Super Powers

Options

Replies

• sd_dilligaf
    sd_dilligaf Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Seeing the connections and similarities between items that have none.
    Making you squirt the liquid you were drinking out your nose (This power is intermittent).
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    Mine is empathy. For some reason people always want to open their feelings to me (I must have that face of, 'please tell me, I care.')
  • griff7809
    griff7809 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    well, seeing as how I am Batman, i have no superpowers.....
    (oops, I don't think I was supposed to put that out there)

thanks for taking the hit for me bro....

But, I'm Batman.
  • Montarosa456
    Montarosa456 Posts: 133
    Options
    My nutella eating skills.
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I'm kind of psychic. Or just extremely empathetic. I can almost feel what other people are feeling. For this reason people open up to me about things almost instantly. I'm that person at a kegger who has the big tough macho man talking about his feelings about his father and ex girlfriend. Most of the time it's great since I'm genuinely interesting in people and love learning more about them. Other times, I just want to drink my whiskey and talk about Star Wars like everybody else. Also, on a few occasions, I've said "whose phone is ringing?" about 5 seconds before it started going off.
  • FearAnLoathingJ
    FearAnLoathingJ Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Mine is arguing
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Eating.

Playing Call of duty

Insulting incompetent call centre staff
  • mp_deep
    mp_deep Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    read minds
  • M8R5on8ym
    M8R5on8ym Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Mine is annoying people. :smile:

I've perfected mine so it works better on the wife :bigsmile:
  • missjewl
    missjewl Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Multi-tasking.... and Being a fulltime "out of home" working mom!
  • weajewjewbee
    Options
    HAHAHAHA
    i have 2.....

stupidity

putting my foot in my mouth.

not sure which is more powerful than the other though. HHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP
  • jljshoe1979
    jljshoe1979 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    My dad and I were talking the other day about our "illnesses". I have cancer, and he has Parkinson's Disease. We don't make light of the things we have to go through, but sometimes its kind of a stress reliever to have fun with our problems. In the same conversation, we were also talking about all the comic book based movies that have come out...yeah, I'm a nerd. The two topics tied themselves together, and we decided we had our own super powers.

A little back story: The type of cancer I have is called CML for short and basically, my body produces too many white blood cells (because of the overproduction they don't mature fast enough), and my body makes a thing called the Philadelphia chromosome. I take a medicine for this condition, but I am not supposed to get pregnant - as it can harm the baby. With my dad's PD, he has tremors and other symptoms I won't go into here (as it serves no purpose for the rest of the post).

Onto our "super" conclusions: He has a special power where when he sees someone misbehaving, he can grab the evil villain and shake them into compliance. Although, he must be careful to let go before shaking them to death. As for me, I am like an X-men with my genetic mutation. The government (powers that be) are afraid of me passing on this trait to my offspring, in fear I will produce amazing super-humans - so they give me a drug to prevent this from happening. With having extra white blood cells, my immunity is also made stronger making me invincible.

So, just for fun, what's your superpower or what kind of superhero are you?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    i think you and your father's superpowers are that you have the amazing ability to, even for a moment, look past your illnesses and find some enjoyment in coming up with some creative distractions. i'm not sure i'd have that strength.

me?...im just a mere mortal. if sarcasm were a superpower though...
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    People think I am weird, when the movie unbreakable came out Bruce Willis's character is allot like me. I never get sick, when I get hurt I heal fast. I say I never get sick but, I actually caught a head cold this past winter. Prior to that, I haventt even had a cold since I was a kid.
  • delaniecastillo
    Options
    i think you and your father's superpowers are that you have the amazing ability to, even for a moment, look past your illnesses and find some enjoyment in coming up with some creative distractions. i'm not sure i'd have that strength.

This man has said it perfectly.
    I am a comeback queen.
    HarryDoesntWanthisComeback.png
  • jljshoe1979
    Options

My dad and I are just warped. All credit, really goes to him...he taught me how to be this way.

To you I bequeath the super power of a tongue so sharp no diamond may cut it. Your words will tear down and humble thy enemies. Remember, "with great power comes great responsibility."
  • jljshoe1979
    Options
    People think I am weird, when the movie unbreakable came out Bruce Willis's character is allot like me. I never get sick, when I get hurt I heal fast. I say I never get sick but, I actually caught a head cold this past winter. Prior to that, I haventt even had a cold since I was a kid.

Loved that movie. Loved Willis' character and his enemy - there is balance in the world.

I don't think you're weird...they're just jealous, especially when flu season rolls around. Your "head cold" was probably like mega swine flu or something. Keep making those amazing anitbodies - the rest of us are going to need 'em. :happy:
  • jljshoe1979
    Options

This man has said it perfectly.
    I am a comeback queen.

Thanks again - all credit to my dad. Comebacks - oh man, my brain is never that fast in a "heated discussion." My comebacks always come to me hours later, and I was like "man, why didn't I think of that sooner." Awesome super power!!
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    My profile here says "Behold my piggy socks, they give me superpowers" and there's a pic of me wearing them with my running pants. I can run hills and sprints in those babies like the wind and when I do, pigs fly :laugh:
  • jljshoe1979
    Options
    My profile here says "Behold my piggy socks, they give me superpowers" and there's a pic of me wearing them with my running pants. I can run hills and sprints in those babies like the wind and when I do, pigs fly :laugh:

Hilarious!!! (okay, so I snorted my water as I read this, and the cat gave me a dirty look - guess I was laughing too loudly and woke her up)