Replies

• jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    PB2 or Better-n-butter. Love them both!
  • supremelady
    supremelady Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I eat Jif natural creamy peanut butter and it is 190 calories a serving for 2 tablespoons. i usually only use 1 tablespoon for my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Don't give it up just find a way to fit it in if you want to keep it. Swimming is pretty good with people who have chronic pain and join pain, it's low impact and can burn more calories than you thought possible and is a lot of fun. Do a couple laps to earn yourself some PB.
  • kcalhoun7
    kcalhoun7 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Peter Pan makes a natural pb that tastes very good and doesn't separate in the jar. Another tip is to eat it on celery or carrots instead of bread. That way you are only getting the protein and fat and not bread carbs too!
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I tried better-n-peanut butter once and promptly threw it in the trash. I only buy peanut butter if it has two ingredients, peanuts and salt. I usually have 1T at a time which I believe is a half serving and 95 calories.
  • WendySturdevant
    Options
    I love my peanut butter also. I eat it every day but I limit it to 2 tablespoons per use and limit it to 1 to 2 times a day. I would rather do without something else ;-) I guess the alternative is eat the peanut butter and go with out something else if you feel you need to.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I LOVE peanut butter, the creamy kind.

I'm trying really hard to stay within my calorie range which falls between 1350 - 1450, depending on how much I burn off that day. Any lower than that and I'm starving! I'm also doing as much exercise as I can tolerate with having rheumatoid arthritis. I'm trying to eat really well. But I am really struggling to stay within that calorie range.

Any help would be appreciated. :smile:

1. If you LOVE it then you should not give it up. I am a firm believer in that!
    2. How did you determine your calorie range and calories burned? Honestly you may be able to keep the peanut butter if you use the right calculation (TDEE - 20% for example)
    3. If you decide to keep it Try an all-natural peanut butter - not low fat they are higher in sugar

Good Luck!
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I eat Jif natural creamy peanut butter and it is 190 calories a serving for 2 tablespoons. i usually only use 1 tablespoon for my peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

a word of advice... that 2 Tbsp serving size is a LIE. weigh out 32g some time and you'll see that 32g is less than you think.
  • paulieboy8390
    Options
    I LOVE peanut butter, the creamy kind. I love it on apples as a snack. But as I was looking at the calories in both regular and reduced fat peanut butter, the calorie content is the same! This is a food I hate to give up. When I looked at the calories/fat in Almond butter, it was even higher in calories and fat!

Is there anything else I can eat in the place of peanut butter? some kind of creamy nut spread? Or are they all about the same. I really don't want to give up this ONE food, especially since I've given up sugar and many other things at this point. But my weight is at a stand still. I have lost 11 pounds and have 39 more to go.

I'm trying really hard to stay within my calorie range which falls between 1350 - 1450, depending on how much I burn off that day. Any lower than that and I'm starving! I'm also doing as much exercise as I can tolerate with having rheumatoid arthritis. I'm trying to eat really well. But I am really struggling to stay within that calorie range.

• 2aycocks
    2aycocks Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    low fat peanut butter

Low fat peanut butter has the same calories a regular.
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    I didn't read any of the other replies but....stick with a natural peanut butter (with no added sugar or oils), measure it out and put the rest away.
  • tomsfit3
    tomsfit3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Don't give it up. As the poster above me pointed out, lots of protein and good fat. Opt for an all-natural peanut butter, with two ingredients at most. I buy the Costco/Kirkland brand, and all it is is peanuts and sea salt. Delicious!
    <
    THIS
  • 2aycocks
    Options
    I LOVE peanut butter, the creamy kind. I love it on apples as a snack. But as I was looking at the calories in both regular and reduced fat peanut butter, the calorie content is the same! This is a food I hate to give up. When I looked at the calories/fat in Almond butter, it was even higher in calories and fat!

Is there anything else I can eat in the place of peanut butter? some kind of creamy nut spread? Or are they all about the same. I really don't want to give up this ONE food, especially since I've given up sugar and many other things at this point. But my weight is at a stand still. I have lost 11 pounds and have 39 more to go.

I think you need to reassess your diet and be honest with yourself. For instance, you didn't give up sugar since you're eating apples

I gave up processed sugar. Powdered donuts, icecream, cookies..........
  • DonnaRe2012
    DonnaRe2012 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I love PB too much, just make it fit into your calories that's all

^^^^^^^ THIS :heart: :laugh: :heart:
  • 2aycocks
    Options
    I LOVE peanut butter, the creamy kind.

1. If you LOVE it then you should not give it up. I am a firm believer in that!
    2. How did you determine your calorie range and calories burned? Honestly you may be able to keep the peanut butter if you use the right calculation (TDEE - 20% for example)
    3. If you decide to keep it Try an all-natural peanut butter - not low fat they are higher in sugar

Good Luck!

I'm just going by what this site says I should do. I filled in the blanks and it came out with the calorie number.
  • mommyrocks5
    mommyrocks5 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Have you tried nutella?

^^^^THIS^^^^ Is the BEST thing known to man and woman! Hahahahaaa! I love it on a tart green apple!
  • 2aycocks
    Options
    OK. The general consensus is to NOT give it up. You dont have to tell me twice! ha!
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Have you tried nutella?

lol. I like you!
  • Melissa11412
    Melissa11412 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Have you tried nutella?

that's prob worse than pb but i'm still gonna give it a.................

k9j81f.gif
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options

I think you need to reassess your diet and be honest with yourself. For instance, you didn't give up sugar since you're eating apples

Haaaahahahaha, good one. Give up fruit. Haaaaaaa