Quest bar?

Options
brittfj
brittfj Posts: 50 Member
So I'm a pretty big fan of quest bars, any other fans out there?

I've heard of some people baking them or microwaving..anyone know anything about this or tried it?

Replies

• JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I own a box of every quest bar flavor except for their new release: White Chocolate Raspberry

Personally I like the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough or Brownie flavors. Before I eat one I would warm them up in the microwave for like 8~10 secs... So good *Drools*
  • CometMeebru
    CometMeebru Posts: 122
    Options
    my favorite is the coconut cashew
  • brittfj
    Options
    I can't wait to try the white chocolate raspberry!! I have tried warming them up in the microwave but failed ha! I guess I put them in there too long.

I haven't tried the coconut cashew one yet, I'm glad to hear that it's good! I will have to grab one soon :)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Brownie and cookie dough are great, heat up 10-15 seconds for 5 second intervals to avoid turning into a rock. (Been there done that.) Tried the chocolate peanut butter and it was okay, tried strawberry cheesecake and hated it.
  • brittfj
    Options
    I either completely melt them or turn them into a rock ha! Still working on that happy medium :)
    I'm so surprised that you hated the strawberry cheesecake! Have you tried the apple pie one? It's fantastic!
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    The mix berry flavor seems rather plain to me...

I'll admit I haven't tried them all yet even though I own boxes of them... I rotate between my other protein bars just so I can get them out the way lol...
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I either completely melt them or turn them into a rock ha! Still working on that happy medium :)
    I'm so surprised that you hated the strawberry cheesecake! Have you tried the apple pie one? It's fantastic!

I think I was expecting strawberry flavor and got very artificial strawberry instead and that turned me off. I haven't tried the Apple pie but if it's being given a good recommendation I may pick one up tomorrow.
  • brittfj
    Options
    The mix berry flavor seems rather plain to me...

I'll admit I haven't tried them all yet even though I own boxes of them... I rotate between my other protein bars just so I can get them out the way lol...

Haha! I haven't tried the mixed berry one either, at least you won't run out of protein bars for a while!!
    I saw on a website where someone ended up baking the cinnamon bar and put Greek yogurt on it and twisted it up to make a mini cinnamon bun!
  • brittfj
    Options

I think I was expecting strawberry flavor and got very artificial strawberry instead and that turned me off. I haven't tried the Apple pie but if it's being given a good recommendation I may pick one up tomorrow.

Ah yeah, the apple pie one had bits of dried apples in it :) I hope you like it when you do try it! :)
  • Zekela
    Zekela Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Love them except the lemon flavor. Will try microwaving them :-)... thanks!
  • brittfj
    Options
    Ick, yes I saw the lemon flavored one and had no desire to try it haha
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    My fav is the peanut butter supreme one, sooo good.

Used to like the brownie flavor now I find the luo han guo taste a bit too strong.

Never liked the lemon cream pie flavor..

Really wanna try the Cookie Dough flavor but they don't sell that here..
  • greatwestescape
    Options
    I love peanut butter supreme as well! Apple pie is still a classic!
  • brittfj
    Options
    The cookie dough one is so good! You should try hunting it down if possible :) peanut butter supreme is pretty fantastic! It's surprising that I actually like most of them and they don't taste like rubber! Ha!

The apple pie is a classic for sure :)
  • DawnEH612
    DawnEH612 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    The first one i ever had was coconut cashew, my first reaction was "yuck" . Then i heard to pop them in the microwave for just a few seconds. My microwave is pretty powerful so i put it in for 5 seconds at first and then, if need be, i turn it over and add another 3-5 seconds.. Perfect every time. Not another bar out there that comes close to the nutrition profile of the quest bar. I like the first released flavor of vanilla almond, but has higher calories and really like banana nut bread, cinnamon roll and coconut cashew. Not a big fan of any of the chocolate flavors and the chocolate peanut butter has no peanut butter flavor to it that i could detect. The chocolate chip cookie dough is ok, lemon is eehh and the apple pie was ok. I think i have tried a few other flavors but they escape me right now so they couldn't have been that great.
  • goldylocs37
    goldylocs37 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Had my first white chocolate raspberry Quest bar tonight! Delicious! Though I'm not sure anything beats the chocolate chip cookie dough. Other favs are the coconut cashew, banana nut muffin, and apple pie. Try changing it up by softening cccd or apple pie in the microwave, then rolling it out to thickness (or thinness) of pie crust, bake at 350 for 4 minutes, awesome:heart:! No need to search for low calorie cookie recipes any more when there's Quest bars in my pantry! Also great in the microwave for 15 seconds; they just don't seem to last as long.
  • jen_zz
    jen_zz Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention the chocolate peanut butter flavor. Worst ever! It's not chocolatey, but the PB is hardly there.

Vanilla Almond is actually quite good.

Banana Nut muffin's banana taste is realllly strong. So for someone who loves things like banana bread this would be a great choice.
  • cfredz
    cfredz Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    the deal didnt work for me! still says $72
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I have only tried the coconut cashew, cinnamon roll, & pb & j. Cinnamon roll was really good. I actually like them chilled. Have not tried them heated.