What is your weakest lift??

FrnkLft
FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
Naturally you're more likely to Squat more than you Bench, and Deadlift more than you Squat, but overall, what do you consider to be your weakest lift?

In my case it's got to be the Overhead Press. My current 5RM is 125lbs w/ barbell, and progress is a bear.

Replies

• Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    OHP is a nasty, dirty b!tch :grumble:
  • kirstyg1980
    kirstyg1980 Posts: 302

I'm with you on that one lol
  • jaycbadass
    jaycbadass Posts: 325
    Lat pull downs, im just not ergonomicaly built
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Well I'm around "novice" on bench press and DL but close to "intermediate" on OHP and squat based on this

http://www.strstd.com/

I think I'm weaker on DL because my hip bursitis sets me back on that one more so than on squatting (I've had to take the past 2 weeks off DLs but squats have been fine, for example) and I'm weaker on BP because I started it quite a bit later. Over head pressing and squatting are also the lifts that I always look forward to doing the most :love: But, yea, it takes me forever to move up on weight on OHP too.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Yeah, strict OHP makes me so mad. I feel pretty good about myself on everything else, and then I feel like a little b!tch when it comes to those. I'm not so great at snatches either (it's just an awkward motion for me), but I'm getting better.
  • kiykiy79
    kiykiy79 Posts: 177
    Def would be OHP... Very little progression in the last 9 weeks.
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    I struggle with anything that isolates the shoulders. Very stubborn muscles for me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Definitely OHP...no question.
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Definitely over head press. I failed with the bar my first time. LOL I think I only did 5/4/3/3/4 or something. It was bad. :embarassed:
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    OHP by a mile. I hate that lift so much.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    well since i tore my tricep and tendon off my left arm i'd have to say any lift requiring 2 hands!!!!!! lol...... had major surgery, my cast comes off in only 2 more hrs!!!!!!!!! :smile: :wink: :glasses:
  • soysauce6626
    soysauce6626 Posts: 118 Member
    My squat for sure. It's a work in progress
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,582 Member
    OHP is my weakest.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Anything to do with my hamstrings. I keep pulling them. Then they have to recover, and don't exercise em again for a bit and back to square one.
  • miss_jessiejane
    miss_jessiejane Posts: 2,820 Member

QFT. I hate it. I haven't been able to increase mine in like two months. I'm stuck, and I hate it!!
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Definitely over head press. I failed with the bar my first time. LOL I think I only did 5/4/3/3/4 or something. It was bad. :embarassed:

Hey I started with 25 lbs and couldn't complete 5x5! :smile:
  • Z_I_L_L_A
    Z_I_L_L_A Posts: 2,399 Member
    OHS! My mobility won't allow too much.
  • kmrichardson1
    kmrichardson1 Posts: 41 Member
    OHP is my lowest weight (70lbs) but I feel good doing them. I'm benching 90lbs but it ALWAYS feels really, really hard. So I'll say that bench is my weakest lift.
  • KiltFuPanda
    KiltFuPanda Posts: 576 Member
    Bench press - 600+ squat, but just broke 270 on bench. Too much work on throwing, not enough lifting.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    I bench more than I overhead press, but my bench is weaker.