CHRISTMAS GOALS! JOIN THE CHALLENGE!

Options
HEY EVERYONE.

CHRISTMAS TIME IS THE WORST TIME OF THE YEAR I THINK FOR FEELING 'FAT'... ALL THE FOOD THAT WE TAKE IN :( ALL THE FAMILY WE SEE AND PICTURES BEING TAKEN.. HOPING THAT YOU ANGLED YOUR FACE RIGHT SO THE CAMERA DIDN'T CATCH THAT DOUBLE CHIN.. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE SUCH A HAPPY TIME OF YEAR, AND YET, MOST PEOPLE I KNOW FEEL CRAPPY AROUND THAT TIME, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT COMES TO OUR WEIGHT AND SELF IMAGE. FINDING DRESSY CLOTHES TO WEAR IS JUST AWFUL TOO, ESPECIALLY WHEN WE DON'T SEE WHAT WE WANT TO WHEN WE LOOK IN THE MIRROR. HEY, I COULD BE WRONG, MAYBE ITS JUST ME?! BUT IM PRETTY SURE ITS NOT..

THIS YEAR IM GIVING MYSELF A EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT.. MY CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE!!! YES, YES, HOW IS THAT A GIFT?! WELL, I MAY HAVE TO WORK HARD AT EXERCISING, AND EATING RIGHT, BUT IF I CAN REACH MY CHRISTMAS GOAL AND FEEL GREAT ABOUT MYSELF IN THOSE CHRISTMAS PICTURES I DREAD EVERY YEAR, IT WILL BE THE BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER!

SO HERE'S MY CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE.. I STARTED THIS SITE LESS THAN A WEEK AGO. HAVE ONLY LOST 1LB SO FAR. BUT I CHALLENGE MYSELF TO LOSE 20LBS BY CHRISTMAS! TAKE ME FROM 167 TO 147.. MY OVERALL GOAL IS 130LBS, AND BY CHRISTMAS I WANT TO BE HALFWAY THERE.

FEEL FREE TO JOIN ME IN THIS CHALLENGE! IM SURE ALL OF US COULD USE THAT EXTRA SUPPORT AND OTHERS TO MOTIVATE US.. GOOD LUCK ALL!!!

1938549.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I will join you! If you look at my signature, you can see my Christmas goal! We can do it!
  • jkapp100
    Options
    I too want to join in, 20lbs by Christmas ! Especially given here in Oz Christmas falls right at the start of summer.... oh my, is 20lbs enough ;)
  • wannabthatgirl
    Options
    I'm in! Good luck to all!

-Cheers!
  • pink_butterfly
    Options
    GOOD LUCK TO YOU THREE! :D I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE A REAL SMILE IN MY CHRISTMAS PICTURES!! LOL AND PREFFERABLY NOT TRYING TO HIDE MY DOUBLE CHIN!
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'd like to be 24 - 27 pounds down. That'd get me SO close!
  • pink_butterfly
    Options
    Kristin.. 39lbs lost! Thats awesome! Great job! Good luck on ur 27lbs!! Looks to me like you will have no trouble at all!

I'm so happy others are joining in this! I think we'll all reach our Christmas goals! :)
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    My goal is to be under 200 by Christmas -- so 22ish pounds based on my last weigh in. I'm pretty sure I'm around 220 right now though so that isn't quite as hard as it looks.

December is 16 weeks away so hoping that is do-able!
  • rsmsdance
    Options
    I'm in I just want to lose 10 pounds by christmas more will be great but 10 is my goal
  • lordofultima
    Options
    I have 23 pounds before I reach my goal, keep in mind I've already lost 32 but only recently joined the site. I'm not saying I should be 150 lbs. by Christmas since I'm putting on muscle mass simultaneously, but I want to go into the new year with a view of my abs! So that'll be my own Christmas challenge, get my bodyfat in the 10-12% range.
  • mrslaxton
    mrslaxton Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in! My goal is 20 pounds by Christmas. We can do it!
  • Chani56
    Chani56 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Count me in! 20 by Christmas sounds very doable =)
  • yamillie
    Options
    I just got on to the fitness pal through a co-worker, I think your challenge is a great idea. I also weigh 167 and I am looking to lose 15 - 20 pds. The extra encouragement would be great. I just have a hard time with eating right. But knowing someone else is doing it with me will help keep me on track.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I would love to lose 20 by then but I'd like to lose a little more. Maybe 25 or so.. I'm hoping. LET'S DO THIS!!!!!
  • shababa2809
    Options
    I would love to joinn this..
    I really would love to loose 20 pound by now and christmas..
    that would be extra amazing.
    tomorrow is my weight in date(i'm so nervous)

Staring Weight:210
    Current Weight:205
    Goal Weight :140 by april 23,2011
    Mini Goal:8-10 pound by my birthday september,28

I would love the motivation and mini challenges.
    Feel free to add =]
    have a wonderful labor day weekend everyone.
  • kittykat777
    Options
    Count me in. I was just saying to my cousin I want to lose 30lbs. by Christmas. it would be so fantastic if I could pull it off.
  • ShannonRaeinAZ
    Options
    That's a great idea to help keep on track during the holiday season. I'm in for 25 pounds by Christmas! That would take me halfway to goal.
  • missydr
    missydr Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I start my challenge tomorrow. I need to lose 18 lbs to get to my goal weight that should be doable by/before Christmas. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    I'm determined to be at my goal weight by Christmas. I'm not positive what that weight will be, I'll figure it out when I get closer, but it will be somewhere between another 15 to 30 lbs lost!
  • ltyrance
    Options
    Count me in!!! I would love to lose 20lbs by christmas. I just join yesterday. but this should be fun, and easy with all the support.

SW: 146lbs
    GW: 120lbs
  • pink_butterfly
    Options
    EVERYONE THAT HAS JOINED INTO THE CHALLENGE SO FAR, AND DONT FORGET TO KEEP US ALL UPDATED BY POSTED ON THIS FORUM! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! IT ALL BEGINS TODAY!!!!

CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE!

pink_butterfly - 20LBS
    Kminor67 - 28lbs
    jkapp10 - 20lbs
    jne17 - 20lbs
    kristinlough - 24-27lbs
    melodyg - 22lbs
    rsmsdance - 10lbs
    lordofultima - body fat 10-12% range
    mrslaxton - 20lbs
    Chani56 - 20lbs
    yamillie - 15-20lbs