
    If I cant find a local brew (such as when I'm away, I will drink Guinness - dark, cold, bitter and delicious to the last drop.
  • kyodi
    kyodi Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    While I do agree that life is too short to drink crap beer... I save my good beer drinking for the weekends and celebrations for doing stuff around the house. Happy hour after work with the guys I go with Miller Lite or Coors Light as they are the lowest calorie wise per ounce.

Edit: "... lowest calorie wise per ounce." when I did my research.
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    I would have the beer I really wanted if I was going to have some. Why drink a beer that you aren't going to enjoy??

^ This. Just log it, and exercise it out, if necessary ...

Remember, this isn't a diet - because they are unsustainable . This is a change of habits for life. So it's much more about moderation rather than denial ...