Quest bar?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've tried reheating them and the texture is gooey and sticky and it's just not my thing at all.

Honestly I got tired of them though. Most flavors I just don't care for, and even the ones I like I got tired of after a couple months.
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Quest bars! Local GNC stores have them on sale right now: buy 2 bars get one free and if you use this coupon:
    http://content.gnc.com/coupons/COUPON_MBRPrice_20799.pdf
    and have a gold card and get the member price 12 will cost you only $13 or so!
    I stocked up last month when they had them on sale and then with a different coupon so I don't need any right now, I probably have over 60 bars right now. I am waiting for the new White Chocolate Raspberry to hit the local GNC's so I can tried that flavor. I called them last night and none in yet but you can get that flavor from the Quest website right now.
    My favs are: Choc Chip cookie dough, Choc brownie, peanut butter supreme, coconut cashew, banana nut muffin. Lemon is ok, strawberry cheesecake is ok as is choc/peanut butter. I have noticed they have worked on the formulas with the new flavor bars and they aren't as hard as the older versions are.

I also like Power Crunch bars too. They don't have as much protein as the Quest bars do but they are a nice change. With the GNC sale of b2g1f you can get like 18 of them and then use the $10 off $20 coupon and get 18 bars for like $11!! What a deal. I have about 60 bars stocked up of those too due to the gnc sale and coupon last month too.

Shop till ya drop. You can print that GNC coupon out more than once and use it over and over again. You can't use more than one coupon at a time though, some stores might let you but 2 of the 3 GNC stores in my town wouldn't but you can go back time and time again with the same coupon reprint and use it and save $10 off $20 purchase. Enjoy!
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Agree with ^^^! Awesome deal at GNC!

My fave (so far) is cinnamon roll.... tastes like an oatmeal raisin cookie. Mmmm.... love it!

These actually taste good and have a minimal amount of junk in them. A great find. High protein, lots o' fiber, low net carbs... and yummy to boot! :love: A winner!
  • Fat_Bottomed_Girl
    Fat_Bottomed_Girl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    bump for coupon! Thanks. :)
  • dieselbyte
    dieselbyte Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Just microwaved a choc chip cookie dough Quest bar... The ensuing mouthgasm was only matched by my sheer frustration of not having done this sooner!
  • Sebidian
    Sebidian Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    bump
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I love Quest Bars. I thought the chocolate chip cookie dough was my fave but white chocolate raspberry and apple pie have become my favorite. OK, I'll be honest, I like them all!!
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Favorite: chocolate chip cookie dough.
    Notable mentions: apple pie, mixed berry bliss, PB & J, cinnamon roll.
    Want to try: vanilla almond crunch, white chocolate raspberry, coconut cashew.

I've only had one that I didn't care for; the chocolate brownie one was tough to get down. I bought it on two separate occasions because I was willing to believe it would be better microwaved.

It was not. :P
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Had my first white chocolate raspberry Quest bar tonight! Delicious! Though I'm not sure anything beats the chocolate chip cookie dough. Other favs are the coconut cashew, banana nut muffin, and apple pie. Try changing it up by softening cccd or apple pie in the microwave, then rolling it out to thickness (or thinness) of pie crust, bake at 350 for 4 minutes, awesome:heart:! No need to search for low calorie cookie recipes any more when there's Quest bars in my pantry! Also great in the microwave for 15 seconds; they just don't seem to last as long.

I'm curious about your method! What's the consistency of this like after it's done baking? Also do you use a baking sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray? I have to imagine it would stick like nobody's business if you didn't.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm curious how people microwave them at all. Mine always end up like a sticky messy mess when I do it.

I've gone back to quest bars though, couldn't find anything else that kept me as full for the same nutrition.
  • jbgolf52
    jbgolf52 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Yeah I'm curious how people microwave them at all. Mine always end up like a sticky messy mess when I do it.

I've gone back to quest bars though, couldn't find anything else that kept me as full for the same nutrition.

It depends on what state the bar is in. If the bar has been out of the fridge I nuke it for like 10-12 secs and it's perfect. If from the fridge, I nuke it for like 20 secs. Either way, adjust the timing so it doesn't wind up a sticky mess, but even then I still love them.
  • jmwolffyy
    jmwolffyy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Just microwaved a choc chip cookie dough Quest bar... The ensuing mouthgasm was only matched by my sheer frustration of not having done this sooner!

Ok officially have to try microwaving it now....
  • pinkledoodledoo
    pinkledoodledoo Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I am literally chewing on a cookie dough quest bar right now that I microwaved for 8 seconds and it's like eating a warm chocolate chip cookie... just an insane improvement on texture!
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Must try warming them... they barely make it out of the wrapper for me! Mmmmm... cinnamon bun - my fave!
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I got a bad/expired batch but I got some of the chocolate brownie flavored ones from GNC. They were hard as rocks and even when I heated them up to soften, they had a weird chemical butter taste that was pretty gross. I was really hoping to like these bars but I couldn't eat more than a couple bites before tossing.....and I am not very picky.

Anyone else find the chocolate brownie flavor to be gross? Or Quest bars from GNC? I really want to like these bars!
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookie dough is my favorite. I buy 2 boxes at a time. Banana Nut is second because it's softer than the other bars.

Stay away from the Quest peanut butter cups. They taste more like a sand dollar than a peanut butter cup!
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I've never tried heating them up in the microwave. I usually have one at lunch and it has been in my purse so the heat has warmed it up enough and they are soft in texture. I read somewhere where Quest had been working on making their bars softer in texture and I have really noticed lately!

http://content.gnc.com/coupons/COUPON_MBRPrice_20800.pdf

GNC coupon for August 2013. Good till 8/31/13. $10 off $20. Protein bars were buy 3 get 1 free when I was in there last Sat.
    Coupon can be printed off more than once to be used over and over in the month too!
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I have never tried them and now I want to. What other brands have you tried that are good? I've only tried a couple Cliff bars and Luna bars. I need to get ones that are not all full of sugar and that are better for you

Cliff bars are jammed with sugar. Quest bars are the way to go.
  • susan1024
    susan1024 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump for coupon