What do you have your AC set at?

Options

Replies

• ExcelWithMel
    ExcelWithMel Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    HA! Love this topic.

I work at home (upstairs office) and have it set at 75. If it creeps into 76 that is fine too.

At night it is 71 and we are snuggled deep under the covers.

With a separate unit/thermostat downstairs and where we are moving about, cooking, eating, etc. it is at 71-72 which is where DH wants it.
    I tend to turn it up a degree or two, and always get under a blanket when I'm watching TV.

It's HOT out there and sometimes just sit on the deck for a few minutes to warm up.
  • Gail3260
    Gail3260 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    AC? What's that???? 84 degrees here in the UK .....does opening the window count???
  • akp4Him
    akp4Him Posts: 227
    Options
    75 at night, 73 during the heat of the day. Some rooms are cooler than others.
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    I believe it is sitting on some sort of block outside. :-) around 76 at home and same at work.
  • husker_gal
    husker_gal Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    78 or 79 if we're in the house. If our house's "brain" sees that our phones are more than ten miles away it'll turn it up to 83. When we get within five miles and are still getting closer it'll turn it back to 78.
    I want that!!!

Me too!!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    78 or 79 if we're in the house. If our house's "brain" sees that our phones are more than ten miles away it'll turn it up to 83. When we get within five miles and are still getting closer it'll turn it back to 78.

This is AWESOME.
  • ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Ours is right around there I believe
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    My AC is set at whatever the temperature is outside seeing as I don't have AC. . .
  • Bekahmardis
    Bekahmardis Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I'd set it high 70s, husband wants high 60s, so we go for mid 70s. I'm always tapping it to the right a bit, and he's always tapping it to the left a bit :tongue: Really, I'd prefer it cooler but it's EXPENSIVE :(

We had this issue as well and have compromised on 72 degrees for a/c and 68 degrees in the winter. Period. No ups, downs, or in-betweens even when we're at work (we have animals).
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    78 during the day (while we aren't home) and 68-70 at night. I get hot! God bless level pay!!!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    65 and ice cold at night or I can't sleep. Daytime? 70 if I remember to turn it up. My husband works at a power plant. lol
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Hi, Cool, max temp. (Wall AC unit)
  • sunnyhlw77
    sunnyhlw77 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    an air conditioning installer we know recommended that we keep it at a steady 23 degrees C (or 73 degrees F). That's where we keep it. Its weird since in the winter we keep on furnace on 20/21 (around 70ish).
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    AC? What's that???? 84 degrees here in the UK .....does opening the window count???
    I'm in Florida. During the less humid months, at 84 degrees, I open windows. But in the summer when the humidity is 95%, that just won't cut it!

I prefer the fresh air to the AC when I can get it, though.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Our 1950's house has no central air. We have one window A/C unit set at 66, but it's been leaking water since it is so hot out. We cranked it up to 69 and have a box fan blowing cool air down the hall to our bedrooms.

I cannot wait to buy a house with central air!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Well, at home, we have it set at 78, but the thermometer in the apartment reads 74...apparently, it's a "factory setting". Whatever.

At work, I have no idea. All I know is it's like working in a fridge...regardless of the season.
  • nsaglian
    nsaglian Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Setting is 64°F - just two window units running to cool about 800 ft² in southeastern PA.On 90°F/70°F dewpoint days, in the evening temp is about 66-67°F, by bed time back to about 64°F.

73°F is quite reasonable, what it is at work. 80°F NO WAY! What is the sense of having it A/C if you can't be comfortable!
  • MasterKat
    MasterKat Posts: 149
    Options
    71 during the day when we're home, 74 when we're not home, 67 at night... I like to sleep in a cold house. :bigsmile:
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
  • tzig00
    tzig00 Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    Mine runs for 1/2 hour right before I put the kids to bed. Other than that it's usually around 83-87 in my apartment.

Ugh.
    I would be miserable

I don't have money to run the a/c all day so I learn to live with it and adapt to it. Cool showers and walking around in shorts and a tank top. At least that way when I go outside to the heat index of 105 I'm not sweating as soon as I step foot in it. I don't even know if my wall unit would be able to get it much cooler. lol