Jenny McCarthy on 'The View'

Options
12345679»

Replies

• HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Oh but she doesnt say bad things of the shots she gets every month on her forehead!!!
    I was stunned when she said she gets botox monthly, thought it lasted longer :noway:

I like the talk better, they are so funny.
  • srslybritt
    srslybritt Posts: 1,618 Member
    Options
    Not gonna say again after this that I'm NOT threatened by her, nor do I take her advice as gospel. If people can't look back a couple of pages to see that, they can think I'm the biggest, dumbest git ever, and I'm okay with that.

Thanks for all your responses, guys. This was a lively, mostly intelligent discussion with lots of really valid information passed around. :flowerforyou:

*edit for grammar
  • srslybritt
    Options
    Oh but she doesnt say bad things of the shots she gets every month on her forehead!!!
    I was stunned when she said she gets botox monthly, thought it lasted longer :noway:

I like the talk better, they are so funny.
    The Talk has Sara Gilbert.
    Therefore, The Talk wins every time.
    /thread.

EDIT: The Talk wins over The View*** Yes, in comparison.
  • ittyXbittyXbritty
    Options
    I'm obviously not a parent, but it doesn't take a parent to see she's a COMPLETE moron.
  • history_grrrl
    history_grrrl Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I wonder why the Trayvon Martin thread got shut down but this one is still going . . .
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    My point was more that I think it's dangerous to give her a soap box... I understand adjusting immunization schedules/picking certain ones you don't want administered. But her "blaming" her child's autism on vaccines is silly, and her preaching it to the world is dangerous. Next thing you know, polio and smallpox are back in style.

Do some research. First, is not the vaccine but the mercury in the vaccines

It's not just silly, there's many studies about it, People saying is silly is like people saying there's no global warming. There is a clear conection between vaccines and autism.

I'm not saying kids shouldn't be immunized because thats important, but mercury is awful and vaccines are full of it. Goverments should stop using mercury (thimerosal) in their vaccines and that's it.
  • srslybritt
    Options
    My point was more that I think it's dangerous to give her a soap box... I understand adjusting immunization schedules/picking certain ones you don't want administered. But her "blaming" her child's autism on vaccines is silly, and her preaching it to the world is dangerous. Next thing you know, polio and smallpox are back in style.

It's not just silly, there's many studies about it, People saying is silly is like people saying there's no global warming. There is a clear conection between vaccines and autism.

I'm not saying kids shouldn't be immunized because thats important, but mercury is awful and vaccines are full of it. Goverments should stop using mercury (thimerosal) in their vaccines and that's it.

1. Have done my research.

2. I never said vaccination CAN'T harm you, I said that I UNDERSTAND being selective, but fully discrediting all vaccines is "silly," and not at all an intelligent choice. In other words, I suggested research.

3. Your comment came across as a little over-aggressive. If you didn't intend it that way, please know I don't either.
  • srslybritt
    Options
    It's probably still going because nobody saw fit to report it? Couldn't tell you honestly, because as the responses started pouring in, I went "uh ohhhhhh."

But here we are! :drinker:
  • camila_scl
    camila_scl Posts: 238 Member
    Options

1. Have done my research.

2. I never said vaccination CAN'T harm you, I said that I UNDERSTAND being selective, but fully discrediting all vaccines is "silly," and not at all an intelligent choice. In other words, I suggested research.

3. Your comment came across as a little over-aggressive. If you didn't intend it that way, please know I don't either.

1. that's important
    2. I agree, not all vaccines have the same dangers as vaccines with mercury (of course all things have side-effects, but vaccines with mercury tend to be more "dangerous" than normal ones). I think vaccines are a personal parent decision. I do not have kids, I will def immunized them but I will probably have to pay lots of money to get free thimerosal vaccines.
    3. Not my intention at all, english is a second language for me so it may be that

Advocating against vaccines on TV is dangerous but I do agree when people advocate for people to research and make an inform decision.

Personally, I do think there's something there and not only with autism. A mixture of mercury in some vaccines/GM food/Pollution/etc is defenetley making children and adults sick, triggering immune diseases, cancer, etc.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    My point was more that I think it's dangerous to give her a soap box... I understand adjusting immunization schedules/picking certain ones you don't want administered. But her "blaming" her child's autism on vaccines is silly, and her preaching it to the It's not just silly, there's many studies about it, People saying is silly is like people saying there's no global warming. There is a clear conection between vaccines and autism.

Citation needed.
  • srslybritt
    Options

1. that's important
    2. I agree, not all vaccines have the same dangers as vaccines with mercury (of course all things have side-effects, but vaccines with mercury tend to be more "dangerous" than normal ones). I think vaccines are a personal parent decision. I do not have kids, I will def immunized them but I will probably have to pay lots of money to get free thimerosal vaccines.
    3. Not my intention at all, english is a second language for me so it may be that

Advocating against vaccines on TV is dangerous but I do agree when people advocate for people to research and make an inform decision.

Personally, I do think there's something there and not only with autism. A mixture of mercury in some vaccines/GM food/Pollution/etc is defenetley making children and adults sick, triggering immune diseases, cancer, etc.
    :flowerforyou:

Yay for respectful discussion.
  • JennyLisT
    JennyLisT Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    My opinion on vaccines nothwithstanding... if ANY parent decides to vaccinate or not based solely on Jenny McCarthy then they deserve a child who gets polio, or autism... depending.

This has got to be the worst kind of response to...anything really. Wow. :noway:
  • lj8576
    lj8576 Posts: 156
    Options
    Yea she should go to msnbc with all those wingnuts
  • lj8576
    lj8576 Posts: 156
    Options
    She's better than the crazy survivor girl that went to Republican crazy news!

Yea she should go to msnbc with all those wingnuts
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    This woman claims her son became autistic from vaccinations, then claims he pooped out his autism and is okay now. No one should take her seriously, nor give her an audience to spread her bull-plopper agenda.
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    The View is a terrible show no matter who is or isn't on it.
This discussion has been closed.