Beachbody Randomizer 3000

Options
What is that you speak of.......the Beachbody Randomizer 3000?
It's rudimentary creation in Microsoft Excel that I put together.

A little background: I love some of the Beachbody programs, and yes I am a Coach too (might as well give full disclosure, although my love came long before I decided to become a Coach). The only part I don't love, per se, is the rigid schedule of the programs. I tend to get bored too easily, and eventually fall off the wagon, no matter what program it is.

My solution: I created the Beachbody Randomizer 3000 (I'll gladly accept suggestions for a better name). I have input the different videos from the Beachbody programs I own into it, and by virtue of the basic (very beginner stuff) programming I did, it picks one of my videos at random for me to do each day when I first open it. What program will I be doing today............will it be Insanity's Plyometric Cardio Circuit, or will it be Les Mills Combat - Combat 45..........will it be P90X Chest and Back or will it be Asylum Strength. I don't know and I won't know until I open up the Randomizer.

I would like to set up a group for this kind of thing, although the logistics for such a group escape me.
If you think a group for this kind of thing would work, let me know and I'll consider opening one up.

If something like this interests you, and if you suffer from the same boredom and monotony, feel free to send me a message and I'd be glad to custom make one for you.
Since using it, I have reinvigorated my passion for exercising every night and have kept my workout schedule interesting and unpredictable..........it's almost like playing the "What workout is going to try to kill me tonight?" game. I don't gamble, so this is as close as I'm going to get.

Just figured I would share this tool. Also, to show that I am not completely biased, even if you have other non-Beachbody programs, I'd be glad to help create a Randomizer for your selected programs as well.

Replies

• jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Does this gather anyone's interest?
  • susanbrown96
    Options
    I am a coach as well. I think this is a great idea. One thing I love about Beachbody workouts is they can all be incorporated with each other. I hope this works out for you. Great thinking!
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    It's definitely kept me on my toes.
    Just this week alone, I did Insanity on Monday, Focus T25 on Tuesday and Wednesday, and I'll be doing Les Mills Combat tonight.

I've tried going back to a structured workout schedule. I once tried again to start on Insanity Day 1 and power my way through to Day 60..........I just get bored too quickly and lose the drive to push on.
    I just wind up back to using my Randomizer, and I'm back to being interested in my workouts and energized every day to push on.
  • evalynp8868
    evalynp8868 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is this something you can still do?? I've been wanting to do this!!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,853 Member
    Options
    Is this something you can still do?? I've been wanting to do this!!

The person who created this post doesn't have an ID here anymore.

Low complexity substitute approach:

Make a list of the programs you like to do (or export from a web page if they let you to do that). Number the list. When you want to do a workout, use a web based random number generator (the Google one is fine) to generate a random number between 1 and the highest number on your workout list. Do that workout.

If you know how to use Excel, you can use the RANDBETWEEN function to get the random number, automate the table lookup.
  • age_is_just_a_number
    age_is_just_a_number Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I like the schedules on BOD. It makes it easy and they structure the programs together in a certain way with purpose.

If you don’t like a program or are getting bored, then start a different one.

Also, BOD has many ‘real time’ programs now. In these programs every workout is unique. Programs that are like this include:
    MBF
    MBFa
    21 day fix real time
    21 day fix extreme real time
    80 day obsession
    9 week control freak
    —> right there, that’s a half year of unique workouts for everyday. And those are only the ones I know off the top of my head.

Also, if you don’t want to select a workout each day, then try FitOn. It is a free app (there is a pro version). With FitOn, you complete a profile and then they suggest workouts for you.

Btw, FitOn pro unlocks certain additional features. They one that was important for me is to download videos. If you go this option, wait to upgrade to pro. It starts off at something like $150/year, then every 3-4 weeks they send a lower and lower price. I went to pro for something like $30/year and when that price was guaranteed for future years. It took about 6 months.

I use them both.