No Carb Pizza crust.

Options
DanniB423
DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
I just saw a thread about Pizza, I thought I'd post this! I have not made it yet but I want to!

Crust
1 (8 oz) package of full fat cream cheese, room temperature
2 eggs
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese

When I make it I will not use full fat cream cheese. You just mix all of these together and press the mixture into a sprayed baking dish and bake at 350 for 10-12 mins. Let it cool and add your toppings and bake again to melt it all. Sounds yummy and low carb!

Replies

• DanniB423
    Options
    Sorry *LOW carb. Not NO carb. :)
  • ngyoung
    ngyoung Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have made cauliflower crust pizza a few times. It is surprisingly good. There are plenty of instructions on pinterest.
  • MissingMyOldSelf
    MissingMyOldSelf Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I have made cauliflower crust pizza a few times. It is surprisingly good. There are plenty of instructions on pinterest.

My husband hates cauliflower, but he tried a cauliflower pizza crust and looked at me and asked, "What sorcery is this??? I love this!!" lol
  • DanniB423
    Options

I want to try that too!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    low carb but doesn't look particularly low calorie at all to me.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with carbs?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    this is downright offensive.
  • ewrob
    ewrob Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Is this serious? Not only does it sound disgusting, but by my calculations that is about 1039 calories, 47 grams of *saturated* fat and 644 milligrams of cholesterol just in the crust. How do you figure this is remotely healthy? The big philly cheesesteaks that I used to eat from subway weren't even that bad.

I eat pizza pretty regularly and I usually get it with a whole wheat crust, lots of sauce and various veggies, usually onion, green peppers, jalepeno, pineapple and banana peppers. I've lost over 80 lbs in 4 1/2 months eating like this. I eat at least 200 grams of carbohydrates per day, usually more than 300. I'd be interested to see how those that insist that low carbohydrate intake is the key to weight loss would explain that.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with carbs?

IDK? I ate a few different kinds today and still came in under my cal goals?
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    I'd rather just make a bacon weave pizza crust. Probably has less calories too.
  • scloyd
    scloyd Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Here's a restaurant that serves zero carb pizza. http://www.eshticken.com/ The crust is made of chicken flattened with a special press. I ate here once with a Groupon. It was okay.
  • DanniB423
    Options
    Considering breads, pastas and all foods white are my total kryptonite, I thought this recipe looked yummy and posted for others who like low carb options. Sorry I even posted it. Geez.
  • DanniB423
    Options
    Interesting!
  • DanniB423
    Options
    And I wasn't looking at it as something to eat all at once. lol.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Considering breads, pastas and all foods white are my total kryptonite, I thought this recipe looked yummy and posted for others who like low carb options. Sorry I even posted it. Geez.

Well I hope you've learned your lesson. When you mess with pizza, you're messing with my feelings. :laugh:
  • recoveryjunky
    recoveryjunky Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    An easier one: mozzarella cheese. Just that :)

put it in a round pan cook it over med/high heat till you think it is burned (it isn't!). It's almost done when you can stick a spatula under it all the way. put your toppings on and let them heat through at the end. Dip in your favorite low carb pizza sauce and you have super low carb pizza!
  • DanniB423
    Options
    The 8 ounces of low fat cream cheese I have in my fridge is 524 calories. The grated cheese is 200 if i use it in the crust and to sprinkle on top. If I skipped sauce and did veggies.. I could probably get away with half the pizza for 360. paired with some green beans I did not think that sounded like a bad lunch.
  • DanniB423
    Options

Well I hope you've learned your lesson. When you mess with pizza, you're messing with my feelings. :laugh:

That is another reason for me. I try not to deprive myself of too many foods I would have had before I found MFP, But Pizza.. I just have to stay away from. It never ends without days of guilt and a good cry :-P
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    And I wasn't looking at it as something to eat all at once. lol.

I'm sorry but I didn't know there was any other way :laugh:

IDK if you have them there but we get 97% FF Domino's pizzas and they are 1000 cals for the whole thing. 50ish g of protein. I have these all the time :smile:
  • DanniB423
    Options
    An easier one: mozzarella cheese. Just that :)

put it in a round pan cook it over med/high heat till you think it is burned (it isn't!). It's almost done when you can stick a spatula under it all the way. put your toppings on and let them heat through at the end. Dip in your favorite low carb pizza sauce and you have super low carb pizza!

This I WILL try:)thank you