What do you have your AC set at?

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
Right now it's 76 degrees in my house. Heat index over 107 today! Husband wants the AC at 80, I want 73 so we compromised. Just wondering if 73 is unreasonable. I love my AC!

What's yours at?

Replies

• PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    I drove to work with my heat on in the car this morning!! So please, don't be complaining about the warm temperatures! haha
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Low 60's
  • elledeery
    elledeery Posts: 866
    Options
    Frostbite :)
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    I'd set it high 70s, husband wants high 60s, so we go for mid 70s. I'm always tapping it to the right a bit, and he's always tapping it to the left a bit :tongue: Really, I'd prefer it cooler but it's EXPENSIVE :(
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    78 or 79 if we're in the house. If our house's "brain" sees that our phones are more than ten miles away it'll turn it up to 83. When we get within five miles and are still getting closer it'll turn it back to 78.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Mine's a 74. I'd prefer a little lower for comfort or higher for finances. lol

The upstairs doesn't cool off as well as the downstairs, though, so if I want to sleep comfortably, it has to be a little lower.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    78 or 79 if we're in the house. If our house's "brain" sees that our phones are more than ten miles away it'll turn it up to 83. When we get within five miles and are still getting closer it'll turn it back to 78.
    I want that!!!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    i don't have ac yet just a plain small fan on high
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
  • Coach_T
    Coach_T Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    74 when Im home and 78 when i'm not!
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Mine runs for 1/2 hour right before I put the kids to bed. Other than that it's usually around 83-87 in my apartment.
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    We don't do 'A/C' as a rule in the UK :wink: :laugh:
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I compromise. She likes it colder so I have it set at 64. I just go into my office and open up the windows to warm it up a bit.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Upstairs 81 ish, down about 79.
  • jpeoples1177
    jpeoples1177 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Programmable: 6am - 71, 9am - 70 (wife stays home, likes it supercool), 6pm - 72, 11pm - 74
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    currently at 72...but I had a fever last night so we are keeping it cooler in the apartment today. usually at 74 during the day. When we lived in Phoenix the ac was at 84 during the day, 80 in the evening and 77 at night.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    73 when I'm home, 75 during the day when I'm at work and I like it cold for sleeping, so 68 at night
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Mine runs for 1/2 hour right before I put the kids to bed. Other than that it's usually around 83-87 in my apartment.

Ugh.
    I would be miserable
  • grandpoobah12
    Options
    I live in Japan and the recommended environmentally friendly temp is 28 C for the air conditioner. 82.4 F. Feels pretty cool.
    Compared to the humid outside.

So do you run your a.c. when your not home?? Why?
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'd set it high 70s, husband wants high 60s, so we go for mid 70s. I'm always tapping it to the right a bit, and he's always tapping it to the left a bit :tongue: Really, I'd prefer it cooler but it's EXPENSIVE :(

...this except it's usually around 68 or so & instead of tapping the temp to the right or left, hubby says "Don't mess with it" & he will say, If you are cold, "Put more clothes on" & if you are hot, "You have too many clothes on!" :laugh: