I am always cold now!

Options
Ok I am 30lbs down now and I am freezing all the time. Does/did anyone else have this problem while losing weight?

P.S. so did not know where to post this!! :P

Replies

• ilenem
    Options
    Yes I often have that problem. Have to put on extra layers.
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    Yes :laugh: I have had that problem!
  • sim247
    sim247 Posts: 354
    Options
    I am always cold these days too :huh:
  • bellanean
    Options
    I have that problem! I am always fighting with coworkers to put the air up higher! im freezing!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I am forever cold, and it really gets frustrating when everyone always tells me maybe if I gained a few pounds then I wouldn't be so cold....ummm...how about if you lost a few you wouldn't be so hot! Bring a fan!
  • Sevenm
    Options
    Yes, but it's a good problem to have and you'll adjust.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Haha - the only time I've ever been 'warm' is when I was pregnant. Even when I lived in Phoenix I was cold.

I like to bundle up though so its not too bad for me. It is bad when my nose and hands are too cold to leave out at work though.
  • rachel5576
    rachel5576 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    That might mean your body is getting rid of toxins..have you been drinking more water or eating healthier lately? that happens to me when i do a juice fast or go raw for the first few days. i get chills so bad but thats just my body getting rid of toxins or withdrawal from caffeine or other junk our bodies do not need.
  • aquavitae30
    Options
    Yes, totally, I had a jacket and a blanket on me at work yesterday, cause I was so cold! :)
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm always cold all of the time and always have been. I know people think I'm nuts dragging around a jacket when it's 100 degrees, but nothing is worse than going inside and freezing to death.
  • krizrose
    Options
    Maybe you've lost your insulating layer of fat!!! :-D
  • JustBeckyV
    Options
    I feel your pain times infinity! I get so cold all the time and the guys at work think I am nuts. I have to go out into the heat to get warm enough lol
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    I'm the same way, but I love it. I love cold weather when I get to wear jackets and sweaters, so it's awesome in my opinion!
  • trickyfoxster710
    trickyfoxster710 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have been at this healthier life style for a lil over 2 months. My water intake has always been high but I have increased my raw veggie intake and natural juices
  • stringcheeze
    Options

This! Fat is the great insulator (hence why seals and walruses do so well with all that blubber). But on the upside, you are burning more calories by shivering. :)
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    I feel you. Since I've lost 15 lbs, I have found myself cold at places where I used to not feel cold. :(
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I am always cold these days. My aunt told me it happens when you lose alot of weight. If thats the price I have to pay, so be it..lol
  • Ready4Changes
    Options
    yes. I am always cold as well. I wear a sweatshirt almost all the time and it doesnt help my hubby keeps air on 65 all the time due to his sinus problems
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options

This! Fat is the great insulator (hence why seals and walruses do so well with all that blubber). But on the upside, you are burning more calories by shivering. :)

Lol Love this one!
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I haven't necessarily been cold (I guess I'm not down to that point yet) yet, but I have noticed that some chairs that used to be ok to sit in are now uncomfortable. I feel all the extra ridges and stuff now!