If you won £1m or $1m....

Options
Fozzi43
Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
What would you buy?

I'd buy a house with lots of land so I could rescue animals and build a fuk off gym with everything I needed..I'd also buy my local hospital equipment it needs.

What about you?

Replies

• toughmudderMN
    toughmudderMN Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I would take the £1m and convert it to $ giving me 1.5M USD. Then first pay off my student loans. Then invest the rest with the intent to provide a large portion of the yearly earnings to local kids who are coming from disadvantaged backgrounds.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Shares
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    If I had a million dollars I'd buy you a monkey
    Haven't you always wanted a monkey?
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

Why..yes..how did you know? :flowerforyou:
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Quit my job and do something I would actually enjoy doing. All the things I like to do don't pay crappola.

Then:
    Invest some
    Pay off debt
    Build a new house on a lot of land
    and other random boring stuff
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options
    if i get 1 million dollars,i am gonna go out with one of the hotties from mfp:drinker: .And No,its not cuz i think all of them are shallow or smthin.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    Buy a few decent houses ($150k-$200k) small refresher renovation, and rent them all. After $10,000 emergency account is established for each house via the rent, then the money from rent would be used to buy more houses. I'd still keep my day job.

ETA: This is pretty much my plan anyway, just $1M would speed the process up by about 10 years.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    How long would it take to collect it? May not be worth my time...

Bill-Gates-Meme.jpg
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Hookers and blow
  • catneon
    catneon Posts: 911 Member
    Options

or a green dress?
    But not a real green dress that's cruel
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I probably wouldn't buy anything.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options

or a green dress?
    But not a real green dress that's cruel

Get out of my head!
  • kaylaandthestarcatcher
    Options
    I would pay off student loans and the rest of my tuition.
    I would give my mom a good amount to pay her back for all the money she has loaned me over the years and everything she has done for me.
    And then I would hold on to the rest. Keep going to school, keep working my job, keep living in my cheaper apartment in the cheaper part of town... And just be comfortable and not have to worry about money like crazy all the time. It would be awesome.

And I'd also probably splurge on a Dior bag because I've always wanted one.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

But not a real green dress, that's cruel.
  • bethgames
    bethgames Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I'd just live on cruise ships like Zack and Cody.....
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    I would:

1. Pay off all my debts.
    2. Take my partner away somewhere exotic for a few months, and get married en route.
    3. Buy a 'comfortable' sized house, and enjoy the rest over the next few years!
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Pay off loans first, then get a nice place on the water. Sign up for that master's program without worrying about the tuition. Adopt a dog (okay, two). Put the rest into investments in case me or my family needs money was we get older. Oh, and buy a tricked-out new computer so I'm not still running XP at home.
  • plynn54
    plynn54 Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    If I had a million dollars, We wouldn’t have to eat Kraft dinner , But we would eat Kraft dinner , Of course we would, we’d just eat more And buy really expensive ketchups with it, That’s right, all the fanciest Dijon ketchups
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i would take care of my mom and brother credit to clear them free. buy my mom a house of her own. then a nice new reliable car. then i would hit the road and travel the world. plus i would send my mom and brother on there own trip
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I would pay off all my and my daughters bills. I would buy a log cabin with wrap around porch on a mountain lake retreat, also buy a open concept modern home on the shore. I would take my daughter on her dream vacation to Europe. I would restore my current home to brand new condition and then give it to some family who has lost their home to fire like I did with the mortgage paid in full and give them a credit line at a furniture store so they could furnish the entire thing anyway they liked. I would travel like crazy!!!