How much cardio do you do?

Options

Replies

• scwilson38
    scwilson38 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    30-45 min per day for 5-6 days. Jogging, Zumba, cycling and hip hop abs. It is helping with my weight loss and endurance.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    30 min. 5 days a week. I do the arc trainer at the gym. I am thinking of pulling my road bike out this weekend and start biking Saturdays and Sundays.
  • run2bfree
    run2bfree Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    everyday i do some form of cardio. i do cardio accelerations in between my weight lifting sets (burpees, mtn climbers or jump rope) then after my lifting I do either tabatas or incline walk. on my "day off" I still either go for a run or clean the house...

I always wondered if the cardio is hindering my muscle toning... but i still have a tummy so I figure that has to help it go away at some point...
  • Dana31601
    Dana31601 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    It depends. I alternate months of lifting heavy/running and bootcamp/running. So, one month, I'll lift heavy three days a week and run three days a week...and the next month, I do bootcamp three days a week and run three days a week.
  • misifer
    misifer Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    1 hr low cardio 5x/week (treadmill WHILE working) plus 30-120 min/week jogging/biking/hiking. Just depends on the week and what we are up to.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    30-45 minutes, 5 days a week.
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Building up to 5 - 6 days a week. I do about 30 - 35 minutes. In the past (when I lost a lot) I did cardio 5 days a week + low impact aerobics. Worked for me then, and seems to be working for me now.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Maybe 3 sessions a week of about 30-45 minutes of just cardio.

I actually see more results from heavy lifting and a good strength routine. Also, when I do heavy lifting, my heart rate goes up, so I get cardio benefits as well.
  • Focusedjessy
    Focusedjessy Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I walk 3 miles about 4x a week. I hike a mountain about once a month. I have been doing a 5k/month so I train a little for those. I just started insanity so that is a lot of cardio. I also strength train about 30 mins 3x /week. So I guess a lot
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Cardio was hard for me, but I joined a gym. So now I do intense cardio 4 times a week for 60 minutes. On other days, I lift and do Yoga.

I am adding an abs class and do a Ballet Bootcamp class as well :)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Very little - I'd much rather lift weights.... But I'm trying to get through the C25K program so I try for 3 days a week 30 minutes or so. Haven't done it in a week or 2 though. I hate cardio.
  • minijag06
    minijag06 Posts: 70
    Options
    I do an hour of cardio a day (I love it!) and have lost 37 lbs! Shed the fat and now I see muscle. Starting a weight lifting program in August!!!!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    It depends on the time of year. We do a lot of hiking when the weather is nice so much more cardio during those months. 5-6 days a week for 1-2 hour stretches, with the occasional long hike on weekends, when weather permits.

Also, it depends on what you mean when you say "cardio". On days we don't hike I typically do Turbo Fire HIIT workouts. So, if you count all non-strength training exercise, then 15-25 min on those days, but if you mean only aerobic, those wouldn't count because I push into anaerobic.

Also, I do strength training like sets of 100-200 squats that could be considered cardio, but those probably go beyond aerobic also.

So, that the long answer. Short answer = A lot!
  • baileyaad
    baileyaad Posts: 19
    Options
    Right now I go for a ~20 min casual jog 5 nights a week... but that's mostly to get my dogs the exercise they need lol. If they didn't need it, I'd probably skip it.
  • Alissakae
    Alissakae Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Most of my cardio is mixes with strength or toning stuff. I have gym sessions with high incline treadmill (currently I do 25% incline) for a couple of minutes at a time alternating with weight or body weight exercises for about an hour three times per week. I teach water aerobics three mornings per week, and in my classes I alternate cardio stuff with toning exercises, for an hour long class. I do water jogging two days per week for an hour each time on the days I'm not teaching. I also fit in one or two Zumba classes (at least the Saturday morning class). At my age it takes a lot to get the weight to come off! I also really enjoy feeling my fitness level increase.
  • naijaman
    naijaman Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Two cardio sessions per week (P90X or Insanity), plus 90 minutes of Soccer once a week.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I aim for at least 30mins a day. It works for me to lose weight. I lift a couple of days a week too.
  • strangeone25
    strangeone25 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    30 minutes of cardio 6 days per week. It has definitely helped with my weight loss.
  • FitnessBeverlyHills
    Options
    I do 20-30 minutes of cardio 4-6 days a week and primarily do weight lifting. The only reason I even do the cardio is because I have a big appetite =)
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    None.