I'll never understand.......

Options

Replies

• nyla2120
    nyla2120 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    A phenomenon that applies to shower stalls at the gym, parking spots and, as another poster pointed out, urinals. The law of attraction I guess lol

Good thing I never shower at the gym :noway:
  • ames105
    ames105 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I do prefer to be away from people as well. However, I have a particular machine I like located near the fan at the gym. My comfort level with the temperature and the machine is more important to me than having space. That's why I do it.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    I do prefer to be away from people as well. However, I have a particular machine I like located near the fan at the gym. My comfort level with the temperature and the machine is more important to me than having space. That's why I do it.

I understand. And if people have certain machines they like I totally get it. Either way, nobody knows it bothers me I would never be rude & move away or give them any type of look. I just don't like people right next to me if I can avoid it. And that applies to anywhere public I go, not just the gym. I'm not a people person & I'm big on my personal space.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    My choice of equipment is influenced by the fact two of the treadmills never ever work for me, and some of the TVs are set to political news. Rather have History channel, or Animal Planet, in my view while I work out, if you know what I mean. Even sports blips that I've seen half a dozen times before are visually distracting without begging my full attention.
  • julsdolphin
    julsdolphin Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Maybe, it's because you're hot ;)
  • nyla2120
    Options
    Maybe, it's because you're hot ;)

LOL, no. But thanks for the compliment :flowerforyou:
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    3u7rkw.jpg
  • nyla2120
    Options
    3u7rkw.jpg

I love this!!!! LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    people do not understand the unspoken personal space rule... :explode:
  • nyla2120
    Options
    people do not understand the unspoken personal space rule... :explode:

They truly don't! Like when you are in line somewhere & the person behind you is practically on your heels & you move up to get away from them & they move up right along with you & rest their breasts on your back :laugh:
  • howardheilweil
    howardheilweil Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about this, but even though it's weird, I have my favorite elliptical machine at the gym. When I walk over there and someone is on the machine next to it, I curse in my head, but still get on "my" machine.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    I know what you mean about this, but even though it's weird, I have my favorite elliptical machine at the gym. When I walk over there and someone is on the machine next to it, I curse in my head, but still get on "my" machine.

LOL! I don't think I have a favorite one, I've made my rounds to them all & most work the same. I just try to get on one that is in a corner away from the bulk of people.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Why people insist on getting on the machine right next to you when there are literally 30 other treadmills/ellipticals open. Why???? So annoying!!!! :sad:

I understand this frustration but here's one reason.

I avoid it at all costs, just going to say that up front.

But I watch TV while I work out. It makes the time go by faster. I love Food Network. Obsessed with it. But it's only on one or two TV's and if it's on two, the tv's are RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER. So...if I want to watch it, it sometimes means getting on the machine next to someone. It is what it is. I don't look at their calories or speed. I just plug into Chopped.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    Why people insist on getting on the machine right next to you when there are literally 30 other treadmills/ellipticals open. Why???? So annoying!!!! :sad:

I understand this frustration but here's one reason.

I avoid it at all costs, just going to say that up front.

But I watch TV while I work out. It makes the time go by faster. I love Food Network. Obsessed with it. But it's only on one or two TV's and if it's on two, the tv's are RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER. So...if I want to watch it, it sometimes means getting on the machine next to someone. It is what it is. I don't look at their calories or speed. I just plug into Chopped.

That makes sense. At my gym every machine has it's own individual TV monitor luckily.
  • nyla2120
    Options
    BTW nobody would really want to be next to me on a machine, especially when I'm running sprints. Because I'm usually bent over borderline on the brink of death during this & nobody should have to look at that lol! It's a sad sight!
  • auzziecawth66
    auzziecawth66 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    A phenomenon that applies to shower stalls at the gym, parking spots and, as another poster pointed out, urinals. The law of attraction I guess lol

Ugh. Parking. I will purposely park at the back end of the parking lot where there are no other vehicles around in part because it doesn't bother me to walk but mostly b/c I hate it when someone parks right beside me and I have to try and get my kids out of their car seats. It never fails that some a-hole comes and parks right beside me when I'm in the store so I have to pull out because I can't get my door open enough. I'm in the back of the freaking parking lot. There's 30 other stalls wide open with nothing there and you have to come and park two inches away from the side of my vehicle grrrr... It never fails!!
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I like my space and I like to give people their space, but the last time I went to get on one of my favorite Precor machines, two were out of order, one was empty next to a sweaty, heavy-footed guy who was pounding his feet on the belt, and one was empty next to a young woman much like yourself. I chose the one next to the young woman. She might not have appreciated it, but I just didn't want to be next to the sweaty guy.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options

Ugh. Parking. I will purposely park at the back end of the parking lot where there are no other vehicles around in part because it doesn't bother me to walk but mostly b/c I hate it when someone parks right beside me and I have to try and get my kids out of their car seats. It never fails that some a-hole comes and parks right beside me when I'm in the store so I have to pull out because I can't get my door open enough. I'm in the back of the freaking parking lot. There's 30 other stalls wide open with nothing there and you have to come and park two inches away from the side of my vehicle grrrr... It never fails!!

I do the exact same thing for the exact same reasons lol. Looks like it's a widespread problem LOL
  • F1TCH1K
    F1TCH1K Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If you're that worried about it I would just stick your water bottle in the space on the other machine when you get there... if it's that vacant than it shouldn't make a difference.
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    BTW nobody would really want to be next to me on a machine, especially when I'm running sprints. Because I'm usually bent over borderline on the brink of death during this & nobody should have to look at that lol! It's a sad sight!

Not so lucky at my gym :(

I just get a lot of great food ideas from food network...if my cell phone worked consistently in the gym, I'd move to a different machine and watch something on hulu or netflix...but my gym happens to be a dead zone for cell service so I can't always get anything on my phone, in which case, I resort to the tv's the gym has.