I know beer isn't on my diet..BUT.....

Options

Replies

• 65svtfastback
    65svtfastback Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I am Scottish so I would say drink whisky!!!

My favorite right behind beer!!!
  • amraf1024
    amraf1024 Posts: 74
    Options
    Drink whatever you want, just make sure it fits your calories for the day.

^agree
  • knityoupants
    knityoupants Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    i drink what i want to, and let it reflect on my charted outcome. usually im fine.

This.

Look into my diary- most of my crazy high calorie days have been the result of getting drunk on stout beer, which is extremely fun and tasty. But, alas, it got me where I am today :( I'm starting to choose wine and whiskey more, thanks to MFP. I will never, ever drink crappy beer for the sake of fitting my calories.

And, yes, the food that goes along with drinking is a killer too! Good luck!
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    RUM!

That being said, the rum is usually gone at my house (big surprise there) so this weekend when I wanted it I had some ale, fit it in my calories and it seems to have worked out.
  • samanthahix12
    Options
    Lately, I've been drinking Straw-Ber-Ritas and they're delicious. They're 220 calories a can but they're packed with flavor and alcohol. Pour it over ice and relax. Mmmmm.
  • MsEndomorph
    MsEndomorph Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Why isn't it in your diet? Wine is sure as heck in mine! I just make sure it fits into my calories and reconcile myself with the fact that I'll feel like a bloated cow the next day and I'm good to go.

Not sure about low cal beers since I'm not a huge fan. When I do drink it, it's Dos Equis. Because I'm the most interesting dieter in the world.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Go for the gold.

Have a Mickeys. Yum! :drinker:
  • Mellzicious
    Options
    My go-to is Michelob Ultra. I like Yuengling Light too, but I don't know of a bar that carries it.

I'll drink Coors Light or PBR if it's on special for $3 or less.
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Kaliber is the Guinness non alcoholic but is often hard to find. It's worth drinking over regular alcoholic beers any day. Actually, if beer isn't made by Guinness, it's hard to call it beer. but there's no accounting for taste.
  • blytheandbonnie
    blytheandbonnie Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Guinness. 125 calories in 12 ounces. Good beer, too. :drinker:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    beer makes you fat and stupid. Your choice, any beer is to much beer

Capital B, it's 'too' and you need a full stop. ;)
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    There are actually MANY beers already on this website. Factor them into your intake and enjoy! Mind you the alcohol in beer comes from fermented sugars. There is always a residual amount of sugar left in the beer hence the higher the alcohol the more calories. Personally I'd just save them for my cheat day and all bets are off, some of it may not stay down anyway. :laugh:

This :P
  • dawnmcgee
    dawnmcgee Posts: 26
    Options
    I drink only on Friday evenings and have as many as I want ,Coors Lite is my preference.I just try to make sure I keep my food calories low that day and do one hell of a workout on Friday and Saturday mornings to bun it off( and lots of lemon water to flush the following day).
  • mains_adam25
    mains_adam25 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I ♥ Bud Light
    YES
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I ♥ Bud Light

Same! its always in my diet. I'm off all summer and live < 5 miles from beach :glasses:
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    My hubby homebrews...I have developed an aversion to anything other than craft beers (which do have some actual nutritional benefits). I have 3 or 4 a week sometimes. . .especially in the hot weather we're having. Cold brew on a hot night. Ahhhhh.. . .I don't drink to excess so 1 or possibly 2 beers won't wreck my eating strategy!!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I make sure to only have beers on days I workout; high carb days. And I'll only have the best, most thickest ales. FAWK that watery shish.
  • smonardes09
    Options
    i like micheulub ultra. only 95 calories and still pretty good... i tried becks lite beer... its only 65 calories... its not bad but i like micheulub unlta better
  • Cassierocksalot
    Cassierocksalot Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere the Guinness is the lowest calorie full flavor beer which is fine by me! I also found an Oatmeal Stout at my local market that's 150 cals for the whole 20 oz bottle. I pour about half of a bottle in a pint glass (almost full) and enjoy it. It's usually enough for me and I enjoy the other half the next night.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Pick a really amazing craft beer that packs a massive flavour punch. They may be a bit higher in calories but you can savour and enjoy it and thy tend not to go down as quickly as mass produced beers that have a flavour resembling water. If you are in the US you are probably spoiled for choice of micros.

Side note: if you pick a dry white wine it won't have much sugar.