Plastic Surgery

Options
13»

Replies

• alyngard
    alyngard Posts: 103
    Options
    My opinion....if it makes you happy, DO IT! But do your research and consult with several different surgeons. I had breast implants (as well as a more "intimate" surgery), the breast implants were a bit of a disappointment and it all cost so much I don't have the money to get them fixed. I wish I hadn't been so impulsive when I had gotten it done. And I do agree with a previous poster about the fact that it being your face, if it doesn't come out well, can have devastating results (Meg Ryan anyone?). But as I said, if you research and find a very qualified Board Certified Plastic surgeon that specializes in that type of operation, you should be fine . Good luck!!
  • mustang289
    mustang289 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I just wonder if I would be happier or would always find a fault in it. I guess my fear would be dropping 8 grand and not loving the result

You are wise to think of this, and you are most likely correct. Your new nose will have a tough time living up to your expectations of what it will look like, even if everyone tells you how great it turned out. And if you don't accept their opinions now, why would you trust their opinions after surgery?
  • lowpro1983
    lowpro1983 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I think you are beautiful!!!!!!!!!

It's also not my decision! I joke about getting plastic surgery every once in awhile, but in all honesty, I don't think I'd ever do it. To each their own.

You were perfectly made - believe it! Good luck!
  • dennik15
    dennik15 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I, too, think your nose is beautiful just the way it is. I have a girlfriend who always wanted a nose job, hers is much more prominent than yours. She never had it done and is so thankful that she didn't. Her nose came from her mom (who passed away from breast cancer at a very young age) and she has now passed that on to her daughter. It is a way for her to physically identify with her mom and daughter.

That being said, ultimately it's your decision. Perhaps you should think of a future daughter (if that is in your life plans) and whether you would want her to change that feature before you make the final decision.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I think you're beautiful. I hated my nose too, but I'm 36 now and grew to accept it :)
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Do what makes you happy, but I think you look beautiful the way you are

^^ This.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that whenever a person expresses a wish to change their look, most people they bring it up to give the "you're wonderful the way you are! don't change anything!" response.

Which is all well and good except

we live in a culture that defines people, and most ESPECIALLY women, according to how they look. For women, appearance can make or break job prospects, relationships, friendships, even customer service and treatment by courts and law enforcement. Sure, the "love yourself just how you are" mantra sounds nice in theory, but the world will love you more if you have a more generic "attractive" look. Many of us are on this site with that very desire, even if we claim it's for our "health".

Are there a lot of people who would rather be "unique", stick with unflattering features, and never consider plastic surgery? Of course! Are there a lot of people whose features are attractive enough that they don't have to worry about how the rest of the world perceives them, so they don't understand the desire for surgery? You bet.

You're lucky enough that you're very pretty, despite not having a nose that society deems "attractive". You rock that nose! However, if that nose doesn't fit with how you perceive yourself and how you'd like others to perceive you, then change it. We have the technology!
    My whole life has been shadowed by my unattractive face. I've been turned down for jobs, type cast as a villain in theatre and local movie productions, my few relationships have been with psychopaths because they're all that would take me, people treat me like dirt at first meetings, write me off. I have attractive friends and their lives are very different. Doors are opened for them that are locked tight for me. I would sacrifice so many things for the ability to change this face, but my plastic surgery savings generally gets wiped out by emergency needs. Luckily, there are never any shortages of roles for "scary witch" or "evil ex girlfriend" floating around.

Plastic surgery would change my life. So much want.
  • mrsleonard12
    mrsleonard12 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    let's us see the contouring!
  • BrittanyAnnL
    BrittanyAnnL Posts: 140
    Options
    Remember the chick in "Dirty Dancing" and how cute she was? Remember her in anything after that? NOPE. Because she got a nose job and then was just... blah.

You are beautiful. I also suffer from not having a cute little button nose.. but guess what? I am still hot, and so are you. No reason to be cookie cutter! It's possible to be different and still attractive. You can change how you look but will that really make you happy? Just my opinion but I think plastic surgery is for the weak. :)
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I checked out these 3 photos, and some on your profile. I don't think you have a big nose, I wouldn't have noticed it.

Facial features can look good at certain angles, and not so good at other angles. Sometimes we get caught up on this, I find a high angle straight-on photo makes my nose look bigger than normal. While photos can sometimes heighten a feature, in person little things like this are barely noticeable. Think about it, do you ever hold perfectly still without moving while someone studies your face? Not really.

I used to have issues with my nose but when I was playing around with a photo, I realized my face suited my nose. When my nose was narrower, it made my face look wider. So sometimes certain features are meant to match up. You seem like you have big eyes & big lips so maybe a narrow nose wouldn't compliment it.

Plastic surgery is not magic. They make mistakes. They don't live up to promises. You're risking an "after nose" that could be asymmetrical, scarred, have a dent or lose sensation. So just know that your original nose mighr be better than something a surgeon could give you. You may want to look up botched nose jobs by real people online.

If you completely hate your nose and feel like it will always bother you even if everyone says it's no big deal, then go for it. It's your body. People here hate & change their bodies all the time, I don't see why one couldn't change a nose if it truly made them unhappy & they could not get past it.
  • missdibs1
    missdibs1 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Do whatever you want, it's your money. I was talked out of plastic surgery when I was young and when I finally got it I was so happy. I'm noticing you said you were thinking about it for years so if it's important to you, that's what matters. Just if I were you I'd include your husband in the WHOLE process because you are likely to look quite different and it freaked one of my kids out one day when I went to the salon a brunette and came back as a blonde. So when they are showing you video or photography of how you will look with the new nose make sure he gets to be a part of that to really prepare himself for the changes. That's my advice. If you chose not to do it, he already loves you. You are in a can't lose situation, so just do what you want.

This