Anyone know any good hunger suppressants?

Options

Replies

• Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I find eating more protein helps. Not eating foods that cause insulin spikes helps too.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    waTER
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    First off, I don't believe in any sort of diet pill, so let's get that out of the way.

Coffee, for me, helps suppress my appetite if I feel like snacking and it's not meal time. Also, the types of foods I eat keep my fuller on fewer calories. Fresh veggies and fruits, lean protein, and of course, water are very helpful.

I find if I eat something greasy or sugary, particularly in the morning, I am hungrier than usual throughout the day. Hope this helps.
  • BellaGettinFit
    BellaGettinFit Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i usually take slim quick pills for energy and as an appetite suppressant. water is a great natural one because when i'm feeling bingy i usually drink water until my stomach hurts.
  • sanjones2
    sanjones2 Posts: 5
    Options
    Glucomannan helped me reel in my uncontrolled appetite. Take two 30 minutes before each meal ( max is 3 times daily) . Drink 16 oz of water with the pills and make sure you are eating filling healthy meals of real food not useless carbs etc. Protein and lots of veggies each meal. Helped me hope it helps you too. Hang in there!
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Food and water.
  • chelseascounter
    chelseascounter Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Raw cacao

I'll make a raw cacao powder, banana, avocado, almond milk smoothie. The first time I drank one I wasn't hungry for 5 hours(lost track of time, usually hunger hits me sometime after 2 hours)

I raw cacao is a natural appetite suppressant, also fats will keep you full longer.
  • Ridriguezshannon
    Options
    I only just stared on this (myfitnesspal) but I about a week ago stared on a diet pill and I love them I don't feel like I am hungry or wanting junk food at all .. I am not shaky or feel sick on them :) see if it would help u
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I know the cleaner the food the more you can fit into a day :) eat things like chicken breast, greek yogurt, peanut butter, almonds, even milk helps supress hunger. Find things that have sufficient protien (at least 20 or so grams per meal) eat things with extra fiber, and when you combine fat with protien (ex. peanut butter, almonds, pistachios, ect) it helps even more :) i don't reccomend low carb because especially when you work out your body is searching for carbs to repair itself, and I reallllly don't suggest supressants. you want this to be permanent correct? not just a temporary weight loss? you need to educate yourself on how to eat real foods that help keep you full longer ;) it takes time to learn, but if your on a suppressent you won't learn at all... and once you go off (because you can't stay on those forever) youll be back to square one eating everything in sight :( This is a learning process, it will get easier I promise if you stick with it and educate yourself during the process :flowerforyou:

edit: also i just noticed you only have 14 lbs to lose, you shouldn't need a huge deficit, just enough to lose about a half pound per week or so, maybe 250-300 cals less than maintenance? You can fit lots of filling food into that :)
  • Ljvalsan
    Ljvalsan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    The thing about carbs is that they get digested really quickly, so that is why if you eat them you will get hungry in a hurry. Try switching carbs for proteins. Also sugar, and artificial sweeteners, are addictive and are the major cause of cravings. Cravings can sometimes be mistook for hunger. If you feel hungry eat a small fruit and see if it goes away. Eventually sugar won't have an effect on you anymore.
  • Live4theLift
    Live4theLift Posts: 329
    Options
    H2O
  • epmomof5
    epmomof5 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Totally agree!! Real protein and low carbs work for me. If I have a hungry day I start the next day with a double serving of oatmeal with flax seed. For some reason - this really seems to get me off to a good start and not go into the over-hungry mode.
  • carter1092
    carter1092 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Drinking a protein shake not only suppresses your hunger, but it recovers your muscles after you've done a workout and increases the rate which you loose weight. It's not required that you only drink protein shakes after activity, so go ahead and replace any meal with a protein shake.

I drink one protein shake a day. You can buy them pre-made in bottles or make your own by purchasing a jar of protein powder (many varieties). If you're interested, these are the current protein powders I use that I bought from my local Walmart:
    http://www.walmart.com/ip/Six-Star-Pro-Nutrition-Decadent-Chocolate-Recovery-Protein-Powder-32-oz/26691200

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Six-Star-Whey-Protein-Powder-Strawberry-2lbs/12516996

My daily calorie diet is set to 1200 to loose 2 pounds each week, but drinking protein shakes, my average weight loss is 3 pounds a week without changing my calorie diet.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Drinking a protein shake not only suppresses your hunger, but it recovers your muscles after you've done a workout and increases the rate which you loose weight. It's not required that you only drink protein shakes after activity, so go ahead and replace any meal with a protein shake.

great, now somebody's going to read this and think that it's true.
  • wideeyedla
    wideeyedla Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Look at you're macros, not just your calories. Eat the full complement of healthy fats.
  • littlesprite11
    littlesprite11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You can try shakeology. It helps with cravings, replaces a meal and helps you lose weight. I use it while doing Combat. The chocolate is delicious!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    food.

imo if you are hungry and understand what and when to eat, do it.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1050684-from-now-till-aug-24th-i-ll-be-offering-help

Chances are you dont understand what to do and feel that you MUST be hungry to lose fat.
    You don't.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options

great, now somebody's going to read this and think that it's true.

LOL right?!
  • victoriavoodoo
    victoriavoodoo Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    GUM sugarfree gum. It's not a potentially dangerous pill or stimulant, and it can last a while.

Bonus: get a reeeeally strong mint one and you won't want to eat after it, like how it sucks to eat after brushing your teeth.
  • Helloitsdan
    Options
    The thing about carbs is that they get digested really quickly, so that is why if you eat them you will get hungry in a hurry. Try switching carbs for proteins. Also sugar, and artificial sweeteners, are addictive and are the major cause of cravings. Cravings can sometimes be mistook for hunger. If you feel hungry eat a small fruit and see if it goes away. Eventually sugar won't have an effect on you anymore.

Not trying to be a DB but....

Sooooo my sweet potato, broccoli and rock candy are all digesting at the same rate?
    I'm ****ed.

BTW the small fruit may put her over the fructose for the day...damn carbs!
    ;D