Options

Replies

• KimJohn2013
    Options
    This is brillaint, awesome :laugh: :laugh:
  • AmandaAnne307
    AmandaAnne307 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you've successfully justified your binge eating ... in your own mind. LOL.

Actually, I wouldn't call this a binge at all. Binge eating is characterized by eating a lot in a short amount of time (I did do that), usually with a feeling of being out of control. There was nothing uncontrolled about the way I ate; I chose and enjoyed every bite. With a true binge, the person eats past the point of feeling full, because they simply cannot stop eating. Most people who binge end up feeling very overfull and nauseated. I never ate past feeling full. I've got a big appetite :happy:

I think the word "binge" is thrown around way too casually. Eating a lot, or eating unhealthy, is not necessarily a binge. Bingeing is more of a mental thing in my opinion. But if you want to characterize a day of relaxing and enjoying some treats a "binge," be my guest :flowerforyou:

So right - twice in one post! Thanks for the great words...
  • wblau1991
    wblau1991 Posts: 9
    Options
    I totally agree with your message. Daily caloric intake ins't really as important as weekly caloric intake and you explained it quite nicely. The only thing I would suggest is to be careful with your insulin levels. Eating that much sugar will hurt your body. Sometimes we need to realize we're not just looking at numbers/calories. Stay safe OP.
  • jetinder
    jetinder Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with your sentiments! Losing 2 or 3 kg's in a week for me mean that I can enjoy my time at the weekends with the family and I've still a net loss at the end of the week. It doesn't take long to lose it again in my case.

I mean, being able to share on of those huge ice creams with the kids is just the best (TGI's today, hence me being in a positive mood). Before my current lifestyle change I never ate desserts. So there are upsides to everything.
  • Evilmuffin666
    Evilmuffin666 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love it..... It reminds me of a saying...

Just think of all those ppl who skipped Dessert on the last dinner before the Titanic sank!

Tomorrow I am going to Amsterdam to Hard Rock Cafe for chicken wings....... I have known for a week now........ Cant wait. And it is NOT a binge. Who the hell takes a two hour Train ride to binge!
  • Mslibb
    Mslibb Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Love it!! I scarfed 2800+ calories today and I don't feel guilty either :)

a) I needed to get some cravings out of my system.
    b) This is why I try to eat healthier most of the time - so I can splurge when I feel the need.
    c) On average, I'm still doing better than I was before I started this!

Cool post - love you, love your work! ;)
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Not sure gluteny is something to celebrate but glad your happy i just dont like that too full feeling myself
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I wish I could stop worrying so much about having the occasional (or weekly/twice weekly) binge but the moment I do, I want to eat again. It seems like my whole weight loss is built on being hungry... haha
  • Rilzy
    Rilzy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have failed at dieting about six times. Seventh time the charm right? Five of those times I just fell back into bad habits because I wasn't committed or I wasn't seeing results as fast as I'd like... silly right? However, on one occasion I made a conscious decision to stop because I didn't like what it was doing mentally to me. I had begun obsessing so much about calories and going over my daily limit that the guilt was very extreme. The breaking point was after I had, I swear I'm not making this up... 10 wholewheat crackers and two slices of Sargento cheese and I cried for about an hour because I'd gone over my limit. CRACKERS and CHEESE. The next day I went to KFC and had a two piece combo (the guilt was intense but I was determined to exorcize it someway of the other) and didn't look back. In the moments after I finished crying from having the crackers and cheese I was desperately afraid that I was on the verge of having an eating disorder so I made the decision to stop everything.

Fast forward three years later and admittedly two other failed attempts at losing these 30 pounds, my biggest goal (even bigger than losing weight) is to develop a healthy relationship with exercise AND food. So far I've included bits and pieces of what I like every day ... I have chocolate most days, I've just learnt the art of putting back half of it. Also, on Saturdays I eat the way I normally would but I make an effort to probably cut out the half of a litre bottle of Coca Cola. Today I will most likely go over my daily limit by 600 - 700 calories but I don't care. I am still under my weekly goal, I have met all my gym goals for the week. It is important to not be TOO restrictive because that's a part of being healthy as well.
  • Rilzy
    Rilzy Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I wish I could stop worrying so much about having the occasional (or weekly/twice weekly) binge but the moment I do, I want to eat again. It seems like my whole weight loss is built on being hungry... haha

The thing is though. Going out and having KFC per usual, Burger King per usual, Nandos per usual... Haagen Dazs per usual once or twice per week, have extra butter on your popcorn isn't a binge. It is eating in a slightly more relaxed fashion.
    I sometimes try to make sure I have an uber healthy filling snack prepared for if I end up feeling hungry after having fast food instead of a more filling lunch. That works instead of trying to have another complete meal.
  • thistimereally
    thistimereally Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Saving for future!
  • frances_bacon
    frances_bacon Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just came across your post, bless your heart, what a fantastic attitude :)
  • GrandmaDoris
    GrandmaDoris Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I agree totally. If you deprive yourself too much, you will eventually either go on a binge, or you will get discouraged and stop.
  • adidas072
    adidas072 Posts: 2
    Options
    I have the same philosophy and lost 75 lbs in 5 months.

I keep telling myself it's not the day to day battles it's the long term war you have to win!

Don't deprive yourself of some of life's guilty pleasures but enjoy them in moderation!

And don't make a daily habit of eating 3K calories thats how I got big
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Finally! Someone with common sense actually posted about this! Thank you!

I dig your profile pic
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    clapping-o.gif

Bravo OP! Bravo!
  • alliemum3
    alliemum3 Posts: 6
    Options
    it just doesn't get better than Chuck :laugh:
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member