Why is everyone on this site so mean?

Options

Replies

• jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    HEY GUYS! YOU ARE TOTALLY MISSING WHAT'S IMPORTANT.

someone around here has tater tots... and i want some.

haters-gonna-hate-taters.gif
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Seriously??? Tell your buddies to suck it up and quit whining. If they hear something that's uncomfortable to hear, it's most likely something they NEED to hear. This site isn't supposed to be all "rah-rah, you're awesome" when someone eats like crap and doesn't exercise. Well, maybe some people are like that but they are part of the problem. If your friends want to make progress, tell them to listen to people that get on them for eating tater tots and being unhealthy. Those people are the solution; the enablers are the problem.

Hmmm you seem hangry. Have a cookie. :flowerforyou:

tumblr_mc4ngpyXvS1rz20dio3_250_zpsf8aaa67e.gif

I like cookies.

Who doesn't?

Actually I have a friend who doesn't, but she's dead inside.

Your friend doesn't like cookies??? Does she get mad if you tell her she's certifiably insane?
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I think bacon might solve this problem.
    Agreed, this thread needs more bacon.
    YEAH CUZ BACON IZ HILARIOUS !!!! LOLZ !!!

CANNOT GET ENOUGH BACON JOKES ON HERE !!! YAY !!! LOLZ !!!

U GUYZ EVER EET NUT BUTTER ?!?!?! LOLZ !!!

Am I sensing some insincerity here?

I normally wouldn't care, but - I feel compelled to defend the bacon. The bacon is the innocent party here.
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    There are critical people everywhere. Someone is always going to think they are doing it better than someone else. But the proof is in the pudding. As long as you are succeeding in your own goals, your weight is looking good and the tests your dr does come back within the correct range, I wouldnt stress.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Seriously??? Tell your buddies to suck it up and quit whining. If they hear something that's uncomfortable to hear, it's most likely something they NEED to hear. This site isn't supposed to be all "rah-rah, you're awesome" when someone eats like crap and doesn't exercise. Well, maybe some people are like that but they are part of the problem. If your friends want to make progress, tell them to listen to people that get on them for eating tater tots and being unhealthy. Those people are the solution; the enablers are the problem.

I like cookies.

Who doesn't?

Your friend doesn't like cookies??? Does she get mad if you tell her she's certifiably insane?

She just rolls her eyes at me. That's actually an exchange we have often.
  • adamgottlob
    adamgottlob Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    John Gabriel's Greater Internet ****wad Theory.

why_does_people_troll_ri17dmf46.jpg

That is certainly one theory...one I'd like to be true. But it's also possible that it's more like:

[Normal Human ****wad] - [Anonymity] = [False Normal]

After reading comments below any article, and some of the most vile things ever written to people who have never met in person, I wonder if that is the real "us" and what we act like in public is the fake side. I mean, if there was a button below everyone's post that said "KILL" and it really did kill them, how many people would be.....ouch! Stop...ow!
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,462 Member
    Options
    Support each other?

laughter_zps5724b0d7.gif

I like these guys.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

I like cookies.

Who doesn't?

Hold her down and shove Oreos down her throat. It's good for her. She'll thank you later. Or you two could just have a pillow fight about it and giggle a lot. That would be ok too.
  • gkwatra
    gkwatra Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    One friend is getting PM'ed about being fat for his tater tots while my other friend is being told he is too unhealthy in his own thread

I thought we were here to support each other

Oh great .. now I want tater tots. Thanks. Thanks a lot ...
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options

I like cookies.

Who doesn't?

Hold her down and shove Oreos down her throat. It's good for her. She'll thank you later. Or you two could just have a pillow fight about it and giggle a lot. That would be ok too.

This is proof that IRL needs an "defriend" button.

Friends that don't like cookies? Crazy talk.
  • gabbylab
    gabbylab Posts: 146
    Options
    bacon_zpsbffc06d7.jpg

Bring the tots to me, will go well with my lunch.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    One friend is getting PM'ed about being fat for his tater tots while my other friend is being told he is too unhealthy in his own thread

I thought we were here to support each other

Oh great .. now I want tater tots. Thanks. Thanks a lot ...

Now I do too. Imagining my yogurt and blueberries were tots just wasn't working. Lovely!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    In...

...for wall purposes.
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    th?id=H.5032375558407282&pid=1.7&w=245&h=169&c=7&rs=1
  • Lind5ay90
    Lind5ay90 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    ...because when people can hide behind a screen name they get ballsy.
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    If you want sympathy, I show you sympathy........you'll find it in the dictionary between "****" and "syphalis".
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m9czzqP0J71qiiqedo3_500.gif

OMG that was my most favorite line in the movie!!!!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,771 Member
    Options
    I guess that proves there are a lot of stupid people in this world. They have to come on this site and put people down for no reason , People SUCK !!!

What a nice thing to say!
  • ZumbaLin
    ZumbaLin Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I've met some AWESOME people on MFP. I'm thankful it's here to use! To all MFP's out there - love you all!!
  • WhiteSage13
    WhiteSage13 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just like dealing with any other segment of the population there is the "the bad and the ugly". You need to select you're friends carefully in all aspects of life and this is no different. Some people get a kick out of getting reactions out of people and it's easy for some to be mean to someone they don't know or every see. Just don't react just move on to someone kind.