Anyone lost weight eating lean cuisine,Smart ones etc daily?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Nicoodlenoodle
    Nicoodlenoodle Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • amp1276
    amp1276 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It may not be "healthy" but it seems like anything I put in my mouth these days someone is telling is wrong. If I grew it in my own back yard, someone would tell me it was tainted by the polluted rain or I bought the wrong breed of plant. If I sat down and tried to do it everyone's way, I'd go nuts and then I give up and eat garbage. I find the diet meals are easy and convenient and I look at them as my personal chef watching my calories for me. If I stick with it, eating a high fiber breakfast and two of the frozen meals a day (I like the salad creations for dinner), I loose 3 pounds a week.

As far as sodium, in case you haven't noticed, MyFitnessPal TRACKS your sodium intake and all other nutrients, and so far I have been AT LEAST 500 mg under the allotted sodium intake for the day.
  • marian4marian
    marian4marian Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    how can white flour pasta be good for you? especially every day? how about some real food?
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    my friend did. He said he chose to eat lean cuisine because he was lazy at counting and cooking. Packaged food takes confusion out of the equation for him. He just had one box for each meal, plus a small icecream at the night. He walks everywhere and lost 30 pounds...
  • manicautumn
    manicautumn Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    If you have kids, you should all eat healthy together. That way you can teach healthy eating while losing weight yourself.

That being said, I eat a lot of microwave food as a university student. It's easier to control portions and I don't have a ton of time to cook. I'm also on a low calorie diet, so it helps.

If you want to eat clean, should avoid it.
    If you care more about portion size and convenience, go for it.

Try to eat fresh food and stuff too and be careful about eating them too often in front of your kids.
  • Yagisama
    Yagisama Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I've found a lot of pretty good frozen meals in Sprouts market (and Trader Joes) including many from Amy's brand. I like them and I can meet my daily maximum sodium intake on most days. That's just my preference.
  • Tina1737
    Tina1737 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I never really found them very satisfying. They are not filling and most don't taste very good. I guess because they are so heavily processed. To me, if you have to add something to them, they become more expensive and the calories go up (unless you just add veg). I'd prefer a rotisserie chicken with salad and nice bread any day, and the leftovers are GREAT (even cold).
  • WisheeNY
    WisheeNY Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I don't get how people are saying they're not "real food". I thought MFP's motto was food is food. And as far as the sodium... I thought it didn't matter as long as you stayed within your goal? The sodium in a Lean Cuisine isn't equal to a day's worth of sodium so... I don't see the problem.

Anyways I used to eat em a lot when trying to lose weight because I didn't really know how to cook and these were way easier to just pop in the microwave but I decided to do it differently this time and actually teach myself to cook and put together meals. The food I make myself is definitely yummier but like most have said, prepackaged meals are very convenient. Some of em are really good too.... to me.