OMG, you wouldn't believe what she has been saying to me!

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I needed to read this today too! Second awesome thing I have read on this website today!
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Amen to everything.

And yeah, I was gearing up to be mad, too. I was thinking, "OMG! Why doesn't she go to HR???" LOL

We all need to be kinder to ourselves.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    this is awesome!
    you need to give yourself several of these
    tumblr_mk0j4kjoVS1rmcgo1o1_400.gif
  • Happymelz
    Happymelz Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    But that's all bull****.

I need to be my own best cheerleader. Not my own biggest critic.
    I need to be there for myself, because I'm the only thing in my life I can count on always being there. Sounds stupid, but it's true.
    HOW do I expect to achieve anything when I believe this ****?
    And what the hell am I mirroring to my kids?
    For their sake, and for my own... I need to cut that **** out.

<3

Thank you for sharing this!
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: very cool... loved it
    10/10
    would bang and I don't care if you eat dirty :happy:
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I heart you! I have the same voice echoing in my head every day. She's a real b**** but I can't seem to get rid of her. :(
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    damn, I was seriously about to offer to go *****slap her! I don't know you all that well, but I'm pretty sure you're awesome.

:flowerforyou:
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    Options
    I do it too, almost every day. Been doing it for 42 years, and usually it feels so darned "natural," I don't even realize I AM doing it. Maybe I have to type it out like this, too -- read it in black and white. It's so easy when it's being whispered silently inside your head day after day to think it's not really THERE. But it is. It is so very VERY there. :grumble: :grumble:

I hear my son do it -- I think he does it so that we will refute what he's saying. I try to tell him, "I wouldn't let anyone else talk to you that way, why would you do that to YOURSELF?" And then I usually tell him..."...and I say this, because Mommy does it, too. And I hope you figure out a better way before you're 42. 'Cause I'm still working on it." :heart: :heart:
  • aligatorwww
    aligatorwww Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My 23 year old daughter yells at me for doing this to myself too!
  • ironjenn
    ironjenn Posts: 25
    Options
    Yep... I know her.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I figured it out pretty soon near the top. Isn't it insane how hard we are on ourselves? I'm so glad there are people on here who get all that stuff. I'm so glad this site isn't just a simple cut and dried numbers game. I'm so glad that even though I still look like this I can relate to someone who looks like that. It makes me feel like I am on the right track and not all alone in this.
  • TinaDay1114
    Options
    GOSH, so many women on here already, and we're all doing this to ourselves!

Here's a lady who does it to herself, too -- and she found a beautiful way to try to work it out, for all of us:

http://www.abeautifulbodyproject.com/
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Yes. I have that woman in my life, too.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    395603_606658606012604_853514650_n.jpg

Thank you, to everyone for reading this, and for your responses.
    To those who do what I do... I feel and understand your pain.

To those who don't do what I do... I envy and admire you. No matter where you are on the fitness path - you have achieved that which is hardest, and there is nothing that can stop you from getting the rest.

:flowerforyou:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Awesome post is awesome! :drinker:
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    this is awesome!
    you need to give yourself several of these
    tumblr_mk0j4kjoVS1rmcgo1o1_400.gif

QFT

and one of these..

I-wanna-a-hug-michael-jackson-9770533-400-300.gif
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    ... I need to cut that **** out.

True. You ARE awesome. :drinker:
  • TinaDay1114
    Options
    Wow. Women sure beat themselves up a lot. In my experience, 99.9% of it is unwarranted. I wish women could see what we men see. We aren't as shallow as commercials make us out to be. The media's definition of "beautiful" is far from what we actually think is beautiful.

**deep bow to the guys out there, most of whom think like ^^^this guy, including my husband** Yep. :heart: :heart: Sometimes I wish you guys were inside our heads b***-slapping that other voice.
  • EmilyJackCO
    EmilyJackCO Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I've said it before... but I love you. I really needed to read this ... and read and reread before bed. This is exactly what I sound like every day - in spite of evidence to the contrary. I know things are really tough on me right now, but that's no excuse. All the more reason to be that much more kind to myself. Thank you again for being such a beautiful inspiration.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    Wow, this sounds like me. Thanks so much for this post, I :heart: it, so true!! It is something I am working on every single day!! :flowerforyou: