office just threw a bday party and served sberry shortcake

Options

Replies

• Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    OMG! So. Much. Sabotage. There's only one way to fix it. You must shame each and every one of them until they give in to cardio and clean eating.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Technically the "cake" was angel food cake, which is made with all those lowfat substitues and chemical soups...ugh.

Then it was not truly strawberry shortcake, then was it?! :noway:
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    quit.

it is far easier to lose weight when you don't get a paycheck to waste on food.

The orange one has a valid point.
  • smiley245
    smiley245 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Not sure if a lawyer will take this on, but....
    Do you have a union? if so check with your local rep, I'm sure you can file a grievance for this.
    Shortcake at work! The nerve of some people!
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    what happens when the HR guy is the one to put the cake on my desk when i refused? do i go to the CEO? how about using constant contact to write an office blast about workplace bullying and dietal harrassment
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options
    what happens when the HR guy is the one to put the cake on my desk when i refused? do i go to the CEO? how about using constant contact to write an office blast about workplace bullying and dietal harrassment

Now that's bordering on assault. Sugar is poison. He tried to poison you. File criminal charges.
  • txwarriormama
    Options
    Cake happens. People are entitled to eat it or not, as they wish. You can't really expect the your workplace ban cake for celebrations because you are dieting/eating healthy. Is it tempting, of course, but if you are committed to your health, you will choose to forego, or to indulge and either do some extra cardio to burn it off or live with the guilt and vow to not indulge next time. You are changing your lifestyle for YOU - how others choose to behave is not relevant.
  • CountingCaloriesSuxass
    CountingCaloriesSuxass Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    is sugar in Strawberry shortcake really bad for you though?
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:

Woop, woop, Texas!!!!

mmmm Cake.... *where's the drool face smiley?? we need one!*
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    The evil *kitten*!

whereas I only attend meetings at work that serve cake :)
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Now I want strawberry shortcake, not the actual cake but the toy from the tv show from the 80's

I still have mine! (Strawberry shortcake blanket as well)
  • Icelandic_Saga
    Icelandic_Saga Posts: 2,926 Member
    Options
    Can't you just accept the cake, and send it to me?
  • Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Dear Diary.
    I of course can't eat that crap, and was forced to make an *kitten* of myself by declining the food while everyone else contributed to the rise in obesity of America...

I'm thinking this is ground to sue under harrassment due to hostile work environment. Serveral of my coworkers ridiculed me for refusing the cake.

Many of my other coworkers have already signed testimonials that they saw the ridicule and harassment.

Anybody know a good lawyer who deals with this in Texas, or do you feel like this could constitue a valid case?
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I eat it.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    How come you don't spell it out? Was it sh!tberry shortcake?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    If I've learned anything today, just be glad no one brought you a freaking iced mocha.
  • nomoredoughnuts
    nomoredoughnuts Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Eating cake once in a blue moon wont make you gain weight or ruin your 'clean diet'. Your coworkers may be rude but talking like this about food isn't healthy either.

If I want cake I eat cake. Big deal.
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options

character limit on the thread title...I wanted to start it with ZOMG so it would be more clear this was satirical (hell, check my diary), but I kind of like how this thread turned out.
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options

Sberry is short for taco. I eat taco.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Options

character limit on the thread title...I wanted to start it with ZOMG so it would be more clear this was satirical (hell, check my diary), but I kind of like how this thread turned out.

I think we all got several great tips about willpower and lawsuits. Gold stars for everyone! :flowerforyou: