what do you hate to hear.

Options

Replies

• Shes1CraftyMama
    Shes1CraftyMama Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I hate it when people ask me for advice on their diet and exercise how I lost the weight and then I tell them,I exercise and changed my diet...then they say "I exercise and eat healthy!"
    If that were the case you would not want my help and would not be 80-160lb overweight!
  • lostdogg
    lostdogg Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    No.

I hate hearing no.

I always tell you "yes."

That's why I like ya bench....... But don't forget the safety word next time

Safety words are for pansies.
    The safety word was for her. :wink:

I can tell you from experience that she doesn't need one. :wink:

*hi fives and takes a bow*
    Thank you sir
  • Stace5
    Stace5 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    ''You go to the gym you can eat whatever you want....'' Errrr no, there are people i've seen in the gym regularly for the last 10+ years that are still fat!!
  • stephen4232
    stephen4232 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Options
    alright fat boy.....
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I hate being told that I am getting to small and that I should stop losing weight. Nobody told me that I was getting to big and that I should stop eating...

^^^ THIS!

Hate it when the blokes try to offer the 'little lady' some help with her weights. Seriously dude, I got this.
  • Newnameishardtofind
    Newnameishardtofind Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I hate to hear my alarm clock in the morning
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options

Also, people who tell me that my goal weight too low, it's my goal, not yours....just saying.

This is one that I am dealing with currently from many people. My goal weight is 20 lbs over my "ideal" weight. And I am fine with that. But everyone around me is saying "You will look sick". "You will be skin and bones". First of all... no, no I wont. second of all F-off! I am doing this for my reasons not to appease you!

/rant over
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    This doesn't really have to do with weight loss but if ONE MORE PERSON tells me that the reason you get sore is from lactic acid build up in your muscles I'm going to SNAP!

To be fair, this was espoused by doctors not that long ago. It's been disproven, but not everyone realizes that yet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_onset_muscle_soreness
  • ScottF83
    ScottF83 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I hate hearing.... "you're perfect now!" "you're fine" "you should stop" "have a burger"

No, I'm not. I still have a podge.

Podge, be gone.
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    "It won't kill you to eat this burger/bacon sandwich/crisp/donut."

No, no it won't. I'll eat one when I want one, not just because you're offering it.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    Eating fat makes you fat.
    Diabetes is caused by obesity.
    Diabetes is caused by eating too many sweets.
    Losing weight is as simple as calories in vs calories out.
    Move more, eat less.
    If you're overweight, it MUST be something you're doing wrong ie: over estimating caloric burn, not weighing your food, user error, etc.
    Ketogenic eating styles are a kooky fad.

Can you see a pattern here?

:ohwell:
  • Newnameishardtofind
    Newnameishardtofind Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    "You don't need to lose weight." Have you seen my scale?
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    You sure you've lost weight? I can't tell...
    :mad: :angry: :explode:
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    complaints complaints complaints...

ppl only talking about their illnesses and diseases...

and ppl who normally should be happy but complain all the time for example about their body just to hear "awww no you are perfect, you are not fat, you dont need to lose weight" bla bla bla
  • taniiagirl
    taniiagirl Posts: 47
    Options
    The thing that really bugs me is when people go
    "I thought you were dieting you should eat that"
    But what hurts that I hate to hear is
    "You look so much better now I felt horrible for you when you were heavier"
    "people find you so much more attractive now you are on the lighter side"
  • CarlaRG
    CarlaRG Posts: 264
    Options
    I was told "your legs look like rocks"

That was my goal--

"That's fine if that's what you want, but men don't find that attractive. They want women who look like women."
  • RoBalance
    RoBalance Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    When I lost a couple of pounds my cousin was so astonished and she was like' oh finally you look good. before you were quite chubby. still had all that baby weight. but finally you look good'. I was a normal weight before that: 57 kg at 5'3. It was so hurtful to say that at a normal weight range ppl consider me chubby. Also, she is not particularly slim and just compares me with her model daughter who is ten years younger. Great. Still get's to me that comment. grrr.. Just had to let it out.
  • Mamalea32
    Mamalea32 Posts: 134
    Options
    You can afford to eat that. Ur skinny.

You need to gain a few pounds.
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    'Your sister is a right goer', 'excuse me'. Oh sorry is that not the right answer.

'You could do with a burger, we need to fatten you up' or 'you look ill, eat something'
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    "You look well."

I always take that as "You've put on weight and I can't think of anything complimentary to say about your appearance."