How do YOU stop late night cravings?

Options
Okay, in the summer this is my number one problem. I ate way over my calorie goal today because I have to add all my night eating from last night,to today. I want to know how you all deal with it. Maybe even how you don't get so hungry at night anyways.

Replies

• eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I go to bed early, seriously. Having too many hours awake after dinner, makes for cravings in my world.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I plan my day better....I know I like to eat later in the evening...I plan for it and have calories allotted to that kind of thing.
  • cpharmon
    cpharmon Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Be purposeful in spreading out your calories throughout the day incorporating filling foods. Like last night I knew how much roast, potatoes, carrots & onions I could have so that I could also have some popcorn cooked in coconut oil as my late night snack. And eating until I'm not hungry rather than when I'm full has helped me tremenously!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    i eat a late night snack. abra cadabra. craving gone!
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I don't eat breakfast. Or I should say, my breakfast is at lunch time, my lunch closer to dinner, and my dinner later in the evening. Timing is everything for me. I'm not hungry first thing in the morning, but I am at night, so I just do what works best for my body.
  • jessizona80
    jessizona80 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I am SUCH a night eatter. It used to be just a bing/habbit thing for me, but I have been able to overcome that for the most part. I had to make sure there wasn't anything (at all) in the house worth getting up to eat (like any pastry, sweets or even cereal) and remind myself before bed that there wasn't anything good to eat so don't bother! LOL! Lately, it's more about waking up hungry in the middle of the night! Some days, I'm totally satisfied when I go to bed, but will wake up later from hunger. I try to eat a slice of wheat bread with 1-2 tbls of peanutbutter on it before bed. That seems to help a lot and normally fits well within my daily goal. Another approach has been to have something I don't really like, but can get up and eat a handful of and be satisfied enough to fall back asleep. Something like blueberry mini wheats. 3 or 4 at the most and I'm like back to zzzz land. I hope you can find something to help you. I know how much it stinks to wake up and be 200 calories into your daily goal!
  • Showcase_Brodown
    Showcase_Brodown Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    if you usually get hungry late at night, you can switch your eating schedule or allow for more calories later in the day. What works for me is not eating breakfast.
  • Scott3600
    Scott3600 Posts: 14
    Options
    I occupy my self in other ways, and if I really need to eat I go for something really low calorie.
    Also you need to ask yourself what is more important to me... eating some food right now or losing weight.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I save most my calories for evening.
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is important. I eat most of my calories then. Lunch is light, tuna and crackers, dinner is light, chicken and veggies and then before about 9:30 I have a bowl of bran flakes and milk. Then I sleep all through the night. I've tried cutting out the bowl of cereal, but I wake up three to four hours after I fall asleep and can't get back to sleep.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I eat every couple of hours. When I get home from the gym, I have a protein shake consisting of 2 scoops of protein powder and 2 cups of silk unsweetened almond milk. It's so yum and keeps me full until bed time.
  • ashleybohman
    ashleybohman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I also save 200 - 300 calories for after dinner. But I've also found that drinking plenty of water during the day keeps me from binging before bed.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Eat more during the day, have a glass of water, or go to bed.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Drink water. It will fill your stomach and you won't feel the urge to eat.
    I also chew gum. Some people say it makes them hungry but it helps me a lot.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Save most of my calories for the evening. If that doesnt cut it then popcorn.
  • angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I can't go to bed hungry, so I save some calories for a bowl of cereal or couple of slices of toast for supper.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    I eat when I'm hungry. If I'm randomly hungry late at night, I eat, and don't worry about going over. If it's happening regularly, I plan my day better so that I have calories to spare for late night snacking. Many times it's not true hunger and just boredom, so when I recognize that happening, I just go to bed.
  • _useyourwords_
    Options
    I save up some calories so I can have an after dinner snack. If I'm already at or over my caloric goal for the day, I have a glass of water and try to go to bed a bit earlier than normal. It almost always works...except on those few days before my period. Then I'll go over my calorie goal but try not to eat anything with too many calories.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    I plan my day better....I know I like to eat later in the evening...I plan for it and have calories allotted to that kind of thing.

this.

i dont do breakfast.
    i have a sensible lunch.

when i got home from the gym last night, i had ~1600 cals to house before bed.

it was glorious.
  • Nightterror218
    Nightterror218 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    isn't Taco Bell for the late night munchies?