58 Years Old and 81 Pounds Gone (Pics too!)

Options

Replies

• lsuz
    lsuz Posts: 74
    Options
    Such a great inspiration and just the story I needed to read. It's possible! Thank you for sharing.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    nicely done!! Congratulations on all your success and thank you so much for the book titles!!:flowerforyou:
  • prettynotpretty
    Options
    Wow!! What an amazing job! I'm impressed :)
  • svelt123
    svelt123 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You have spoken to my heart:flowerforyou: Thank You. I really needed to hear from someone like you.
    I will be 50 next year. I have been on MFP since Aug. 2012. It hasn't been easy. but I am still trying! I will never quit! I am still learning about weight loss. Tonight, I think I have just learned something about myself. This is the first time that I actually allowed myself to feel this pain that I have been hiding and pretending to not allow myself to feel. I have had many cries but this was a river. Thank you. You are a beautiful person inside and out.
    :smile:
  • anitasongs
    anitasongs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Amazing...congrats.. You are an inspiration! You look great~
  • loistryin
    loistryin Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks for sharing!! It is so encouraging to read about others success. it is SO true about finding the REASONS one overeats....gluttony. It is so true one needs COURAGE and HELP to respond to those reasons in ways that help and not hurt!!! I won't even get on the scale right now but my guess is it is about 230. I am 57, turning 58 in a month. My life is a little more manageable this summer as I am a teacher and am not working. (Do not be too envious....only the second summer since I was about 15 that I didn't work) Your story is again so very encouraging. If you check out my profile and want to be friends here on MFP I would like that. I keep a blog too that will tell of my journey. Keep up the good work!!
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    such a inspiring story!!! keep it up
  • fallcheryl
    Options
    You are such an inspiration! Thank you for sharing your pics, and wishing you all the best!
  • srgtbiggles
    srgtbiggles Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Great story! Thanks for sharing!
  • TheBrownHornet7
    TheBrownHornet7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Congratulations.... You deserve a commercial!
  • kiwiana1970
    Options
    wow :) amazing :happy:
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    SUPER! Time to Go on another Cruise and do some of those adventures you said to yourself, I wish I could do that!? Now you can!! :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • LeslieN65
    LeslieN65 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing:-)
  • Bennett056
    Bennett056 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational. Thanks for sharing.
  • SimplyDenyse
    SimplyDenyse Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    amazing!!
  • Gsdmom2
    Gsdmom2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow! That is a fabulous story and a great inspiration for the "mature" ladies!
  • sanjones2
    sanjones2 Posts: 5
    Options
    Very uplifting and encouraging, bless you for sharing. ♥
  • jennygeo1
    jennygeo1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and beautiful! You look so healthy! You hit on many key points in your story, but the one that stands out the most is part where you discuss emotional eating and trying to be more aware in your actions. This is such a big part of weight loss - there is an imbalance and we need to find out what our 'triggers' are.

Thank you so much for sharing your story. I have a long way to go but i'm trying to work on myself as a whole and not just worry about the number on the scale. Thank you so much for reinforcing that principle
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    congrats to you, you look beautiful!
  • leslieh1976
    leslieh1976 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Your story is so inspiring to me. I started this journey about a month ago and I have went from 193.4 to 188.7, and I was starting to feel a little discouraged about the small amount of weight for one month, but looking at your break down of weight loss, I know if I don't give up I too can have success!! Thank you so much!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!