A jerk at my gym

Options

Replies

• Perplexities
    Perplexities Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe this has gone on for as long as it has. The people that work at my gym should really step in and do something. I am constantly walking around getting in to people's personal space. I never re-rack the weights after I use them. I am always telling people that they aren't doing their exercises correctly even though they didn't ask me for advice. I take forever on every piece of equipment I use causing people to have to work around me. People have confronted me and tried to get me to chill out but I just keep ignoring them. At times I am quite belligerent. If something isn't done soon I am afraid people may stop coming.

Maybe they think you're special? I know I do. :wink:
  • soldier4242
    soldier4242 Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    I cannot believe this has gone on for as long as it has. The people that work at my gym should really step in and do something. I am constantly walking around getting in to people's personal space. I never re-rack the weights after I use them. I am always telling people that they aren't doing their exercises correctly even though they didn't ask me for advice. I take forever on every piece of equipment I use causing people to have to work around me. People have confronted me and tried to get me to chill out but I just keep ignoring them. At times I am quite belligerent. If something isn't done soon I am afraid people may stop coming.

Maybe they think you're special? I know I do. :wink:
    So I am simply special and therefore the rules do not apply to me. That makes sense to me.
  • wideeyedla
    wideeyedla Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    ...and just when I was about to give up on the message boards, I find this gem. Thanks for the morning wake up grins. Fortunately, I am still just walking. I do it with two six month old boxer/pit mix puppies who are afraid of everything and snarl a lot. Nobody messes with me ;)
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's because they are waiting for it to get worse. How? Well you could do it like the guy I saw the other night. I was walking down the steps and this guy was walking up on the same side, head down, not seeing me. He looked up and I almost jumped the railing. Because coming towards me was an Elvis impersonator. So unless you look like Elvis, you aren't trying hard enough.
  • soldier4242
    Options
    I am glad my brand of humor could bring you some laughs. I have two kittens that have decided if I am laying on the couch watching TV it must mean I want them to jump up on to my chest and take a nap.

I thought it was a bit ridiculous when that guy mentioned he had a guy at his guy yelling "Hiya" in front of a mirror.

Then leebesstoad says she has an Elvis impersonator at her gym. I don't even know what to say about that. Just when you think it has gotten as strange as it can get it gets stranger.
  • Greenrun99
    Greenrun99 Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    I cant stand when people sit on a machine and text or 15 min in between sets..or mean mug everyone

Hey I gotta do something while killing time between my sets.. I mean I do 10 reps.. My muscles need 10 minutes to rest before I do another 10 reps.. Come on don't you know anything!!!
    Besides Mean Mugging is like marking my territory, that way people know I will be here the next 30 minutes.. especially when I go talk to the trainer and get some water but leave my towel on the machine.
  • leebesstoad
    Options
    Then leebesstoad says she has an Elvis impersonator at her gym. I don't even know what to say about that. Just when you think it has gotten as strange as it can get it gets stranger.

It's a he, BTW. lol (name a take off on the final scene, the Liebestod [or Love Death] of Wagner's Tristan und Isolde, my favorite opera]

The good thing is that to the best of my knowledge, he hasn't tried to officiate at anyone's wedding yet. :)
  • soldier4242
    Options
    Sorry about that it must have been the bess part that lead me astray.

On one hand I guess there is nothing wrong with going to the gym dressed as Elvis. It isn't illegal or even rude. It is just really strange. When I go to the gym I try to wear clothes that will be comfortable to exercise in and dressing as Elvis just never even came up on that list for me.
  • peeaanuut
    peeaanuut Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Sorry about that it must have been the bess part that lead me astray.

On one hand I guess there is nothing wrong with going to the gym dressed as Elvis. It isn't illegal or even rude. It is just really strange. When I go to the gym I try to wear clothes that will be comfortable to exercise in and dressing as Elvis just never even came up on that list for me.

I think you are just not trying very hard.
  • pamt1999
    pamt1999 Posts: 19
    Options
    I cant stand when people sit on a machine and text or 15 min in between sets..or mean mug everyone

I'm afraid people with think I'm doing that when I'm really logging information on my workouts.
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Oh, I know you! You're that guy who screams and grunts while doing cable flyes!
  • melwharris91
    melwharris91 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My pet peeve is working out next to someone who doesn't use basic hygiene. I know we go in the gym to sweat but please at least use some deodorant and not wear clothes that haven't been washed in the past week. YUK
  • melwharris91
    Options
    Oh, I know you! You're that guy who screams and grunts while doing cable flyes!
  • melwharris91
    Options
    Why?
  • Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    bump to share lmao
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Why?
    To make sure everyone in the gym knows he's cable flying heavy! hahaha
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I am the guy who does a 3 set / 30 min bicep curl and takes a sip of water every 5 secs. I get so thirsty during my routine, and when I am done I do not whip the machine off so you feel my love. After this I go to the circuit training area and jump right in front of someone and sit on that machine for the next 30 mins sipping on my water bottle and texting. Don't hate me. I know I look good!!

Fraking D-bag. The circuit training area is for circuit training. Go to the lobby and sip your water and text. Honestly, I try my hardest to stay out of other gym goers way and be respectful of them.
  • melwharris91
    Options
    I thought it was like marking his territory
  • mlcdz
    mlcdz Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This thread is a perfect example of why I will NEVER set foot inside a gym. Why do y'all put up with this kind of vitriol, judgement and just plain meanness? I thought endorphins were supposed to make people happier, why is there so much ignorance walking around?? I'll hide in my house with my treadmill forever before subjecting myself to that!
  • leebesstoad
    Options
    I was just wondering, though, are you also the guy who does one rep of the overhead press (badly) with more weight than you could possibly handle, just so you can throw it to the ground making the loudest noise so everyone in the gym will turn and stare at you. Making everyone think how strong you are for lifting such a heavy weight. Is that you? I must say we are SOOOOO impressed.