Ideal Protein - Phase I Recipe Suggestions, pls!!

Options

Replies

• tweety612013
    Options
    Is there are list or book on what foods your can/cannot eat? With my recipes and what I eat is too much carbs and I am losing at a very slow pace.
  • Marci369
    Marci369 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am new to Ideal Protein, I am in Phase 1, just started on 4/4/13. I am so confused. I was told no lemon juice or tomatoes on phase 1, but several of these recipes include these as ingredients. Are these recipes really for Phase 1? I seem to be finding little variances in what is included in the program based on where you go.
  • ginamc04
    ginamc04 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    800-900 calories per day and it allows Splenda?

Sounds terrible! The body needs more energy than that to breathe and be alive, These fad diets are horrible. The Eat Clean Diet by Tosca Reno. Real food, no calorie counting, delicious, healthy & you eat a LOT of food-just the good kind!

Get the book from your library!
  • jg4ever
    jg4ever Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump
  • marsibum
    marsibum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I know I am late to this post but I REALLY appreciate that you posted all of the recipes. I'm on week 4 of IP and my taste buds are bored !
    Thanks
  • happyweight33
    Options
    I was able to lose 100lbs in 5.5 months on the ideal protein diet.

If you have the desire to lose the weight, you can keep the diet going. You'll learn what foods you like, and you'll find new ways to change up the veggies/tastes.

Keep your eyes on the prize, don't worry about the occasional cheat, and don't give up.
    You'll get to your goal soon on this diet.
  • kelsykel
    kelsykel Posts: 2
    Options
    hi

Congratulations on your success! Do you know if dill pickles from a jar are ok on this diet?
  • nextrightthing
    nextrightthing Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    bump
  • happyweight33
    Options
    Yes, you can eat the pickles.
  • ldbuster0
    ldbuster0 Posts: 207
    Options
    Seems like some interesting recipes.
  • GrannyGwen1
    GrannyGwen1 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Topic: Ideal Protein - Phase I Recipe Suggestions, pls!!

SAVING FOR LATER COMMENT AND LOVE THE IDEALS AND RECIPIES

THANKS

GG
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    Is there a good substitute for " coconut oil"? When a recipe calls for coconut milk, i just use Soy Milk......am very allergic to coconut.
  • dcrickt
    dcrickt Posts: 1
    Options
    :smile: Here is a site with over 200 FREE recipes that can be used for all phases of the Ideal Protein Program. http://andoverdietcenter.com/recipes
  • clairabellle
    clairabellle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Bumpity bump
  • anbrim
    anbrim Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    If you are also wanting to experiment with your IP packets, this woman has put together a little cookbook online that has instructions and pictures! I love it! So far I've tried making bread/muffins using the IP Potato Puree and the IP Pancakes! The pancakes worked the best!

Rainbow's Recipes: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwWdTuMO2HWabURKU1JkMkdIMFk/edit?pli=1

Another place I found helpful was 3 Fat Chicks On a Diet. They have recipe ideas, can answer any questions, and are just a great support forum.

3 Fat Chicks On a Diet: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/

Good luck everyone! :glasses:
  • allinoelle007
    allinoelle007 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for sharing ideas. I am excited to do some experimenting!
  • stephspells
    Options
    Thank you all for posting. I am 9 days in on IP and lost 10lbs so far. The first week was easy. This is my second week and its been brutal. I am especially grateful for all the great recipes and to the lady who posted the rainbowsmiles cookbook. Everyone keep up the good work!
  • caymanapril
    caymanapril Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My coach says if you don't eat all the protein and veggies, the protocol just doesn't work as well.
  • kristinee1
    kristinee1 Posts: 12
    Options
    CJ- Phase I refers to the Ideal Protein (IP) protocol, which is a low-calorie, low-carb, protien-rich diet, consisting of protein products sold/provided by IP. IP monitors dieters and their progress. IP consists of four phases, the first being Phase I, the most restrictive. Phase I restricts the dieter to approx 800-900 calories per day, as well as restricts all slow carbs, which mainly consists of any white carb, such as bread, potatoes, pasta, rice... as well as cheese, lentils, beans, corn, carrots, sweet peas, any rooted veggie, and a few others things are restricted, including sugary drinks, even diet, but allows up to (4) splenda daily. The idea behind the change in diet is achieve ketosis, the state in which the pancrease reduces the amount of insulin produced and retrains the pancreas all while the carb-starved body starts to feed off of the stored fat, thereby allowing a consistent weight loss. Dieters in Phase I eat (3) IP proteins (purchased foods) daily, (1) for breakfast, (1) for lunch along with 2 cups of unrestricted veggies, and a 3rd protein for an afternoon or evening snack, but dieters eat their own protein for dinner, along with 2 cups of unrestricted veggies. Dieters remain in Phase I until they reach 90% of their goal weight, at which time they then move into Phase II - the difference is dieters add their own protein to lunch, as well as dinner, along w/veggies. Phase II is approximately two weeks and closely resembles the first phase, as the diet still excludes carbohydrates and ketosis continues with the only difference being the dieter replaces the IP lunch protein with a lean protein of their choice. The dieter then moves to Phase III, which is a reintroduction of fast carbs, good carbs; again, this phase is short-lived and is an intermediate phase. Phase IV, maintenance, is a stabilization stage, the first step to your every day diet - maintenance is a two step process where a few restricted items, slow carbs, are allowed back in the diet with restrictions. Hope this summary helps you :)

Thank you for this explanation. I've been thinking about trying IP but I hear and don't like that you cannot workout during phase I. I workout with a personal trainer three days a week and don't want to give it up. I LOVE going to the gym!
  • hilliardburg
    Options
    Hi everyone...Just starting this diet and noticed that tomatoes are not part of phase I however when I went to the actual Chanh Tran Tien website he said that tomatoes (2 a day max) was Ok however cherry tomatoes are not since they contain more sugar?