Best blender for smoothies?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    What does Jamba Juice use? Pretty much every store that makes smoothies uses either a Vitamix or a Blendtec. Both are equal in quality, as far as I can tell; the only major difference is the shape of the jar and buttons verses a dial. I have a Vitamix. It can blend nuts into my smoothies (protein & healthy fat boost) so fine that I can't tell they are there.

I had a Ninja once. I gave it away to a couple who didn't have a blender as soon as I got the Vitamix. I will never recommend a Ninja again!
  • Laurarodie
    Laurarodie Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've had my vita- mix for a couple of years now,LOVE it!!!!Well worth the money.Maybe you can watch qvc,when they have them on there you can usually get easy pay,so that might be a little easier on the pocketbook?
  • ShaneMac4u
    ShaneMac4u Posts: 15
    Options
    I was given an Oster 10 speed for Christmas. I have only used it for whey protein + bannana smoothies and does the job for that.

Considering that a Vitamix can run over $500 I think it depends on what you plan to blend and how often you will use it.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :drinker: bump
  • SewBethy
    SewBethy Posts: 16
    Options
    Even though I have a couple of blenders that work just fine, I keep reaching for my immersion blender. I keep it plugged in and on a nearby pot hook. I only have the stick part to remove and rinse. Like the immersion post above, it's the convenience and ease of cleaning that make it my go-to blender. If you have access to crushed ice from your 'fridge, that makes things super easy too.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I did the Ninja, and it always left chucnks no matter whta I tried. Returned it and bought a Blendtec. Love it.

That said, you can probably get some cheaper ones that do a decent job too.
  • JTutz
    JTutz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I love my Nutribullet. I was hesitant at first - it seemed a little gimmicky but it actually is pretty great. Does exactly what it's supposed to.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :wink: If an Avocado is a Fruit, is Guacamole a Smoothie?

Loved my NutriBullet years ago, but never made a smoothie with it (I used it to make pureed food for an Elderly client with one tooth)

Now I have a 14 Speed Oster and so far it is doing Great with Frozen Fruit and Veggie Smoothies.
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I just purchased a ninja pro. I plan to make high protein ice cream with it :bigsmile:
  • allall1
    allall1 Posts: 6
    Options
    I love my Vita-Mix and use it daily. I think it is worth every penny that I payed.
  • jerzypeach
    jerzypeach Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    hands down, no question......vitamix. I use mine 2-3 times per day. Absolutely love it.
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    The ninja may work well out of the box but I have been using a vitamix 3 times a day or more giving it a heavy duty workout and it has not failed once in over 35 years. I bought a second one and gave my niece my old one. My second one is going strong after 20 years old. Now time to buy new ones for my daughters as they move out of the house. These things are in every Starbucks and juice shop for a reason. Even with so many being sold there is a reason why they just have ONE PERSON who handles returns and customer complaints - it's because NO returns a vitamix unless it was damaged in shipping.
  • 76hellokitty
    Options
    I bought a Cuisinart blender, that came with four cups with lids to drink from. It works VERY well, and if I remember correctly, it cost about $50 at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. I really LOVE it!
    Kaye

I too have the Cuisinart version of the 'magic bullet' and LOVE it! I make my morning smoothie, a green smoothie for lunch and even use it to make a fruit sorbet like desert smoothie. Easy to use and very easy to clean up! I also have the Cuisinart stick blender and it worked well for me prior to getting this.
  • stevelowery148
    Options
    Definitely go with a Blendtec or Vitamix. I had a Ninja in the past too and it sucked. It worked nothing like the way it's advertised on TV. Here is a good writeup I just found which gives more info on the best blender for smoothies and it also recommends either the Vitamix or Blendtec. Check it out: http://www.charlottesvineyard.com/best-blender-for-fruit-and-green-smoothies/
  • steph_1963
    Options
    i have the hamilton beach personal blender:

http://www.bestblenderforsmoothiesguide.com/reviews/hamilton-beach-personal-blender-review/

its now awesome but if you only make smoothies or drinks once in a while its enough.
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I have an Oster that works well. I want a Ninja, but I'm cheap.
  • justme010101
    Options
    I love my vitamix so much I have 2 one is a back up in case I have to sent one in for repair
  • xoxasma
    xoxasma Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Honestly the Vitamix is worth every penny