Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What's with the attitude?

13»

Replies

• brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    :drinker:
  • manique45
    manique45 Posts: 99 Member
    ToTALLY AGREE!! LOL

This one person whom I want to be a great MFP friend and I understand ppl need to vent about their struggles... But everyday??? Yeah, you live in a world that most is overweight and obease. Clearly making better food choices will be a challenge.

I think people just start feeling sorry for themselves.. I personally LOVE eating "healthy foods" but when my co worker brings in delish starbucks scones... it is very tempting! I have to just draw out my self control... look at my cal intake an see if I can budge it :o) thats what its all about fitting it in, in moderation...

Another time some one made the reference to me that "O she cant go out she is on a diet!" I about died lol. I was thinking I've never gone around claiming o Ican't eat this and that I'm on a diet... In the last 6 months from my facebook post and I guess that I pack my lunch daily they've noticed... O WELL! But people will think what they want and obviously eat what they want.

I never want to make someone feel guilty for what they are eating... Thats stupid lol its not my mouth! So yes I enjoyed this little soap box rant... MUCH APPRECIATED lOL

PEOPLE STOP FEELING SORRY FOR BEING AND MAKING SMART CHOICES!!!

** Also stop banning food from your life, thats probably why you feel sad in the first place! :o)
  • megan1869
    megan1869 Posts: 166 Member
    I eat a work lunch salad every day, because its healthy and I like it.

First I was ridiculed for it, but 70lbs or so later and people are suddenly VERY interested in my eating habits, lol

FUNNY how this happens! LOL... In law school people pointed out my habits (I had a class w/a break in the middle for lunch that most people didn't leave for and just ate in the classroom) and teased me calling me a "rabbit" mostly because I'm vegetarian... but when I kicked it up and started to workout and lose weight it was like "Heeeeey girl what are you doooing?" lol
  • TheCaren
    TheCaren Posts: 894 Member
    I did have a couple people in my life that I think unconsciously tried to sabotage me. But I know they'd never do so consciously, so it made it easier to deal with. And I was absolutely determined to make the lifestyle change I've made, so their efforts, however unconscious, had zero effect on me.
  • brittaney10811
    brittaney10811 Posts: 588 Member
    Not everyone has self-control and you ranting that they need it is ridiculous.

I have a boss who stands in my office and constantly offers me cookies and cake and tator tots, even though he knows damn good and well that I cant eat those things. There is no self-control issue there, that is just pure sabotage and spite.

Before you hop off that soap box of yours and finish walking through the line of pats on the back your getting, you may want to consider that.

If you didn't eat what was offered to you, then guess what, you just used SELF control. It was offered, they didn't jam it down your throat.

exactly. your boss will eventually learn that it's a total waste of money to buy you those things. if you give in once, then he'll know you might give in the next time. sounds like you've created a reason for him to think this is ok.
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    24961956.jpg
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    24961956.jpg

This should be in all threads.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Well, I don't give in when people try to sabotage me but I do find it extremely irritating when this person is supposed to be my best friend. Like, really? Aren't you supposed to be supporting me instead of trying to sabotage my efforts?! Annoying!!!
  • andreamarieroberts
    andreamarieroberts Posts: 34 Member
    but... its so much more convenient to be a victim...

THIS
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member

What. the. hell? On toast.

carbs?! are you mad?!

I rather like the expression. :laugh:
    I think I shall steal it
  • kevinjb1
    kevinjb1 Posts: 233 Member
    Sabotage?

Who would do such a thing...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQbcyeg10S448PE0ynyAb29UplqE293vQ0WuwC80xzLghjYhwuuxw
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJDePOYUlnK_m6CNFp4BGtAIvnJRpum9EuSZsTc9y7Kp2YJyuT
  • I find it amusing the people who somehow think refusing an offer of food is rude. "No, thank you" is never rude. I don't care if it's your grandma or coworker.
  • PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Yep. Totally true! :drinker:
  • kosuke081
    kosuke081 Posts: 69
    I enjoy treats in the office. What gets me by is moderation. Small servings don't much affect my calorie intake, and I still get to have a treat. If I were really troubled by it, I'd exercise a bit more to run off the calories. Or just not eat it. Problem solved.

Everyone that's said this is true, you are responsible for what goes into your body, regardless of whatever someone else is doing or offering you.

Hypothetical situation: If your friend or co-worker came in everyday with a plate of drugs and offered it to you, is it their fault if you accept them?