What is your favorite breakfast?

Options

Replies

• astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    1 cup of egg whites
    scrambled with either a few sauted sliced radishes, onions and some peas with a bit of cheese
    or scrambled with onions and a bit of cheese. I like toast with this option but am low carbing it so no can haz.

I actually don't like food first thing either but my doctor said that a boost of protein first thing helps to jump start your metabolism.
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Pizza
  • mckshowie
    mckshowie Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I am not normally hungry in the morning, but I do feel the need to eat a meal to get some fuel into my body. So I am looking for some ideas. What is your favorite healthy breakfast?

lately? a flax seed mug muffin. get most of my fiber in for the day, so anything additional is just a bonus!

1/4 cup ground flax seed
    1 egg
    1/2 tsp of baking powder
    1 tsp oil (i use pumpkin)

The other ingredients are up to you - sweet or savory. this morning i used the above four ingredients plus vanilla nut extract, sweetner and peanut butter. yesterday i added chocolate chips, cinnamon and sweetner... last night i added italian seasoning, garlic and salt and made a roll for my dinner.

you just mix it all up in a mug, microwave for one minute... done.
  • AnaCoffee
    AnaCoffee Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I have my morning coffee (1 tsp instant coffee, 1 1/2 tbls instant cappuccino mix, 1/8th cup milk) and sometimes a banana. (Anything more in my system before working out makes my stomach hurt.)

Then I do my hour+ of exercise and drink 1-2 ltrs of water during.

Then I'll eat breakfast. Usually it's 1/2 cup Kashi Indigo morning cereal with 1/2 cup of milk (organic cow or Almond Breeze coconut-almond.) Sometimes I'll have 1/2 cup of 365 (Whole Foods) organic raisin bran, 1 sliced banana, and 1/2 cup milk. This is what I also eat before UU church on Sundays so I avoid the muffins and bagels they have during coffee time.

I'm not a heavy breakfast eater. I just can't eat a big breakfast unless my family's on a road trip and I know it'll be a long time before we eat again.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I take a tub of plain greek yogurt (16 oz.) and mix in a packet of cheesecake-flavored jello pudding mix. I usually have about 4-5 oz. for breakfast each day. It's like eating cheesecake-flavored frosting for breakfast.
  • JessicaMaeD
    Options
    Every week I make a half a batch of these flourless banana muffins: http://www.greensnchocolate.com/2013/02/flourless-banana-muffins.html

They are soo delicious! I normally add craisins for a little added sweetness. About 175 calories a muffin and the little bit of protein helps keep me full.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Depends on how much time I have.

Late for work: Whole wheat bagel thin + 1-2 tblsp reduced fat cream cheese

Five minutes to make and eat: Kashi Heart to Heart (preferably the cinnamon kind) with skim milk - 3/4 c. of each

15+ minutes to make and eat: 2 eggs + 1 piece of Nature's Own Whole Wheat toast OR 1 egg + laughing cow reduced fat cheese wedge / kraft skim milk american cheese slice + 100 calorie tortilla and maybe some Tabasco or salsa.

Probably wouldn't work for a lot of people because each comes in at 200 calories, but I'm not usually very hungry in the morning and I like to stick to 200 calories for breakfast so I have flexibility later.
  • dwh77tx
    dwh77tx Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I have a shakeology shake and a cup of scrambled egg whites. YUMMMMM
  • NSP310
    NSP310 Posts: 9
    Options
    I like to start every day with a smoothie for breakfast. It's super easy, only takes about 5 minutes and you can take it with you on the way to work if you're really in a rush.

I"ll throw the following into a blender and it fills me up:

Green smoothie - raw spinach, strawberries (or any other berries you like), almond milk, ground flax seed (or chia seeds) and that's it! You can add protein mix if you want but the flax seed and chia seeds have protein in them

chocolate breakfast smoothie - 1/2 banana, natural chunky peanut butter (or PB2), almond milk, chocolate protein powder. this one tastes like a chocolate banana shake and will really fill you up. if you want to cut back on calories PB2 is a peanut butter substitute that only has 45 calories.
  • simplythebaz
    simplythebaz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    3 Weetabix infused with Golden Syrup biscuits plus semi-skimmed milk
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast(before I cut out grains) was 1 piece of toast with peanut butter, and 1 piece of toast with scrambled eggs. Now instead of using bread for my nut butter fix, I just split a banana open and spread almond butter inside. That's YUMMY too. :tongue:
  • tbsugacookie
    tbsugacookie Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I take a tub of plain greek yogurt (16 oz.) and mix in a packet of cheesecake-flavored jello pudding mix. I usually have about 4-5 oz. for breakfast each day. It's like eating cheesecake-flavored frosting for breakfast.

I can't explain how genius this is. You may have changed my world. lol
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    favorite healthy breakfast is a burrito. 1 whole egg, cooked with diced bell pepper and onion and a slice or 2 of bacon wrapped in a tortilla. About 350 cals. take the bacon out and add more veggie for lower cals.

you can do something similar and bake eggs with your favorite veggies in aluminum cupcake wrappers. The you can freeze them and reheat for the rest of the week.

favorite quick breakfast Greek Yogurt or hard-boiled egg and dry toast.

favorite breakfast of all time country friend steak with a biscuit and gravy.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options

I can't explain how genius this is. You may have changed my world. lol

such a good idea. I am so going to try this? Is it less sugar then fruit on teh bottom greek yogurt?
  • swebb0326
    swebb0326 Posts: 2
    Options
    Quaker Low Sugar Oatmeal
  • muaylex
    muaylex Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Coffee
    Granola
    Yogurt
    Eggs
    Cereal (although cereal is not really that good for you)
  • roflsauce
    roflsauce Posts: 21
    Options
    2 egg bacon omelette with avocado or asparagus.
  • powrwrap
    powrwrap Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just started doing this recently.
    4 egg whites, scrambled, with 2 tablespoons salsa
    6 oz. orange juice (or apple juice)

151 calories, plus keeps me full until lunch.
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Home Made Egg McMuffin
    Whole wheat Eng Muffin
    1 Egg cooked in microwave in ramekin dish
    1 slice of Natural Ham
    1 slice of Med Cheese

2 Coffees with FF International Delights FV Creamer

355 calories

YUMMO!!!!!