Diet Destroyers!

Options
What are yours? The foods that you can't just eat a correct portion size of even if you try really hard?

Mine are a fresh, hot loaf of bread....pasta.....potato chips....and French fries (the burger that come with is good too :).....obviously BAD carbs!

Is it better just to abstain from foods that you lose willpower around, even though its necessary to treat yourself sometimes? Opinions?

Replies

• lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Mine has to be french fries. I try to avoid eating any at all or, if I really want some, make sure to share some with someone else so I don't eat too many.
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I'm on the fence...right now I want to lose weight, so I'm avoiding most sugar, aside from maybe one small chocolate every now and then...once I get to maintenance I might occasionally have a donut (my #1 weakness)...but I have to be careful b/c usually when I have sugar it turns into an addiction! I'm okay with other carbs--I guess I prefer protein though, I really don't have any super willpower :) I say treat yourself sometimes, just be careful that sometime doesn't turn into "every time"...I think that it just depends on what you can handle :)
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    My diet destroyer is too much cardio. Sometimes I'm so tired, and eating perks me right up.
  • willdob3
    willdob3 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Mine is cheese...dairy. I avoid dairy most of the time. When I buy dairy I do it with the understanding that it'll slow my progress temporarily.

My choice of nutrition is minimally processed, natural foods so that already eliminates the other foods that used to be a problem for me - sugar, junk food, etc.
  • rachelc677
    rachelc677 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Potato chips are EVIL!!!! I can't just stop at a handful therefor I no long bring then into my home!!!!
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    God help me its anything that is a mixture of peanut butter and sugar (cookies, candies, bars) keep it away!!!!!!!!!
  • nobadkitty
    nobadkitty Posts: 95
    Options
    Mine are CHIPS and ICE CREAM. And, there are certain things I do NOT bring into my home: Cookies and sugary cereal. It's not easy with 2 little kids and not having these things, so we do a lot of chopped veggies and ranch. And ice cream I limit to those little serving size cups so if I MUST cheat, I have only one and its not totally damaging.
  • ashleyhigg396
    Options
    Um, GELATO, french fries, any type of bready pastry. Ugh.
  • brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Bread at the dinner table. I know eating bread isn't a bad thing, but I have a hard time keeping it to one serving.
  • Shesaid_destroy
    Options
    Cheese... And chocolate! If i start eating chocolate, it's over! I have to eat the whole thing. I get totally compulsive because it is soooo guuud ! ;-)
  • lavaughan69
    lavaughan69 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    definitely french fries, or anything breaded and fried. Sweets and carbs are not really my thing. I've already decided that life isn't worth living if I can't have these things once and awhile so I just plan well so I can indulge once and awhile. The kids laugh at me when I make the 5 min. McCains oven fries and I meticulously count out my portion so I can account for it. :-)
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    wine and cheese
    any booze.
    not really food tho.
  • Atldale
    Atldale Posts: 1
    Options
    Chick-Fil-A Chicken Biscuits with cheese for me. I indulge a couple of Saturdays a month.
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Ben and Jerry's Chunky Monkey :love: :love: :love: :love:

Can easily eat the whole pint in one sitting.
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    What are yours? The foods that you can't just eat a correct portion size of even if you try really hard?

Mine are a fresh, hot loaf of bread....pasta.....potato chips....and French fries (the burger that come with is good too :).....obviously BAD carbs!

Is it better just to abstain from foods that you lose willpower around, even though its necessary to treat yourself sometimes? Opinions?

Oy. A carb is a carb. Your carbs aren't bad unless they are bullying the other carbs or something.

7396232.png
  • susanr613
    susanr613 Posts: 22
    Options
    Chips and chocolate, especially after a glass of wine.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Ice cream. If I want ice cream or gelato, I'll go out for a dish ... Keeping it around the house is too dangerous for me,
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    I just did this today .. 2 chocolate covered coffee beans
    bumped me up 43 calories. They were good though! :p
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    For me, it works better staying away from foods that control me ....... like anything sweet, salty, crispy, or fried :laugh:
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Definitely the vino.