Eat Dairy Queen...lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• PepperWorm
    PepperWorm Posts: 1,206
    Options
    My takeaway from this is that you need to sit down with your husband and have a serious talk. He shouldn't be dictating food choices to you.

...I'm confused.

This advice comes right out of left field. Where'd the husband come in again?
  • MexicanOsmosis
    MexicanOsmosis Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I've been on a bit of a Sweet Frog kick lately...
  • tmbowen12
    tmbowen12 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Wow! That would be the way to do it. Knowing that makes me a bit sad about how many young children in there were eating those.....I mean under 10, big blizzards to themselves. I don't have any protein drinks. ********My husband is a bit of a real food nut. IFor some reason he does not like the idea of the protein shake and has turned his nose up at it when I have suggested it. But maybe I should reconsider.. After all, he had dq tooand there was not much real about that. :)

I added ****** to the start of where the husband comes in!!!!
  • Felecia1923
    Felecia1923 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I don't usually eat DQ however this caught my attention because I had it today..lol
    There was one week that I was really worried that I would gain weight because I had DQ 4 times in one week. We never eat out that often lol I think I got a taste for it and then it made me want more... however I actually still ended up losing two pounds that week... I wasn't eating extra calories but the small vanilla ice cream replaced one of my meals.. A lot of people lose weight just eating junk. Thats just not what I chose to do even though I did that that one week and had it today....
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I have a hankering for DQ now, and I have plenty of calories to blow.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    My takeaway from this is that you need to sit down with your husband and have a serious talk. He shouldn't be dictating food choices to you.

...I'm confused.

This advice comes right out of left field. Where'd the husband come in again?

It comes from a few posts later
    I don't have any protein drinks. My husband is a bit of a real food nut. IFor some reason he does not like the idea of the protein shake and has turned his nose up at it when I have suggested it.

In retrospect using the word dictate was probably harsh. But, seriously I do feel she should go ahead and do what she wants food wise and not care at all about what her husbands input is. It maybe irrelevant to her goals.
  • mittencat77
    mittencat77 Posts: 137 Member
    Options

I can assure you, he doesn't dictate my food choices. He does however do all our cooking as he is extremely good at it and I am an incompetent in the kitchen. I am in a great relationship. No need to pathologize it on the basis of that one comment...although I appreciate the concern. :)
  • mittencat77
    mittencat77 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Well....you may all be interested to know that several hours after eating this sundae I felt awful. I could literally feel the sugar running through my veins and it was not a good feeling.

I don't think I will ever, ever do that again. It was yucky! (perhaps I have broken my relation with that form of sugar....now I am loving fruit........farewell "sweet" mistress!).

I did, however, get a great laugh from these comments. And of core, hearing from the former DQ professional was tremendously enlightening. I am forever cured and grateful for all the comments!
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    On Monday I found myself under 400 calories. I have not have DQ in a while and decided to get a mini-oreo blizzard (380 calories) We use to get them 3-4 times a week. Sadly it didn't taste as good as I remembered. Next time I might try the chocolate extreme instead.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    Generally, I eat ice cream at least once a day.

I have reached all my weight loss and fitness goals thus far and am continuing to do so.

Eat that DQ, especially if you're having trouble reaching your calorie goals :smile:
  • Anewcrys
    Anewcrys Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Healthy calories, not junk calories. Eat veggies or something for added calories :)
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    If you have high cholesterol I would not make frequent trips to Dairy Queen. You can get your calories and fat from nuts, avocados, peanut butter, and greek yogurt instead.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Healthy calories, not junk calories. Eat veggies or something for added calories :)

It would take a huge amount of veggies to get to the 700 calories she needed.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Ain't nothing wrong with DQ. Gimme that Peanut Buster Parfait! nomnomnom When I go for a Blizzard, I get either Reese's Peanut Butter Cup or Hawaiian, lowest calories/sodium for me.

I'm also having a good laugh at Ben and Jerry's, Cold Stone, and Buster's being considered "real" ice cream.
  • timesinfinityplus2
    timesinfinityplus2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

It would take a huge amount of veggies to get to the 700 calories she needed.

And wouldn't taste nearly as good.

I'm eating at KFC tonight. I eat out with my wife at least once per week. I've lost 46 pounds, she's lost over 20. I think I'll stick with my plan over veggies ;)