Petite Ladies, Step Inside Please

Replies

• hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    I'm 5'1 and 130 lbs.

Most of my weight comes off my upper abs and waist area though I'd prefer to see them coming off the legs or lower abs a bit more, hehe.

I'm pretty happy at my current weight but my c-sections left me with the dreaded apron that I'm trying to get rid of. So I figure I'd aim for the middle of my BMI (114) and see if that helps.
  • cjmarquez
    cjmarquez Posts: 2
    My goal is about the same as yours...but WHY is it so hard to lose just the last few pounds?? I'm 5'3" @ 132lbs and my goal weight is 115lb and I am having THE hardest time ever! It seems that heavier people can melt 15lbs easy...why can't I??? Not fair =(
  • aggielauren
    aggielauren Posts: 16 Member
    I"m 5'2" even, and small framed. I am currently 135 (and this looks chubby on me!), and I'm aiming for 115-120.
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    My goal is about the same as yours...but WHY is it so hard to lose just the last few pounds?? I'm 5'3" @ 132lbs and my goal weight is 115lb and I am having THE hardest time ever! It seems that heavier people can melt 15lbs easy...why can't I??? Not fair =(
    Yeah it gets REALLY hard once the BMI hits healthy, at least when you're doing it the right way, hehe. I'm with you though! It seems one or two pounds a month is the most I can hope for.
  • AndriaLL
    AndriaLL Posts: 162
    As a side note - where do you petite ladies first SEE the weight come off? I know when I gain it's in the belly typically (or at least more visible there)... but this last time I've noticed the weight loss in my FACE first.

Granted I'm not complaining about my face thinning out, but what about the pants, come on now! :laugh: :laugh:

This may sound weird, but I first see it around my KNEES--I have some fat on my inner/back of knee area and that goes away. I work in a lab where I have to wear pants, so nobody ever notices until I've lost a significant amount :cry:
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    As a side note - where do you petite ladies first SEE the weight come off? I know when I gain it's in the belly typically (or at least more visible there)... but this last time I've noticed the weight loss in my FACE first.

Granted I'm not complaining about my face thinning out, but what about the pants, come on now! :laugh: :laugh:

This may sound weird, but I first see it around my KNEES--I have some fat on my inner/back of knee area and that goes away. I work in a lab where I have to wear pants, so nobody ever notices until I've lost a significant amount :cry:

Oh man! I wanna lose MY knee fat! And my ankle fat! I've lost a little on my lower legs, but not nearly as much as I would like.

I guess I tend to notice first on my lower abdomen, actually. I don't put on a lot of weight there, for some reason and it doesn't take a lot for me to be able to see my hip flexors and stuff. The upper abs? Totally different story. See also: knees and ankles.
  • telle12345
    telle12345 Posts: 10 Member
    I'm 5ft and currently 138lb (9 stone 12) which looks big on me, especially my tummy and bum! My goal weight is 119lb (8 Stone 2) with a BMI of 22
    I'm small framed and always have been up until the last couple of years where i've just eaten ALOT! lol
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    would love to know petite ladies, your daily calorie target when trying to lose and maintenance, also any sedentary petite ladies: calorie limits. I am old lady, petite, obese and sedentary, but losing and happy to be here
  • judswi
    judswi Posts: 73 Member
    I am 5'1 I would love to be 120 but I would be happy at 125. I have a medium frame.
  • I am 4ft 11 in, 138lbs, small frame. I've weighed in my adult life anywhere from 95-120lbs. I started to gain weight 4 years ago after I turned 40. My goal weight is 120lbs. I liked my grown woman's body at this weight. Namaste. God Bless! Off to do my Sunday morning 5 mile walk.
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member
    im 5ft 1" and im aiming for 126lbs which is at the lower end of what is healthy weight range it ranges between 125 and 135 my mum is 5ft 2" her ideal weight is 128 but i do agree go on frame size i have a friend who is same height as me weighs 131lbs looks fab i weigh 136 at minute and look huge
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    would love to know petite ladies, your daily calorie target when trying to lose and maintenance, also any sedentary petite ladies: calorie limits. I am old lady, petite, obese and sedentary, but losing and happy to be here

My daily calories to lose are at 1550. That being said, I have about 90 pounds to lose to get to a healthy weight (130, I'm 5'1") and have calories set at a deficit to lose 1 pound a week. I am pretty sure I'll be at 1200 just to lose *anything* long before I get to a healthy weight range... one of those disadvantages to being short! Guessing that I'll just have to focus more on bumping up the exercise. I'm planning on stopping at 130 and seeing what I think about losing more weight... I haven't been there since I was 21 so I have no idea how I'll look at that weight.
  • monkeysmum
    monkeysmum Posts: 522 Member

im sednetry 5ft 1 my calories are 1200 but i have been told by doc that ill be ok with 1000cals if i dont get exercise in and because i am eating a wide mix of fruit and veggies
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    i'm four eleven and a half and my goal weight is 112. the reccomended range is 95-115, so it is at the high end for my height/body shape.
  • LilynEdensmom
    LilynEdensmom Posts: 612 Member
    I"m 5'1 I'd like to get back to 110. But every one says I look better at 120-130 so really anywhere from 110-130
  • I'm slightly under 5"1', small framed and am aiming for 120 pounds for now.
    I started at 140 pounds and so far I've seen my upper body change (2' around the waist) but there's almost no change on the hips, they just seem to grow larger. Anyone has the same problem with hips?
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    i'm 5'3 1/2 and my starting weight is 134. i would like to be 124 and maybe 120. nothing further though. i guess i will have to see what i look like:)
  • I am 5' 3" and small framed. I am not too worried about an actual number as I am more focused on getting lean. I do have some body fat to get rid of, so at 117 right now, I'm aiming for somewhere between 110 - 115, but more looking to tone up muscle.
  • gpies
    gpies Posts: 56 Member
    I'm just under 5' and I fluctuate between 116 and 118 regularly. I was aiming at 110 and was on this site consistently for MONTHS and that weight did not budge. 1 lb or 2 here and there but has not gone down. Of course I became discouraged and stopped for a while. I have decided to use the site more for tracking my exercise and eating habits. Maybe somewhere down the road something will kick in but maybe my body is also telling me this is where it should be? (or maybe that's an excuse of mine?) I don't know... what I do know is I exercise much more now than I have before so at the least, my heart must be healthier. 4-5 times a week with 300-500 calorie burn has to be doing something for my health, right??
  • I am 5'2" and 110lbs. According to the finger test I'm medium framed but I think I'm pretty petite. I an not looking to lose more weight per say but I would like to lose a few more inches around my waist. I have some serious love handles due to my love for fast food and Mexican food. I struggle with my diet but am blessed with a higher metabolism. I am trying to get healthy as hear disease runs in my family. And, I really would like to look hot in my bikini at the beach!
This discussion has been closed.