Body Beast Women's Group!

Options

Replies

• tbellamy1
    tbellamy1 Posts: 353
    Options
    I LOVE BODY BEAST!! This is my first round and I am on 2 week of the bulk phase. I plan on doing it again next summer. Every single workout is a challenge and I am seeing some great strength gains. The only thing I don't like is the cardio, I think it's a tad bit weak and corny lol The latin/Asian looking dude is so distracting lol I laugh more than anything so I swap that out for something else. Other than that Sagi is the MAN!!!!!
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Bump. Complete phase one of P90x tomorrow(rest). Already wondering what I should do next. Was looking at brazzilian butt lift(I'm a pear) but body beast sounds interesting. Will be following this thread now. Keep up the great work ladies. So glad this thread popped up tonight:-)
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I literally just finished day 12 of insanity and i'm loving it. my brother-in-law is doing body beast now, after several rounds of p90x and insanity and he's LOVING it. Sounds really tough but like a really awesome way to put on some muscle in a pretty short amount of time! Kudos to you!
  • micheller1978
    micheller1978 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 of the Bulk phase and loving it. I am substituting the cardio workouts for Insanity. It's so nice to see results with such a quick workout to fit into your schedule.
  • allstatemom
    allstatemom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am starting Body Beast on Sunday. I am so excited. :smile:
  • CindyC60
    CindyC60 Posts: 30
    Options
    The problem with do-it-at-home strength training DVD programs like Body Beast is that you don't have anyone to check your form and make sure you are doing it correctly so you don't get injured.

This is especially true of people that have never done any real strength training with heavy weights before.

So if you want to do it, why not get some people together and hire a personal trainer to check your form? Trainers usually offer group discounts, so if you have several people, it wouldn't be all that expensive.
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Yeah!!!! Finally, some girls posting in here! I was beginning to think I was all alone here!

Today, I swapped out BB cardio for T25 and I think that's what I'll be doing from now on. I loved the fact that I was dripping in sweat in only 25min! I like BB cardio but it's all legs to me.

Cindy: I agree that it's hard to check your form at home but I have a big mirror in my home gym and I'm always checking my own form. I suggest that to anyone working out at home; if you have a mirror, use it to check your form. I would love to get a group of girls together in my area to do BB; that would be awesome!

I start the Bulk phase next week! Can't wait! So, keep posting here ladies! Don't leave my all alone to lift by myself!
  • jolene_ca
    jolene_ca Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 of T25 tomorrow :) Saving up for the stuff I need to get going with Body Beast I'm going to do it!

ETA: I was trying to quote and it didn't work. :(
  • ddavies919
    Options
    I'm starting week 3 of T25 tomorrow :) Saving up for the stuff I need to get going with Body Beast I'm going to do it!

ETA: I was trying to quote and it didn't work. :(

You're going to love it!!!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Can't wait! I've got Build Shoulders tomorrow! My favorite! And then, the Bulk phase starts!!!! Building lean muscle baby! I love it!

Girls!!!! Holler! Where are all my lifters at?
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Have you ladies worked out today?! I just got done with Build Shoulders and wow!!! My sports bras are fitting a lot more snug these days! I love the changes I'm seeing and feeling! I keep catching myself flexing in the mirror! Love it!

Now, refueling with Body Beast supplements and Shakeology! It does a body good!

Get to it girls!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    It's a much deserved rest day for me today!!! Been busy throughout the week not only doing my BB workouts, but also teaching fitness and moving and packing! My body needs this today! Although, my hubby wants to go bowling. Ok, I'll go bowling! Burn some calories a bit, why not.

Have a great day ladies! Whether you're resting or Beasting Up, make it a good one!
  • allstatemom
    Options
    I did Build Chest and Tris today. It was good. I am sure I will feel it tomorrow especially since I have a mammo scheduled. I am sure my chest will really be hurting!! :tongue:
  • ddavies919
    Options
    I did Build Chest and Tris today. It was good. I am sure I will feel it tomorrow especially since I have a mammo scheduled. I am sure my chest will really be hurting!! :tongue:

Awesome! That's a good one! My chest always quivers with that one! Ouch! That makes my boob hurt just thinking about it! lol Be careful! And keep posting!
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Good morning!!! Phase 2 started today! I had Bulk Chest and OMG!!! Talk about quiver! Short but very intense workout! I just had my refueling supplements and Shakeology and now, I'm gearing up for some extra cardio; off to teach Turbo Kick.

How is everyone doing? Where is everyone?
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Popping in again; I will be starting this program in August. I've got the supplements ready to go.

Can someone tell me the best time to take the suma? Is it pre-workout, post-workout, or just whenever? Thanks.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Popping in again; I will be starting this program in August. I've got the supplements ready to go.

Can someone tell me the best time to take the suma? Is it pre-workout, post-workout, or just whenever? Thanks.

Yeah!!! I hope you post your journey here! I take the suma after my workout either before or after my shake.
  • allstatemom
    Options
    Today was Build Legs. I have not sweated that much in a long time. I hope I can walk tomorrow.
  • ssaraj43
    ssaraj43 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work ladies! Day 30 P90X for me today. Plyo...still can't keep in heart rate zone. Recovery week made plyo a lot more challenging for me today. Back and biceps tomorrow. I haven't done this one yet and am looking forward to it.
  • ddavies919
    Options
    Today was Build Legs. I have not sweated that much in a long time. I hope I can walk tomorrow.

OMG!!! I know! I sweat like crazy during that workout! It's those step up to lunges that get ya! I couldn't move for 3 days after my first Build Legs! LOL Good job!