weirdest thing you've found in your food

Options
Grimmerick
Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
I always wonder some of the things I have eaten over the years eating at fast food joints and restaurants. I also use it as motivation to stay away from eating out too often. What's the weirdest or grossest thing you or a friend have found in your food.

My husband was eating mashed potatoes at Chili's once and bit down on a pretty decent sized pebble, needless to say he is mashed potato shy now.

So what about you....

Replies

• lcvaughn520
    lcvaughn520 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    My dad once found a nail in a sandwich!! Luckily it was laying horizontally and not vertically...
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    i found a guinea pig in my food once.

granted, the food cooked WAS guinea pig....i didn't know it at the time. it was rather delicious.
  • sjsosu
    sjsosu Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    My mother-in-law found a rubber glove in her salad at a national chain steakhouse
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I once had a piece of caramel candy, individually wrapped, and bit down on... a tooth crown. Bigger than any of my teeth, and not one of mine, mine were all intact. Grossest thing ever....
  • battyg13
    battyg13 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    i found a dead caterpillar in a blt sandwich, never been able to eat one since.

could have been worse. could have found half a caterpillar.

Still makes me shiver to this day
  • sjsosu
    sjsosu Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Had a beetle in my frozen blueberries. Found it on the crunch unfortunately. That was the last bag of frozen blueberries ever.
  • pchesnut
    pchesnut Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I worked at a Chinese restaurant once and after one of the wait staff had delivered a salad to a table they were called back over by the customer. The customer had taken one bite of the salad and had found a dead cockroach in the bowl. Yeah I didn't continue to work there after that.
  • hm9589
    hm9589 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    wow these are horrifying the worst I ever found was a long dirty hair in a meal I bought from the supermarket. got £20 as compensation
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I found a grasshopper head in a package of frozen spinach. Bleh...
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    At a restaurant I went to they forgot to peel the plastic off of the cheese before they made my omelette, it was gross. I ate melted plastic, towards the end there was some plastic that didn't melt...SO GROSS.
  • ssweet169
    ssweet169 Posts: 10
    Options
    I found a bee in my Sunkist can after I opened it and immediately took a drink. The bee had sugary residue all over it so I know it had been in there for a minute. Sunkist gave me a coupon for a free 12 pack.
  • pumpkinspice84
    pumpkinspice84 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I found live spider crawling across my tortellini's. The server was just sat the food down when I said omg there is a spider! She took it back and gave me another spider free plus the whole table got free ice cream on the house. I am sure they just brushed the spider off, but oh well.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I once had a piece of caramel candy, individually wrapped, and bit down on... a tooth crown. Bigger than any of my teeth, and not one of mine, mine were all intact. Grossest thing ever....

Geez how is that even possible, it had to be on purpose.
  • NYgirl1990
    NYgirl1990 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Kinda long black hair in my dunkin donuts bagel *gag* and a tiny bug in my ramen soup dead.
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    About two decades ago a relative found a 2' piece of duct tape in a container of Breyer's vanilla ice cream.
    He never touched the brand again.
  • ksimmons19
    ksimmons19 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I had a rubber band in my popcorn at the movies one time, I was wondering why the popcorn wasn't breaking down when i chewed on it and it was so rubbery! I almost threw up in the middle of Alice and Wonderland (J depp version). I also found a staple in my food when I was at an all inclusive resort in Mexico....chewing on metal is NOT fun. A roach crawled across my plate at a mexican restaurant one time. I have bad luck with these things.
  • ForumLurker
    Options
    Found a small chunk of what looked like sheet metal in a bag of M&M's. I emailed the customer service about it and they sent me a package to mail it to them and in return, I got coupons for 5 free Mars chocolate products.

I still eat M&M's on occasion, it didn't turn me off to eating their products.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Mouse poop in my coke. Plastic on my cheese. Bumble bee in my salad.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    GLUTEN AND CHEMICALS

Just kidding. I got a metal spring in rice once at red lobster.
  • Bel0602
    Bel0602 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    A dried up fly :(
    I found it in my hot chocolate