58 Years Old and 81 Pounds Gone (Pics too!)

Options

Replies

• Wildflowers70
    Wildflowers70 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Look at you - you are totally a new person! So inspiring and great words of wisdom. Thanks for sharing your story!
  • lorettasnewbeginning
    Options
    Congratulations on your transformation and thank you for sharing your story. As a 50 year old with similar amounts to lose, that gives me hope. I am finding it harder to lose or maintain weight as I get older, but you've proven it CAN be done!
  • Khushi22
    Khushi22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story, pics & weigh-ins... its so inspiring!!
  • leanlindajean
    Options
    WOW! You go girl! You are rightfully proud of a healthy, successful weight loss... Congratulations on changing your life - I loved reading your story and you have motivated me to get with the program and STICK to it! Thank you!
  • LabrakaDebra
    LabrakaDebra Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Can't add much that hasn't already been said...but THANK YOU for the inspiration!
  • chargers8709
    chargers8709 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Congratulation!! We are so proud of you!! You look great!!!
  • StrongerJess
    StrongerJess Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Wow congrats on the loss! You look great!
  • byrdiebee
    byrdiebee Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Just what I needed to see today. I'm 85 days into MFP, had some success but today I started a real plan. I was just swatting away the idea that "I'm older now and the weight may not really come all off" I'm 46 and perimenopausal.

I saw your last picture and the HOPE surged! Thank you so much for sharing your story. I have bookmarked it for future reference if I get discouraged. The chart you showed of your weight lost over time is SO encouraging!

Thank you so much for sharing. You made a real difference for me today.
  • ljdborton
    ljdborton Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    you Go Girl!!!!!! what an awesome testimony and what a great accomplishment!!!! you look amazing!!!!
  • buxfan
    buxfan Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! What an amazing story (and pictures)!! You are such an inspiration to me; I'm 50, trying to lose about 150 pounds and have seriously been considering weight loss surgery primarily because at my age I really doubted it was possible to do on my own through diet and exercise alone -- you (and your sister) have blown that myth right out of my mind!! So wonderful to see that with drive, determination and support - it is so possible!! You look amazing - congratulations!!
  • tanana1
    tanana1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 53years old and YOU are such an inspiration... I needed to see this post today! I started MFP 6 months ago, and have been off of it for the last 3 months.. I encouraged other people to do it with me, and THEY stuck to it and look great! I was very successful with the weight loss while I was tracking, not sure why I stopped. .BUT TODAY IS A NEW DAY! I am back on.. and thanks to you I feel more motivated.. Congrats a million times over!
  • pml_rs
    pml_rs Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    :smile: I can really relate to a lot of what you have said. Thank you for posting your pictures! It gives me tons of encouragement! !
  • kimmycool2003
    kimmycool2003 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You are amazing !! Great job you look great!!
  • simonsaysso
    simonsaysso Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Wow- you look amazing!

Thank you for sharing - you are providing motivation for me that at 51 - I CAN do it.

All the voices in my head tell me that:

-I'm too old
    -My mom is heavy so I will never be thin

I am at my heaviest weight right now without being pregnant and I so want to just say F#@k it but you have just given me inspiration!
  • JanetP124
    JanetP124 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    This is a great pick me up post. Look at you!!!! You don't even seem to have much loose skin. How awesome you must feel!!!!
  • sugarkissprincess
    sugarkissprincess Posts: 2,595 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! Congratulations! :)
  • peanutbutterz
    peanutbutterz Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    What an amazing inspiration you are!!! Wow!!!
  • Sumiro
    Sumiro Posts: 11
    Options
    Well done! You are an inspiration to us all (menopausal or not! ).
  • Goddesskat
    Goddesskat Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 59 years old and 5 ft. 7 in. and you certainly have inspired me. You look amazing. Nice to see that the excess goes away and there's no hang left behind to deal with. I guess the exercise takes care of that. I've started here and have fallen off the program. Trying to get myself motivated to get back on the horse again. I'm an emotional eater and have had a lot of changes in my life since I started here on this program. Seems I was thinking more about my emotions than thinking about logging in here to keep myself from being that emotional eater that I am. Seeing you and reading your story has gotten me thinking that if I could just hang in here and stick it out for a year, I will certainly be able to accomplish a substantial weight loss. Thanks again for sharing. Keep up the fantastic work :smile:
  • elenabrodet
    elenabrodet Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    awesome story! what an inspiration you are ! Keep up the great work. If you can do it than so can I!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!